wendy

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi chaps. What's the deal with this record? A copy sold on ebay today for £107 but I thought it was worth nearer £500?

thanks in advance for help

Allway`s been £100,in my book or it would be if i had one....... :lol:
Social source share

Hi chaps. What's the deal with this record? A copy sold on ebay today for £107 but I thought it was worth nearer £500?

thanks in advance for help

It is a very hard original to locate and £500.00 i guess is a good ballpark start figure to work off, now either someone has a bargain here or the prices have finally dropped through the floor or is this a bootleg?originals green with blue script and the bootleg is green with black script, from what i understand pressings of this fantastic double header are not that common and it would not suprise me that someone would be prepared to pay £107.00 for one.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Seems like many must have missed this one incl myself (have bought too much lately anyway but...).. only 5 dif bidders

107 for an EX ( from Joe Dunlop isn´t it ? ) must be a real bargain . Fantastic track !

Forget my above comments re bootleg as if it's from Joe then no worries about that...someones got a bargain for sure.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

It is a very hard original to locate and £500.00 i guess is a good ballpark start figure to work off, now either someone has a bargain here or the prices have finally dropped through the floor or is this a bootleg?

* think people missed it me. this must still be very indemand or ?

originals green with blue script and the bootleg is green with black script, from what i understand pressings of this fantastic double header are not that common and it would not suprise me that someone would be prepared to pay £107.00 for one.

* Never heard the other side ?? Anyone has a soundfile pls ??

Social source share

Guest wrighty

It is a very hard original to locate and £500.00 i guess is a good ballpark start figure to work off, now either someone has a bargain here or the prices have finally dropped through the floor or is this a bootleg?

originals green with blue script and the bootleg is green with black script, from what i understand pressings of this fantastic double header are not that common and it would not suprise me that someone would be prepared to pay £107.00 for one.

this was joe's reply when i emailed him about the rufus woods earlier today...

"second pressing i presume, iv'e never had or seen an orig ian"

:lol:

Social source share

It is a very hard original to locate and £500.00 i guess is a good ballpark start figure to work off, now either someone has a bargain here or the prices have finally dropped through the floor or is this a bootleg?originals green with blue script and the bootleg is green with black script, from what i understand pressings of this fantastic double header are not that common and it would not suprise me that someone would be prepared to pay £107.00 for one.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Forget my above comments re bootleg as if it's from Joe then no worries about that...someones got a bargain for sure.

Mark Bicknell.

just put a search in the label scan showing green with black script

Mick

Social source share

Yeh the flip is called 'Ghettoville' a much more crunching uptempo proper R'n'B kind of track.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

just put a search in the label scan showing green with black script

Mick

Then if that's the case it's a pressing.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

this was joe's reply when i emailed him about the rufus woods earlier today...

"second pressing i presume, iv'e never had or seen an orig ian"

:lol:

Cheers Ian, well if Joe has never seen or had an original then it must be really hard to find...i got one only three or four years ago from a dealer in Sweden of all places, almost choked when he sent me a scan of it and a bargain at $250.00 USA dollars...again two great sides.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I had a pressing of this last year and when I advertised it I said it was the first one I'd seen since 1977! And it was. I stuck £30 on it. It was identical to the one that sold today.

Double conformation from a man who knows his onions and his records, still a hard second pressing to locate and this ebay sale confirms that.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Yeh the flip is called 'Ghettoville' a much more crunching uptempo proper R'n'B kind of track.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

* thanks for info. would love to hear it

* Good I missed it then :lol: orig wasn´t that on Manship auction quiet some time ago ?? what did that ended at ?? One of my abs. fav northern intros it is 2001 as well

Social source share

Double conformation from a man who knows his onions and his records, still a hard second pressing to locate and this ebay sale confirms that.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

hi mark

i looked at this on ebay and having bought a boot in the 70's the one on ebay was identical original is preety rare and seems to go for about £500. but it was a strange one as on first play in the 70's it did not get the time to go big as it was booted too quickly so was not as well known as it should have been.

mark

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

* thanks for info. would love to hear it

* Good I missed it then :lol: orig wasn´t that on Manship auction quiet some time ago ?? what did that ended at ?? One of my abs. fav northern intros it is 2001 as well

Well if a pressing can sell for over a ton then a first generation original must be mid hundreds as was stated at the top of this thread, personally i think it's a little more than that, perhaps a genuine big ticket item based on firstly it's quality, secondly two superb sides and thirdly it hardly ever comes up for sale or auction.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

got one only three or four years ago from a dealer in Sweden of all places,

* Strange, never heard this played out in Sweden or heard that anyone had it. Do you remember who ?

Yes......but i'm not telling you...lol however from what i understand this chap was much older and a collector with nothing to do with the Northern scene.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

oh and he's not contacted me since...lol

Social source share

I think we chatted about him when you were over here a bit back, seems he's not that well known, like i said i've not heard from him in ages...any wonder after Rufus Wood....lol

Mark Bicknell.

As you can see, I edited my post above. Only fair I guess. I don't think I've talked to you, haven't been in the UK for a good couple of years. He's a collector, has got loads and loads and loads of mostly M- soul 45s. I know him a bit and have bought a few pieces from him at decent but fair prices. He's a bit miffed about having let some pieces go slightly too cheap to UK collectors... He mentioned the Rufus Wood 45 once. But that's the game. Wouldn't mind that one myself at $250. :lol:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

As you can see, I edited my post above. Only fair I guess. I don't think I've talked to you, haven't been in the UK for a good couple of years. He's a collector, has got loads and loads and loads of mostly M- soul 45s. I know him a bit and have bought a few pieces from him at decent but fair prices. He's a bit miffed about having let some pieces go slightly too cheap to UK collectors... He mentioned the Rufus Wood 45 once. But that's the game. Wouldn't mind that one myself at $250. :lol:

Sebastian forgive me i think i'm confusing you with Christian really sorry, when this guy sent me a scan i said ok i'll have it, he asked me to make him an offer i did he accepted it...like you say all part of the game, i hope he's not too miffed at me personally, i would love to hook up with him again but i don't think he will sell me any records again...still i had a few nice things off him.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Both sides can be heard on Manships rarest of the rare. £600 now I believe, fantastic intro, but then very mediocre I.M.H.O. Just not that good, rarity over quality again me thinks.

Phil.

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Both sides can be heard on Manships rarest of the rare. £600 now I believe, fantastic intro, but then very mediocre I.M.H.O. Just not that good, rarity over quality again me thinks.

Phil.

Came across a boot last year for £40 as part of a deal on a few records that I was trading sold it 5 minutes later for £60, quick £20 on a boot happy man. whistling.gif
Social source share

OK thanks for info. Heard the name many times but never met the guy. Reason asking is that northern collectors aren´t that many here so was just surprised record came from this country . As Sebastian says , thats part of the game so no reason feeling guilty Mark. This was hardly played that much 4 year ago or so was it? prices changes quick in this business and not always easy to follow for either sellers or buyers (read Pat & the Blenders why didn´t I know that a few years ago whistling.gif )

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I feel this record is outdated now in much the same way of Prince "1999"....

The only record with any legs is Zagger & Evans " in the year 2525"

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!