Guest CARL D profile photo

Spine-Tinglin' Soul

Guest CARL D profile photo
Posted

Mornin' all. Just been listenin to some classics that never fail to give you the spine-tingles! Eg-Montclairs-Hey You. Lou Johnson-Unsatisfied,Ruby-Feminine Ingenuity,You Baby(forgot singer),Jackie Wilsons voice (whatever he sings)!....and.....Howard Guyton-I Watched You Slowly Slip Away....PHEW! That string break is almost sexual! Since i was 1st blown away by it on a 'come-down-Sunday' at a Great Yarmouth w'ender(where i was also blown away by Chuck Jackson, et-al,the evenin before), it has never failed to affect. This has probably been highlighted countless times b4, but this is why we love this very special music! It's like an addictive but safe,unpoisonous drug-it gets you high,but you aint gonna die! Imagine life without it-dull,drab+downright depressing! We are VERY lucky, and total grateful respect to all the singers,musicians,composers,producers and, of course, djs+discoverers,who have worked so hard to create and bring us SOUL! Thankyou always! Carl D.

Share this forum post

soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Spine Tingling Record
    All About the SOUL by Pete S on Tue 28 Mar 2006
    • 58 / 2319
    • BigGordy on 04 Mar 2007
  2. Northern Soul Spine-tinglers - New Podcast
    All About the SOUL by Pete S on Thu 22 Feb 2007
    • 15 / 848
    • on 24 Feb 2007
  3. Northern Soul Spine-tinglers - New Podcast
    All About the SOUL by Pete S on Thu 22 Feb 2007
    • 14 / 1199
    • grumpyfella on 05 Mar 2007
  4. What's Your Favourite Soul 'spine-Tingler'?
    All About the SOUL by Guest CARL D on Mon 29 Apr 2013
    • 54 / 2885
    • Stevie T on 02 May 2013

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.