Ebay Legal Niceties

Guest chorleybloke

Guest chorleybloke

Have any of you eBay hawks out there noticed some sellers who claim to be blissfully ignorant about the collection they're selling? Latest one is a bloke called "zasker0" who says...."I have decided to sell my soul collection,which i have owned for almost thirty years.I don't own a record player so have not been able to play them,but they have been in storage for years and have hardley ever been played so should be in good condition.I would not have a clue how to grade them anyway.I also don't know what is original,reissues or boots,but will only be too pleased to answer any questions."

...yet he gets 51 quid for an Yvonne Baker boot and 94 quid for a Velvet Satins boot. When or if challenged he can point to his meticulously worded sales pitch and be immune from any wrongdoing.

Or is it me just being way too cynical & he really might not know that his collection is 95% bootleg/reissue.

Cheers..............Pete Down Under :thumbsup:

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest trojan skin

Have any of you eBay hawks out there noticed some sellers who claim to be blissfully ignorant about the collection they're selling? Latest one is a bloke called "zasker0" who says...."I have decided to sell my soul collection,which i have owned for almost thirty years.I don't own a record player so have not been able to play them,but they have been in storage for years and have hardley ever been played so should be in good condition.I would not have a clue how to grade them anyway.I also don't know what is original,reissues or boots,but will only be too pleased to answer any questions."

...yet he gets 51 quid for an Yvonne Baker boot and 94 quid for a Velvet Satins boot. When or if challenged he can point to his meticulously worded sales pitch and be immune from any wrongdoing.

Or is it me just being way too cynical & he really might not know that his collection is 95% bootleg/reissue.

Cheers..............Pete Down Under :thumbsup:

I got an epitome of sound you dont love for £15 similar type of wording in the right up turned out to be a real one
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Cheers..............Pete Down Under :lol: Pete, can't see what you're getting worked up about he's not saying they are ORIGINAL, if people want to bid without checking first, then surely that's up to them. I would have thought that a real Yvonne Baker would have attracted a lot more attention and much higher price, so if someone wants to pay sillyprice for a boot/re-issue it's down to them and if it's one or more of them then of course the price is going to go silly. :lol::thumbsup:

Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Yes,did notice the pre amble from this guy,had to chuckle really,talk about Arthur Daley or what,tend to steer clear from jokers!mind you been thru a few dealer's boxes out and about,you know the ones with ORIGINALS on the front ha ha,should have been in an old Doc Marten's box!

Have to apologise to this seller who has contacted me & I'm now convinced is genuine and is answering all questions honestly. Didn't seem to stop some folk paying mental prices though.

Cheers...........Pete unsure.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!