What Would Jesus Do?

Garethx

• Replies 53
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jesus would approach from a high plain, I'd see only his silhouette, then his shadow would fall upon me as he got ever near, within a second his eyes would look deep into mine...........His gaze would hold me for one brief moment........But then I'd notice in his hand a dirt ridden 45' vinyl record......through that filth I can make out the label "Okeh"....and the legend......Billy Butler........"The Right Track"

I turn on my heels and flee like a fiend twisted on cheap ether and mescaline.......screaming....."NEVERMORE, NEVERMORE"

Brett Franklin

Thats The Second Coming........

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I've been thinking about the "What Would Jesus Do" movement in the states and wondering how those principles might be applied to the soul scene.

If he were a collector would he stick to originals only, or buy the odd cheeky pressing of a sound he really liked. If he deejayed would he think it acceptable to play from CDs (for the right crowd)? If he were a promoter, what kind of do would he put on? The best in newies, thinking man's oldies, a bit of crossover and a smattering of R&B possibly? What would his views be on the subject of smoking at venues? And would he cast the record dealers out of the soul night/allnighter?

Your thoughts please...

He'd certainly have some problems finding 3 wise men on the soul scene....

Soul music to alot of purists is the devil's music anyway much in the smae way jazz and blues are....He was a bit of a rebel though.....

What makes me laugh about christians is how they cart these crosses around with them , if by some miracle Jesus came dow to earth the last thing the geezer is gonna want to see is a bleeding cross....

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Thats The Second Coming........

There are some djs / promoters on this scene who beleive they're on a higher plain already..... :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!