After Fosland...do You Think I

Pete S

• Replies 28
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Oh bugger...well Nat hall is good anyway. George Pepp is ok but a bit schmaltzy for me

From e-bays rules

Counterfeits, unauthorised replicas (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorised copies (such as copies of software programmes, video games, music albums, movies, television programmes, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay. Unauthorised copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorised copies of media.

Guideline: If the product you're selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay.

Just interested if anyone has been pulled up by eBay for listing boots, or do they turn a blind eye to it?

Martyn

Social source share

From e-bays rules

Counterfeits, unauthorised replicas (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorised copies (such as copies of software programmes, video games, music albums, movies, television programmes, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay. Unauthorised copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorised copies of media.

Guideline: If the product you're selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay.

Just interested if anyone has been pulled up by eBay for listing boots, or do they turn a blind eye to it?

Martyn

Must be wanna` them authorised "boots".......... whistling.gif

Social source share

I had a listing finished early by eBay because I'd stated that I didn't know if it was a legitimate issue or not (a Funk compilation LP).

So it does happen.

Funk LP,shockin`........ laugh.gif all funk should be outlawed anyway :shades: save the nice one`s i got :D

Social source share

Funk LP,shockin`........ laugh.gif all funk should be outlawed anyway :shades: save the nice one`s i got :D

Amended guidlines.....

Guideline: If the product you're selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, if it's a soul record pressed after 1970, if its crossover or God forbid R & B, if its any of that tuneless modern shite, (in a nut shell if Smiffy don't like it) don't list it on eBay.

Martyn

Edited by martyn pitt
Social source share

I'd just like to say to whoever actually went and reported this to ebay and got it removed - despite me just posting details on here to show people can be honest in advertising - you're a sneaky c*nt and hope you're pleased with yourself. You're pathetic.

Is this not the problem with being honest Pete.

Had Fosland or any others out there selling boots on eBay chosen to accurately describe the goods as you did Pete, they would also run the risk of having the items removed.

All this serves to do is make it harder to weed out the swines out there in eBay land who are trying to rip you off, from the open and honest eBayers such as yourself.

I agree with your last sentiments, lower than a snakes belly.

Martyn

Social source share

Is this not the problem with being honest Pete.

Had Fosland or any others out there selling boots on eBay chosen to accurately describe the goods as you did Pete, they would also run the risk of having the items removed.

All this serves to do is make it harder to weed out the swines out there in eBay land who are trying to rip you off, from the open and honest eBayers such as yourself.

I agree with your last sentiments, lower than a snakes belly.

Martyn

I just wonder if this person has reported everyone else who is selling pressings on ebay, there must be over 1000 'reissues' on there at any given time, yet because I've got one nestling amongst 50 originals and because it's me, they think they are so clever. Bullied at school I bet. I think I've just about had it on here now.

Social source share

I just wonder if this person has reported everyone else who is selling pressings on ebay, there must be over 1000 'reissues' on there at any given time, yet because I've got one nestling amongst 50 originals and because it's me, they think they are so clever. Bullied at school I bet. I think I've just about had it on here now.

Did`t see your original add Pete, how did they know it was a "reissue" & if someone has made a complaint ........ then aren`t you entitled to a name. If someone has "grassed" then there c**ts, dont let them force you into a reaction............ thats what they want

Garv.

Social source share

are you sure someone on here pete?

could ebay not just have seen it themselves as with p dog's funk lp??

I think that's a bit naieve Dan, what they suddenly spot one pressing and leave all the other hundreds up there? Especially one that looks like a pretty legit UK release.

Social source share

Pathetic and true Pete re. your disc . This kind of selling of repros etc is what I brought up in the repros / whos gets the money thread.

Someone blush.gif ( amongst many others INCLUDING Ebay themselves ) are making a nice little living out of selling bootlegs etc. Yet no-one , including liscensing authorities etc are doing anything about it. From all your threads I've seen ( and I dont know you ) you seem like an honest fella , yet get harranged for one 45.... the 1000 or so repros are all from a handful of regular sellers....

ATB

Rich

Social source share

I think that's a bit naieve Dan, what they suddenly spot one pressing and leave all the other hundreds up there? Especially one that looks like a pretty legit UK release.

Probb`s Fossy,Pete :P alegidly blush.gif

Social source share

Pathetic and true Pete re. your disc . This kind of selling of repros etc is what I brought up in the repros / whos gets the money thread.

Someone :shhh: ( amongst many others INCLUDING Ebay themselves ) are making a nice little living out of selling bootlegs etc. Yet no-one , including liscensing authorities etc are doing anything about it. From all your threads I've seen ( and I dont know you ) you seem like an honest fella , yet get harranged for one 45.... the 1000 or so repros are all from a handful of regular sellers....

ATB

Rich

Rich, I can guarantee you it won't be someone crusading for the rights of the artist but someone who is jealous of my good looks and personality and wants to cause me grief, 100% definite :) this site is full of 'em.

Social source share

Rich, I can guarantee you it won't be someone crusading for the rights of the artist but someone who is jealous of my good looks and personality and wants to cause me grief, 100% definite :) this site is full of 'em.
Dont think it`s just this site,Pete.......they`re everywere these day`s,rise above it Pete... :shhh:
Social source share

Dont think it`s just this site,Pete.......they`re everywere these day`s,rise above it Pete... :shhh:

Ken I'm not bothered about whats happened, what I am bothered about is the nasty, sneaky nature of it and the fact that someone got pleasure out of it, and of course they won't say who they are.

OK I'll forget it.

Social source share

yeh maybe, though it could be that the word bootleg sparks something off in their software. as you say this only opens the door to those more likely to try to do it surreptitiously.

Social source share

yeh maybe, though it could be that the word bootleg sparks something off in their software. as you say this only opens the door to those more likely to try to do it surreptitiously.

I think I used the word 'boot' - anyway, several bands release 'official bootlegs' so that filter wouldn't work?

Social source share

Pete, you know whether you are an honest seller or not so if someone is so small minded to do this then f***k them and don`t give them the satisfaction of letting it get to you.

Social source share

Pete, you know whether you are an honest seller or not so if someone is so small minded to do this then f***k them and don`t give them the satisfaction of letting it get to you.

I'd just like whoever did it to come on here and justify and then explain why he hasn't reported everyone else who is selling multiple bootlegs and why he chose mine, that's all...but yeah you're right, sod 'em

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Before we get to excited about BOOTS being sold on ebay, what's the difference in selling them out of a box at a soul night? unless someone actually states in the description it's a BOOT, how the hell is anyone with out our experience to know whether it's real or not, and even we get it wrong sometimes. If you list on ebay, always use 2nd issue / re-issue as long as you aren't trying to pass it off as an ORIGINAL does it matter. Before someone gets on their high horse about selling BOOTS, a lot of them have been around for 30 odd years and are collectable in their own right (OUT OF THE PAST 45's) and where most probably purchased originally by us guys when we didn't know a boot from an original. If the record is not a new release then regardless if it's an original or boot the only person who profits is the seller and that includes the Sales section on this forum. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Before we get to excited about BOOTS being sold on ebay, what's the difference in selling them out of a box at a soul night? unless someone actually states in the description it's a BOOT, how the hell is anyone with out our experience to know whether it's real or not, and even we get it wrong sometimes. If you list on ebay, always use 2nd issue / re-issue as long as you aren't trying to pass it off as an ORIGINAL does it matter. Before someone gets on their high horse about selling BOOTS, a lot of them have been around for 30 odd years and are collectable in their own right (OUT OF THE PAST 45's) and where most probably purchased originally by us guys when we didn't know a boot from an original. If the record is not a new release then regardless if it's an original or boot the only person who profits is the seller and that includes the Sales section on this forum. :thumbsup:

We await the high-horsemen of the apocalypse!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!