Need A Bit Of Website Help Please

Pete S

I know this is in the wrong section but I can't find the technical section apart from the soul source one, so obviously moderators please move this as you see fit.

Could some kind soul update my website for me? All I need to do is replace the list of records up there with a big new list, that's all there is to it, except Maria used to do this for me and over time I have completely forgotten how to do it. The site is at www.raresoul.com

if someone could do this I will get the list ready and it would be really appreciated

You can pm me or email me at pete.smith@freeuk.com

cheers

pete

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ScooterNik

If you have access to the host all you need to do is open your original page(s) from the back up copies you have (hopefully...) in whatever HTML editor you use (I love Macromedia MX). Not the web page online but the one on our pc.

Copy the text from the source list and paste it into where it goes on the page, save as the same name, and then upload using either the inbuilt FTP software or something like FTP Pro, FTP Commander etc.

HTH

Social source share

Guys, I thank you for your help and I do know what you are talking about, and I have done this before; but it's like fractions - if someone gave me afraction sum to do I would end up in tears of frustration because I would not know how to do it, despite having been shown numerous times since I was about 10 years old. It's one of those situations where it's simple but you just can't get it. At one point I was even adding music to the site, but not any more...sad isn't it

Social source share

Could some kind soul update my website for me? All I need to do is replace the list of records up there with a big new list, that's all there is to it, except Maria used to do this for me and over time I have completely forgotten how to do it. The site is at www.raresoul.com

:P:lol::D

I'm a real sh*t for leaving this on the shelf long ago :D - been busy since I moved countries.

If you still want a hand, I can probably do some after next weekend...

Email me the ftp codes again if interested.

(will be handing over the Stow-A-Way Soul website sometime soon-ish, so might get bored :P )

m

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!