Billi/billy Wells/welles, Should I Be Confused?

Larsc

I'm looking for info on Billi Wells/Billy Wells/Billi Welles and noticed that The Billy with the Crescents is apparently a different guy from the Billy with the Invaders/Outer Realm. Is this true?

And if anyone has info of any kind I'd love to hear about it.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Moderator Edit: the purpose of discussion threads is not so you can bump the thread with a link to your own ebay auction (in this case without even a fake attempt to contribute to the discussion, just a link to an auction from an ebay user whose name matches yours). If you want to post a link to an ebay auction, do it in the Ebay and Website sales links. Please don't do this again. Thank you.

Social source share

As Bob said, Billy Wells was very involved with Mercede Records (Florida) from late 71 for around 2/3 years.

He wrote songs for them, recorded for them & worked with some of their other artists.

The label was run by John & Dee Mercede from Ft Lauderdale. John & Dee were related (kids ?) of local property developer Frank Mercede.

Social source share

Thanks for the input, I know a bit about Billi Welles at Mercede. I know less about what he did before and after. And I was a bit confused about there being one or two artists by the same name, but that seems to be cleared up now.

I've also tried to get Nancy to reveal something about her past but she's not very communicative.

My Mercede label page:

https://www.boogalooinvestigator.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13:fort-lauderdale-early-70s&catid=14:record-labels&Itemid=35

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!