shute

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Can anyone provide info' on Bobby Womack -So Many Sides Of You - Motown 12inch from 1981 TMG1267.....

IS THIS WELL KNOWN

HAS IT BEEN PLAYED

WHAT PRICE

ANY INFO' GREATLY RECEIVED

Kin ell Shute you really should have this on Beverly Glen records mate e-ferkin-enshual soul record mate been a classic since it was released available on 45, 12" and LP both Poet LP's are essential Poet II is on Motown ;o))

John

Social source share

Also fairly easy to pick up on 7" (UK Tamla Motown)

Lists at between £15 - £20.

Heavy plays in South yorkshire over the last ten plus years..... become a little played out if anything.

WOOF!

Was huge in South Yorkshire as a new release my four-legged friend - along with others, such as 'Circles' Atlantic Starr, 'Never had a love so good' Charles Johnson, 'Let somebody love you' Keni Burke et al. All were monster sounds at the Clifton Hall - brand-new stuff alongside 60s, whereever did we go wrong??

cheers

Scotty

Social source share

Kin ell Shute you really should have this on Beverly Glen records mate e-ferkin-enshual soul record mate been a classic since it was released available on 45, 12" and LP both Poet LP's are essential Poet II is on Motown ;o))

John

i'd say stuff it John, and get stuck into the whole Beverly Glen stuff - Chapter 8, Johnny Taylor, Anita Baker etc - and have done with it. Top stuff

cheers

Scotty

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

i'd say stuff it John, and get stuck into the whole Beverly Glen stuff - Chapter 8, Johnny Taylor, Anita Baker etc - and have done with it. Top stuff

cheers

Scotty

Yeah i'd agree Rich a great little label with top quality output Nita's Songstress is fantastic and i'd forgotten about Chapter 8 great stuff

John

Social source share

Yeah i'd agree Rich a great little label with top quality output Nita's Songstress is fantastic and i'd forgotten about Chapter 8 great stuff

John

Now you are talking.Chapter Eight are one of my fave bands.Anita Baker used to Sing vocals with them before she went solo and released 'Songstress' which is in my top five fave albums.

Pete

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Now you are talking.Chapter Eight are one of my fave bands.Anita Baker used to Sing vocals with them before she went solo and released 'Songstress' which is in my top five fave albums.

Pete

Seem to remember Chapter 8 being her backing band in the early days, is this what you meant or did she actually sing as part of the group Pete?

John

Memory shot away as usual doh!!

Social source share

Seem to remember Chapter 8 being her backing band in the early days, is this what you meant or did she actually sing as part of the group Pete?

John

Memory shot away as usual doh!!

She replaced Carolyn Crawford on vocals,I can't remember which album though.Will have a rummage through,see if I can dig it out.A good excuse to listen to their albums again.Micheal J Powell was involved with them,he went on to produce some awesome stuff!

Pete

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!