Phil Collins Noose

Now then,

With me being a young 'un I was unaware the above has collaborated with some soulies (Ive been watchin a free daily star dvd 'Buster')

And have been informed groovy kind of love is a good track.

True or False

Please dont think im a geek just know that i am.

Del

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As with Paul Weller most of Phil Collins covers are crap!! The originals of Groovy Kind O Love were made in 1965 by Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles (the best version) and Diane and Anita (must admit to never hearing this one). In 1966 the Mindbenders had a massive hit with it in England (have this - not bad) and Phil Collins version came out in 1988 for the film Buster. If you can get to hear the earlier copies they are much better!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Sorry Del Capri, I have to agree with Lesley.

Phil Collins is the most awful, pathetic wretch ever to have murdered a decent tune. I believe that Noose you mention in the title could be put to good effect!!

Social source share

Gene - according to my records Toni Wine wrote this record with Carole Bayer Sager (2 different people) but did not issue it as a single until 1971. Hope this helps

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Actually, I was led to believe that the original version of "A Groovy Kind Of Love" was recorded by the composer, Toni Wine (aka Carole Bayer Sager), and also released as a single in the US.  Anyone shine some light on it?

But do you really care?????????????????????

And Del don't ever mention that name again it's just not PC .....well it is but...

John

Social source share

But do you really care?????????????????????

Not really, to be honest - I'm just a fully qualified smartarse!!

BTW Johnny, you look more like Jason King these days - sure you're not his twin brother, Joe? (how many people have said "You must be Joe King" in passing, or not?)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Not really, to be honest - I'm just a fully qualified smartarse!!

BTW Johnny, you look more like Jason King these days - sure you're not his twin brother, Joe? (how many people have said "You must be Joe King" in passing, or not?)

Just you LOL

Most people mistake me for Joe Pascali...........................

Social source share

Nice one, be aware I dislike Phil as much as the sun reflects off his shiny bonce.

I just noticed the name Dozier and wondered.

Thanks alot, will hunt down Patti labelle'e version. Think that will be my cup of tea

Del

Social source share

Nice one, be aware I dislike Phil as much as the sun reflects off his shiny bonce.

I just noticed  the name Dozier and wondered.

Thanks alot, will hunt down Patti labelle'e version. Think that will be my cup of tea

Del

He guested on a Lamont Dozier's 1991 album "Inside seduction" He plays drums on the album as well as co writing and background vocals on "The quiets to loud"track which is awful.Eric Clapton also plays guitar on what overall is a little lack luster lp

Adam

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

He guested on a Lamont Dozier's 1991 album "Inside seduction" He plays drums on the album as well as co writing and background vocals on "The quiets to loud"track which is awful.Eric Clapton also plays guitar on what overall is a little lack luster lp

Adam

Christ. Phil Collins and Eric Clapton! Chuck in Freddy Mercury on vocals and you have a nap hand.

Gotta drink less caffine during the day :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!