Latimore;do It Now.....8ts Northern?

O.K here's Ed Summers 'I Can Tell' for your listening pleasure which incidentally has the same backing as Joe Anderson 'You And I'

It's the only thing I have access to at the moment coz' I'm at work 

Social source share

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest musicden786

Bored,so start a new(newie)thread!!,8ts northern ?,dont hear much about on here,so here one to start us off!!

Do It Now.mp3 ,northern if you ask me :yes: ,any body else got any 8ts stuff they think is 8ts northern,stick some up in me 8ts box.... :rolleyes: if theyre in anyway disco,i will remove them :rolleyes: .

Tonge in cheek,mr Latimore sings something for you Disco chick`s and dude`s...Discoed To Death.mp3 whistling.gif

:rolleyes:

Your right Ken. Eighties is beeing neglected.

One track I have played quite a lot on warm ups over the years is Gregory Abbott-I Got The Feeling Its Over.

It always gets questions. Gregory put this song together when he was working in London. Recorded it some time after that.

Are you going to include some of Ian Levines productions?

Denis.

Social source share

Bored,so start a new(newie)thread!!,8ts northern ?,dont hear much about on here,so here one to start us off!!

Do It Now.mp3 ,northern if you ask me :yes: ,any body else got any 8ts stuff they think is 8ts northern,stick some up in me 8ts box.... :rolleyes: if theyre in anyway disco,i will remove them :rolleyes: .

Tonge in cheek,mr Latimore sings something for you Disco chick`s and dude`s...Discoed To Death.mp3 whistling.gif

:rolleyes:

Great track Ken - label details ? Quite fancy a copy of this..

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Your right Ken. Eighties is beeing neglected.

One track I have played quite a lot on warm ups over the years is Gregory Abbott-I Got The Feeling Its Over.

It always gets questions. Gregory put this song together when he was working in London. Recorded it some time after that.

Are you going to include some of Ian Levines productions?

Denis.

If they`re good enough,i dont care who they are produced by,not got mp3 or file of mr Abbott then Denis?i was hoping some sourcer`s might post some 8ts stuff,but remember if its anyway disco it will get removed whistling.gif My thread my rule`s :rolleyes:
Social source share

Guest musicden786

If they`re good enough,i dont care who they are produced by,not got mp3 or file of mr Abbott then Denis?i was hoping some sourcer`s might post some 8ts stuff,but remember if its anyway disco it will get removed thumbsup.gif My thread my rule`s :rolleyes:

Okay Ken understand, 80s soul thread, no disco. Your in charge.

See if I can find an mp3 for Gregory Abbott over the weekend.

Denis.

Social source share

Okay Ken understand, 80s soul thread, no disco. Your in charge.

See if I can find an mp3 for Gregory Abbott over the weekend.

Denis.

Top order Denis......i`ll find something else,in the mean time...... thumbsup.gif
Social source share

ken said:

Do It Now.mp3 ,northern if you ask me  ,any body else got any 8ts stuff they think is 8ts northern,stick some up in me 8ts box....  if theyre in anyway disco,i will remove them  .

Tonge in cheek,mr Latimore sings something for you Disco chick`s and dude`s...Discoed To Death.mp3 

two more for you sourcer`s...... You Blew It.mp3the world famous Mad lads,Express records 7". And....Love S On Command.mp3Grey`s & Hank`s,RCA 7" uk demo..... 

Social source share

Guest musicden786

two more for you sourcer`s...... You Blew It.mp3the world famous Mad lads,Express records 7". And....Love S On Command.mp3Grey`s & Hank`s,RCA 7" uk demo..... :thumbsup:

Thats very interesting.

One Grey and Hanks track is very popular in parts of the USA at the moment.They turned out some first class soul music on the B side of several disco 12 inchers.The record company withdrew most of these issues for one reason or another. The 12 inchers in question have a big red sticker on the front.

Im away from my record collection at the moment and cannot remember the name of the track but will have a look when I get home.

Hope this adds to the thread.

Denis.

Social source share

Classic
;Walter Jackson,Kelliarts 7" :good:

Great record! Also got a UK release on Bluebird?

Plenty of 8t's indie soul 45's for the northern scene to go at if you ask me.

Oscar Perry, Jessie James, Bobby Jonz, Charles Beverly, Miss Louistine, Lady Bianca, Barbara Carr, Lou Ragland, Mavis Staples, Expo, Gifted Four, Mary Love.

To name but 12

Nice thread cock!
:thumbsup:

Social source share

Good thread !!! Pete Smith will love it !!!

Listen To Your Heart George Mc Crae

Angel David Sea

Music of Passion Percy Larkins

What Gives You The Right Tommy Tate

How Can I Help But Love You Don Thomas

Love Test Mel Carter

Where Is Love J Blackfoot

Can anyone post please an MP 3 of Arnold McCuller "Freeway To Monterey" ?

Social source share

Good thread !!! Pete Smith will love it !!!

Listen To Your Heart George Mc Crae

Angel David Sea

Music of Passion Percy Larkins

What Gives You The Right Tommy Tate

How Can I Help But Love You Don Thomas

Love Test Mel Carter

Where Is Love J Blackfoot

Can anyone post please an MP 3 of Arnold McCuller "Freeway To Monterey" ?

Would be nice,for some one else to have a bash at posting a tune or two,if it make`s you feel better,i`ll post one after whoever?,but remember if it`s disco it will get turfed out by its disco ear.my thread my rule`s,got a few of these,well most of em`......... :ohmy:

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest musicden786

Thats very interesting.

One Grey and Hanks track is very popular in parts of the USA at the moment.They turned out some first class soul music on the B side of several disco 12 inchers.The record company withdrew most of these issues for one reason or another. The 12 inchers in question have a big red sticker on the front.

Im away from my record collection at the moment and cannot remember the name of the track but will have a look when I get home.

Hope this adds to the thread.

Denis.

Ken.

Cant find a file for Gregory Abbot but the details are, 7inch CBS- ABB2 1986, I Got A Feeling Its Over, taken from the LP Shake You Down CBS 450061-1986.

Latimore is featured in the January News Letter put together by Bob Davies on the Soul Patrol web site.

Having looked a little closer, the Grey and Hanks track I mentioned, was first recorded in the seventies and re-issued on a compilation LP in the eighties. So, this is not eighties music. Sorry about that.

Anyway the details are, Grey and Hanks, How Can You Live Without Love, on RCA LP You Fooled Me, AFL1-3069 1978. Cant find a file for this one either.

Some very good music in the other posts.

Great thread keep it going.

Denis.

Social source share

Love Grey & Hank's music...."You fooled me " "Now I'm fine"..CLASSIC'S!!!!

Wrote an awful lot of great song's for other artist's too. :yes:

RESPECT!!

Ay-up Shrewe`s,you fine?.......time to bob a few more up...joe simon;posse records,

otis clay;echo,

tommy tate;sundance.

omni;fountain.

true image.

:P

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Would be nice,for some one else to have a bash at posting a tune or two,if it make`s you feel better,i`ll post one after whoever?,but remember if it`s disco it will get turfed out by its disco ear.my thread my rule`s,got a few of these,well most of em`......... :D

:yes:

I have real problems posting stuff mate so I have given up :P Quality thread though skinny :P

Social source share

Ken, thanks for your posts-some nice trax-in the Modern Room, I like the faster trax.....Byron Stingily's not Toooooo bad.... cool.gif
Bob a few in later maybe.... thumbsup.gif
Social source share

Hi Ken here's the track list of a CD I compiled last year.

Val we either have very similar record collections or you are making your cd's in my flat (no on second thoughts I have all the same cheapies as you, I just don't have the same rarities as you do!!)

Burn one up for me and bring it along, I havent heard the exportations and want ed summers on cd and I will throw in a couple of 80's boogie cd's I did for on here, a bit more electro, okay a lot more electro, based than above I should warn you but you can try them and see.

Thats 7 and counting, see I eventually come good!!

Cheers

Jock

See you

Social source share

O.K here's Ed Summers 'I Can Tell' for your listening pleasure which incidentally has the same backing as Joe Anderson 'You And I'

It's the only thing I have access to at the moment coz' I'm at work :lol:

Nice one Chunky, thumbsup.gif
Social source share

Val we either have very similar record collections or you are making your cd's in my flat (no on second thoughts I have all the same cheapies as you, I just don't have the same rarities as you do!!)

Burn one up for me and bring it along, I havent heard the exportations and want ed summers on cd and I will throw in a couple of 80's boogie cd's I did for on here, a bit more electro, okay a lot more electro, based than above I should warn you but you can try them and see.

Thats 7 and counting, see I eventually come good!!

Cheers

Jock

See you

Good luck Jock

I m still waiting for cd s !!!!!!!

trina

x

Ps I ll have a go at posting Arnold- freeway

Btw I think I ve got the album twice if you want one

Social source share

:lol: ............ :thumbsup:

Sorry sugar I will do you some..... Jock do you think she might like some Kitty Winter? ph34r.gif

Not if she has got any taste she won't, nobody but you and Kittys mother would like that pile of dog poo,

Hope you are impressed, just in from a 14 hour turn at work and finishing your last cd!! You are definitely going to have keep me in the Elaine and Natalie free zone, and if you grass me up I will blame you for saying it, you know they always believe me!!

CANT FUCKING WAIT!!

Gnight

Jock

Social source share

Guest realsoulfan

It's the only thing I have access to at the moment coz' I'm at work :thumbsup:

Nice thread lads some good tunes ! If there was a part 2 to you and i that would be it, beautifull record yes.gif
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Love Grey & Hank's music...."You fooled me " "Now I'm fine"..CLASSIC'S!!!!

Wrote an awful lot of great song's for other artist's too. :lol:

RESPECT!!

"loves in command" is the flip of "now i'm fine" - great double-sider :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!