Tubbs

• Replies 24
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just got a copy of Sandra Wright Midnight affair on Truth through the post today. it's on red truth label haven't seen one on red label before anyone else got one ?

Tubbs

just over a year ago, red ones started appearing on eBay. Probably saw 10 or so (had it on "watch" for a couple of years, so a bit of a shock) and they still show up now as I renew most watches.

Not seen so many of the other ones really, not that I tend to look at decks here :lol:

m

Social source share

came out at the same time in cd format,obviously long deleted,still got my vinyl copy,stunning sleeve notes about the heartbreak of trying to get a recording contract

Mick

Briliant LP that beats Big Don's Rebellion hands down.

Social source share

As far as I am aware they are all on the 'red' Truth label..... mine is.

No not all of them. I sold one a few years back which wasn't a red one.

Derek

Social source share

Thanks for the info Mick.......have you seen the CD for sale anywhere....what should i expect to pay.....?
it was a mate,who found it purely by chance in the reduced stock at the old goldmine shop in manchester,this was mid-nineties,not sure what you'd have to pay though,maybe try crazybeat or soulbrother

Mick

Social source share

Thanks for the info Mick.......have you seen the CD for sale anywhere....what should i expect to pay.....?

I found the CD by chance 3 or 4 years back and don't recall seeing another. Seriously much harder to find than the vinyl - although likely to be cheaper !!!! I've got both by the way :ohmy:

Girf

Social source share

As far as I am aware they are all on the 'red' Truth label..... mine is.

so is mine, but another completely different label design exists - seen it, hugged it. It has the more 70's look font of the label, coloured orange or tan from what I recall.

Had the album for years, a very kind discount copy from an old friend. Sadly I haven't unpacked the dozen or so favourite LP's I brought over yet, should do when I settle somewhere properly :yes: . Been missing the title track and "I'll Come Running Back" at home :P - nice enough to play the whole thing through.

Think I recall seeing an email somewhere that Sandra had started up her own website, or is that a weekend ...ender dream?

m

Social source share

Think I recall seeing an email somewhere that Sandra had started up her own website, or is that a weekend ...ender dream?

m

try here www.sandrawrightband.com

Trev

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I found the CD by chance 3 or 4 years back and don't recall seeing another. Seriously much harder to find than the vinyl - although likely to be cheaper !!!! I've got both by the way :yes:

Girf

NER,NER NER,NER NER! IS THAT ONE TO KEEP IN MINT COND AND THE OTHER TO USE AS A POXY FRISBEE!

SERIOUSLY, ITS GOT TO BE A CONTENDER FOR ALL TIME GREATEST LP HASN`T IT? BY THE WAY,MY "MIDIGHT AFFAIR" IS ON THE BROWNISH `TRUTH` LABEL. I SOLD ALL THE SPARES I HAD,[ABOUT 5 OR 6] , FOR £25 EACH PROBABLY A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO NOW.NEVER REALLY APPRECIATED JUST HOW HARD TO FIND IT IS.DEFINATELY A TOUGH ONE!MY FAVE THOUGH IS "A MAN CANT BE A MAN" BY HER .AMAZING. IVOR

Social source share

NER,NER NER,NER NER! IS THAT ONE TO KEEP IN MINT COND AND THE OTHER TO USE AS A POXY FRISBEE!

SERIOUSLY, ITS GOT TO BE A CONTENDER FOR ALL TIME GREATEST LP HASN`T IT? BY THE WAY,MY "MIDIGHT AFFAIR" IS ON THE BROWNISH `TRUTH` LABEL. I SOLD ALL THE SPARES I HAD,[ABOUT 5 OR 6] , FOR £25 EACH PROBABLY A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO NOW.NEVER REALLY APPRECIATED JUST HOW HARD TO FIND IT IS.DEFINATELY A TOUGH ONE!MY FAVE THOUGH IS "A MAN CANT BE A MAN" BY HER .AMAZING. IVOR

can't remember off hand the rare version that was played out of "a man can't be a man" male vocal,but found a half decent version by james +bobby purify on casablanca,mines a bit of a rough copy wouldn't mind a clean copy

Mick

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Would that be Bill Coday's version on Epic ???

Girf

Has to be mate ! The only version IMVHO.

Ivor

Same as, picked up 5 copys last trip to the U.S all unloaded at 25s. Didnt know it was so tuff ! Still they are only worth what you sell them for :yes:

Social source share

Thanks Trev :yes: ! What a shame she didn't record more with that glorious voice of hers. Also noticed there's more on the CD for those interested there too - just >>CLICK HERE<<

m

Going back some years now when Andy Love used to do a mag called "Love music review" (excellent mag by the way but dont know what happened to it) Steve Plumb did a great article on this album with all the sleeve notes etc. Cant remember which issue it was in off hand though.

Trev

Edited by Coxy
Social source share

Has to be mate ! The only version IMVHO.

Ivor

Same as, picked up 5 copys last trip to the U.S all unloaded at 25s. Didnt know it was so tuff ! Still they are only worth what you sell them for :yes:

You can of course get both versions (Sandra`s & Bill`s) on Grapevine 45 for around about £10 :P

Trev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!