Modern Technology, Good Or Bad For The Soul Scene

So what do you think? Modern technology is it a help or a hindrance within the scene. Bearing in mind we are forever arguing about newies versus oldies, this venue or that venue, recently the downloading of sounds from various sites, are we creating or enhancing a split within our community. Do the positives outweigh the negatives. I enjoy debate, I enjoy knowing what's on, I enjoy knowing what SSr's I might get to meet at different venues but most of all I enjoy enjoying myself. I don't enjoy rude or divisive posts or opinions that leave no room for manouvre, I don't enjoy difinitive posts because they never are, but they're often written as such. In yesteryear this wouldn't have happened, ok we may have gone somewhere and not enjoyed every record played, but as long as we enjoyed part of the night we'd have been satisfied. The net IMO has changed that, because we are constantly reminded from various quarters what is and isn't the right direction, be that oldies or newies.

Overall whilst it's a fantastic communication medium, is/has the internet been more trouble than it's worth to the soul scene?

I must point out that I recognise without Mike's and others sites on the internet I wouldn't have a platform to ask this question or many others, so this is in no way an attack on SS, it's more a question of has it become easier to divide us through the internet.

Please put my mind at rest :thumbsup: I need to be able to sleep again :thumbsup:

Winnie:-)

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

So what do you think? Modern technology is it a help or a hindrance within the scene. Bearing in mind we are forever arguing about newies versus oldies, this venue or that venue, recently the downloading of sounds from various sites, are we creating or enhancing a split within our community. Do the positives outweigh the negatives. I enjoy debate, I enjoy knowing what's on, I enjoy knowing what SSr's I might get to meet at different venues but most of all I enjoy enjoying myself. I don't enjoy rude or divisive posts or opinions that leave no room for manouvre, I don't enjoy difinitive posts because they never are, but they're often written as such. In yesteryear this wouldn't have happened, ok we may have gone somewhere and not enjoyed every record played, but as long as we enjoyed part of the night we'd have been satisfied. The net IMO has changed that, because we are constantly reminded from various quarters what is and isn't the right direction, be that oldies or newies.

Overall whilst it's a fantastic communication medium, is/has the internet been more trouble than it's worth to the soul scene?

I must point out that I recognise without Mike's and others sites on the internet I wouldn't have a platform to ask this question or many others, so this is in no way an attack on SS, it's more a question of has it become easier to divide us through the internet.

Please put my mind at rest :thumbsup: I need to be able to sleep again :thumbsup:

I remember in the very early 80's, in the Fleet car park, you were a very cool~~~~ Still got the Croombie?

Social source share

Sleep easy mate it's a good thing.

We all agree we like soul music. We all agree it's nice to be nice.

Prejudice is opinion without judgment.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!