Guest Trevski

• Replies 33
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Stuart T

Nice one, could do with a copy of this, just a little bit less and one will be mine. Did anyone come to a conclusion as to whether these copies are real though?

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Nice one, could do with a copy of this, just a little bit less and one will be mine. Did anyone come to a conclusion as to whether these copies are real though?

Join the line, and keep repeating "It will be mine..oh yes.. it WILL be mine!" :shhh:

Likt to think they are real!...hard to say, easy label to copy. Anyone got one to compare matrix's etc?

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I was informed this guy has 50+ copies, I emailed him the first time and offered $500 for a copy, he replied saying he only had the one copy which was up for auction. I have since then emailed him everytime he has put one up (This is his 4th) and had no reply since his first reply, I think he doesn't want to speak to me. :shhh:

Social source share

I was informed this guy has 50+ copies, I emailed him the first time and offered $500 for a copy, he replied saying he only had the one copy which was up for auction. I have since then emailed him everytime he has put one up (This is his 4th) and had no reply since his first reply, I think he doesn't want to speak to me. :shhh:

Sure someone on here offered ten copies and I know other under bidders who were offered copies. I would say he has a 3 figure count but just a guess. Again, once they are gone the price will go up again :):) Do you take a chance???? :D

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Sure someone on here offered ten copies and I know other under bidders who were offered copies. I would say he has a 3 figure count but just a guess. Again, once they are gone the price will go up again :):shhh: Do you take a chance???? :)

How many Danny Wotsits turned up to get the price under £75? If its the same I suspect we can calmly sit back for a while if the quantities are there. Love this record but think I will see what happens.

Social source share

How many Danny Wotsits turned up to get the price under £75? If its the same I suspect we can calmly sit back for a while if the quantities are there. Love this record but think I will see what happens.

Don't think there's anything likew the quantity there was on Danny Moore (presume it's Moore your talking about). Don't think there's anything like the quantity of say the Prix stuff, not from what I've heard but who knows. Besides it'll be a long time yet before it's down to £75 if there is a large quantity.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Don't think there's anything likew the quantity there was on Danny Moore (presume it's Moore your talking about). Don't think there's anything like the quantity of say the Prix stuff, not from what I've heard but who knows. Besides it'll be a long time yet before it's down to £75 if there is a large quantity.

We need to identify a strike price then. Everyone prepared to hold out for £200? :shhh:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Good luck to you, know one or two others who were undecide at first and decided to take the plunge and get one while they can :shhh:

Was tempted but not confident to do so.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

it's a tuneless meandering racket so i'd wait till it comes down to about 50p :)

Some people have no taste. :shhh: I love a good tuneless meandering racket personally.

Social source share

Consider other records, for instance Ringleaders which numbers in it's 1000's quantiy wise and fetches a similiar sum the Clara Hardy fetched. Cashmere's must be 100's of these and one went for $2k on e-bay, Bill Bush similiar quantity and over $1k, Clara Hardy, "tuneless meandering racket" or not is still rare record even with 150 copies compared to the above, what ya gonna do Stuart :shhh:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Consider other records, for instance Ringleaders which numbers in it's 1000's quantiy wise and fetches a similiar sum the Clara Hardy fetched. Cashmere's must be 100's of these and one went for $2k on e-bay, Bill Bush similiar quantity and over $1k, Clara Hardy, "tuneless meandering racket" or not is still rare record even with 150 copies compared to the above, what ya gonna do Stuart :)

Bide my time, those others are all overpriced :shhh:

Social source share

Consider other records, for instance Ringleaders which numbers in it's 1000's quantiy wise and fetches a similiar sum the Clara Hardy fetched. Cashmere's must be 100's of these and one went for $2k on e-bay, Bill Bush similiar quantity and over $1k, Clara Hardy, "tuneless meandering racket" or not is still rare record even with 150 copies compared to the above, what ya gonna do Stuart :)

yeh but the fact that it's a tuneless meandering racket outweighs its rarity for me chalky :lol: . if it was down to one copy i'd still value it at 50p. can someone tell me what's good about it? :thumbsup: you can't dance to it, you can't listen to it. what's it good for? use as a frisbee? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Not you though Chalky coz you told me you never pay more than £20 for anything !! :lol:
that was like a new years resolution, didn't take long to break :thumbsup:

yeh but the fact that it's a tuneless meandering racket outweighs its rarity for me chalky :) . if it was down to one copy i'd still value it at 50p. can someone tell me what's good about it? :) you can't dance to it, you can't listen to it. what's it good for? use as a frisbee? :)

Usually fills the floor when played out :thumbsup: one mans meat an all that.... :D

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I'll buy when the bids starts dropping, remember Montclairs came down from $1500 down to $400 when the guy put one up every other week, only so many prepared to pay top price, after that price finds relistic value. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
and Montclairs back to around £700 now isn't it?
Yes it's back up, but for a while there were copies floating round at below £500, it's all to do with the timing. :thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Yes it's back up, but for a while there were copies floating round at below £500, it's all to do with the timing. :thumbsup:

Exactly right. Also making people believe it is not worth buying until it is time to swoop and clean 'em out. :thumbsup:

Is that a bad thing to do?

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
I agree,. Also doing your home work has a lot to do with it, said before the information is there, some just can't be arsed to go looking, just dive in :thumbsup:
I have to admit, been guilty of diving in the deep end myself, but sometimes the must have, and the opportunity are overriding factors. :thumbsup:
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Sure someone on here offered ten copies and I know other under bidders who were offered copies. I would say he has a 3 figure count but just a guess. Again, once they are gone the price will go up again beer.gif:lol: Do you take a chance???? :lol:

I bought a mint copy from this ebay seller for what I consider to be a reasonable price. Been there with the Montclairs a couple of years ago and taking a chance then paid off - whether Clara Hardy goes up or down I'm not that bothered because I bought it to play not as an investment laugh.gif can't see it going to £50 at any rate!

Anyway, according to the seller he had six copies in total - five mint and one he described as being in bad shape, he told me that he advertises in the local paper and that he came by the 6 copies from somebody responding to this ad. He said he was selling me the last mint copy. This is of course what he is telling me and only time will tell but thought I would share it with you.

How many copies the other seller has ( I'm talking about the guy from Hamtrack who put one through ebay ) is anybody's guess, but he hasn't listed any recently.

Personally I think if anything this 45 will be another Montclairs with limited availability rather than mega quantity....

You pays your money and takes your chance wink.gif

Mike B

Social source share

Can`t see it falling down to 50 UKP by any chance myself and do also second you on it being a really fine piece of Detroit Northern which one should buy (if able) to PLAY, but I really really doubt the story you have been told about an ad in a newspaper... :lol:

Note: I don`t doubt you have been told this story, I do only doubt wether this story is true. Thought I `d better make that clear wink.gif

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Can`t see it falling down to 50 UKP by any chance myself and do also second you on it being a really fine piece of Detroit Northern which one should buy (if able) to PLAY, but I really really doubt the story you have been told about an ad in a newspaper... :lol:

Note: I don`t doubt you have been told this story, I do only doubt wether this story is true. Thought I `d better make that clear beer.gif

Hi Marc - thats the reason for putting the sellers 'story' up on here - time will tell and if he offers more copies then it will be interesting what he says to other prospective buyers wink.gif

Mike :lol:

Social source share

That's what that seller told me, I quote "I have two copies left but one is in bad shape." that was on the 27th.

Mine only just came through Tony so perhaps it was around the same date I cut a deal with him - you could always email him now saying you are interested in a mint one and see what his reply is :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!