Just Bought Myself A Record

Pete S

which doesn't sound too unusual but I never buy northern records for myself, only to sell - as far as I know, I've got all my favourites so don't need any more. But I thought, if ever I see this one again, I'll buy it..lo and behold, it's on John Manship's site, part of Carl Willinghams collection, and would you believe it, it's the copy I actually sold to Carl 4 or so years ago...so here it is, a monster beat ballad which I'm sure you will all hate!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

which doesn't sound too unusual but I never buy northern records for myself, only to sell - as far as I know, I've got all my favourites so don't need any more. But I thought, if ever I see this one again, I'll buy it..lo and behold, it's on John Manship's site, part of Carl Willinghams collection, and would you believe it, it's the copy I actually sold to Carl 4 or so years ago...so here it is, a monster beat ballad which I'm sure you will all hate!!! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a cross between Jimmy Beaumont and Freddie Paris

Steve

Social source share

For the poor amongst us who have to rely on work PCs & have no sound etc ... what is it Pete?

Social source share

It's The Knickerbockers - Wishful Thinking - Challenge, you can always ring us if you need to hear it mate

Oh right I know it great record, Andy Faulkner (I think) played it out a couple of times to the appreciation of a few chin strokers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Pete ,got a mint- demo.Whats the going rate on it :thumbsup: Cheers Steve

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Do you mean on a black Challenge? According to my US discog, definitely. They value it at $15 :lol:

Frynn san had an issue a while back, which is perverse as he usually likes demos. As for Sebastian's comments :lol: this is the only track by the Knickerbockers that I like. I have a luvverly white demo, yum yum! I bought it from you.

Social source share

Frynn san had an issue a while back, which is perverse as he usually likes demos. As for Sebastian's comments :lol: this is the only track by the Knickerbockers that I like. I have a luvverly white demo, yum yum! I bought it from you.

Did you? How much?? I knew I'd had it twice!

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Did you? How much?? I knew I'd had it twice!

Can't remember for sure but pretty certain it was at least £100. Had been trying to get one after you either played it to me on the 'phone or put it on a tape. Must have been about 1998. Was hard to get at the time, still not that easy now is it? But seen a few go for not much on ebay and I think Frynn has found it in Japan. He has turned up some interesting stuff over there. He now sells stuff on cheap as well, but still keeps his cardboard sleeves!

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Jan 26 2006, 06:16 PM) link

hi pete

carl used to play it at the greatstone and ginger even covered it up, i love it sounds like a poor mans elvis.

mark

I sold it to Carl mate, but I first heard it when Ginger played it on Richards radio show

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!