• Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sounds like an article you started about 18 months ago :thumbsup:

Between you and me Johnners i started it in Jan 2002 :thumbsup:

Del Boy finally sent the bailiffs in last week, so i finished it off!

Cheers

Steve

ps So has anyone got it or not? Jordi Rip - I thought you had it matey - any chance of a listen???? :lol:

Social source share

Between you and me Johnners i started it in Jan 2002 :thumbsup:

Del Boy finally sent the bailiffs in last week, so i finished it off!

Cheers

Steve

ps So has anyone got it or not? Jordi Rip - I thought you had it matey - any chance of a listen???? :thumbsup:

Hi steve,

I've got a scan and a review to email you, but I can't do soundfiles. If you want I can dig it out and play it down the phone to you.

Jordi

Social source share

Never seen it on a UK POLYDOR but I have it on UK

BUS STOP..

also if you think thats good try a get copy of their..Making of love on WAM feckin brilliant 70,s

tune too

go hunt it down :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Basic black and Pearl have you got

"there'll come a time , there'll come a place" by them on UK & US Polydor ?? brilliant record !

Social source share

You still wont get a pint from DP :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol:

BH

Anybody needs one, I have a Canadian copy 'There'll Come A Time' (WAM) here for sale at the moment - PM me for more details if interested - ok?

Chz...M Rez

Social source share

also if you think thats good try a get copy of their..Making of love on WAM feckin brilliant 70,s

tune too

Got it listed (Wam 909) but didn't realise it was that good???

Looks like i need to hear this too!!!!

Soundfile anyone?

Jordi have you got this one too????

If i can't get one i'll just put that 'gasher sez it's feckin brilliant' blush.gif

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

This is the one I'm on about. (Making of Love). I don't know the other one unless it's the flip, trouble is that it's buried somewhere in a box and I haven't had time to search it out to check. As Gash sez, it's a cracker. Starts off just this side of schmaltzy mid tempo disco, but picks up to be a bit of a killer with pained, heartfelt vocals. should be a big tune in the modern / crossover / 70's places.

Jordi

Social source share

its going massive in my front room

gonna be a biggie in the right hands..

ooh er misses

Steve,

This is the one I'm on about. (Making of Love). I don't know the other one unless it's the flip, trouble is that it's buried somewhere in a box and I haven't had time to search it out to check. As Gash sez, it's a cracker. Starts off just this side of schmaltzy mid tempo disco, but picks up to be a bit of a killer with pained, heartfelt vocals. should be a big tune in the modern / crossover / 70's places.

Jordi

Social source share

Steve,

Jordi

No probs Jord - young Mr Garbutt from sunny Middlesboro is bringing me both copies (they are seperate 45's) to listen to tonight at The Orwell.

Thanks again

Steve

Social source share

I have a copy of a Wam 45 by Basic, Black and Pearl called "Right On Baby" Thgink the other side is something to do with Christmas?

Havent heard it for a while, will have to dig it out.

Hiya

Yes i have this listed too on Wam.

Is this a bit of a funky ditty?

They had five releases on Wam to my knowledge?

Thanks for the info

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Basic black and Pearl have you got "there'll come a time , there'll come a place" by them on UK & US Polydor ?? brilliant record !

Like Johnny Night-In-The-Gale mentioned, certain we did this a while back......regarding "there'll come a time" etc...i have this on WAM,,,,,

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Like Johnny Night-In-The-Gale mentioned, certain we did this a while back......regarding "there'll come a time" etc...i have this on WAM,,,,,

I could be wrong but wasn't "There'll come a time ....." released on Bus Stop as well as Polydor ?

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Steve, I have a copy of,

"Carla Whitney-I`ve been hurt so many times" on a "Attic" 45,

if you need a scan of it let me know?,wasn`t this Canadian only.

Dave f..............

Yeah, the Carla is a Canadian-only Choker Campbell production he did while relocating many Detroit singers and musicians here in the early 70's.

chokercampbell_lovingatmidnight45.JPG

Here's the Basic Black pic:

basicblackandpearl45.JPG

Hope all is well with you, Jordi.

Kevin in Canada.

Social source share

Yeah, the Carla is a Canadian-only Choker Campbell production he did while relocating many Detroit singers and musicians here in the early 70's.

chokercampbell_lovingatmidnight45.JPG

Here's the Basic Black pic:

basicblackandpearl45.JPG

Hope all is well with you, Jordi.

Kevin in Canada.

How ya doin' Kev? I've never seen that Choker Campbell record, is it the same as Carla's. Any chance of a sound clip if it's different.

Jordi

Social source share

How ya doin' Kev? I've never seen that Choker Campbell record, is it the same as Carla's. Any chance of a sound clip if it's different.

Jordi

It's instrumental...and one of my favourite tunes. The address on the 45 is right across the street from my childhood home and in an apartment building I played most of my childhood pranks in (farting in water bottle for weeks on end, then sifting it through various selected mail slots etc).

None of the Canadian soul dudes (Martin at Kops etc) have heard of it, either.

Loving at Midnight

MAny of his Ultra City singles also made their way up here.

Kevin in Canada.

Social source share

It's instrumental...and one of my favourite tunes. The address on the 45 is right across the street from my childhood home and in an apartment building I played most of my childhood pranks in (farting in water bottle for weeks on end, then sifting it through various selected mail slots etc).

Loving at Midnight

Kevin in Canada.

Nice one Kev, it's nice and laid back but I can't even recognise it as the same tune as Carla's.

Jordi

Social source share

Steve, I have a copy of,

"Carla Whitney-I`ve been hurt so many times" on a "Attic" 45,

if you need a scan of it let me know?,wasn`t this Canadian only.

Dave f..............

Aye, that one's on the list Mr Fleming - i also have the 45 thanks............

.....................beast of a tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Stve

Social source share

Nice one Kev, it's nice and laid back but I can't even recognise it as the same tune as Carla's.

Jordi

Hi Kev/Jordi

I've never seen this either!

Only have the Carla vocal from the fabulous LP on Attic (it was a 45 too!)

Nice one

Steve

ps

BIG THANKS to Adam for bringing along the two Basic Black & Pearl 45's on Friday at The Orwell. Gave me a chance to listen and review them for me article.

'Makings of love' is a beauty!!!!!

Anyone got one for sale now whistling.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Loving at Midnight

Kevin in Canada.

Have you heard Fleming Williams 'Poverty Child' on Better World-Same Backing to Lovin at Midnight but nice male vocal .

Dave Ripolles (Jordi's kid bro')

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!