Martin Freeman - Motown Compilation

Guest ShaneH

Martin Freeman (Tim from comedy show 'The Office') has recently compiled his fave Motown tracks for the 'made to measure' cd series.

Not particulary rare or groundbreaking in selection but interesting all the same. I wonder if many more celebs will be going thru the Motown vaults?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...5588505-8920751

Track Listings

1. I Want You Back - Jackson Five

2. No Matter What Sign You Are - Supremes (1)

3. You Made Me So Very Happy - Holloway, Brenda

4. Night - Valli, Frankie & The Four Seasons

5. Ooh Ooh Baby - Miracles

6. Bells - Originals (1)

7. Please Stay (Don't Go Away) - Gaye, Marvin

8. Ball Of Confusion - Temptations (1)

9. I Feel Sanctified - Commodores

10. Sugar - Wonder, Stevie

11. Hunter Gets Captured By The Game - Marvelettes

12. From Head To Toe - Clark, Chris (1)

13. Never Can Say Goodbye - Jackson Five

14. Trouble Man - Gaye, Marvin

15. Still Waters (Love) - Four Tops

16. It's A Shame - Detroit Spinners

17. Bad Weather - Supremes (1)

18. SOS Stop Her On Sight - Starr, Edwin

19. Tears Of A Clown - Miracles

20. To Know You Is To Love You - Syreeta

Shane

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Martin Freeman (Tim from comedy show 'The Office') has recently compiled his fave Motown tracks for the 'made to measure' cd series.

Not particulary rare or groundbreaking in selection but interesting all the same. I wonder if many more celebs will be going thru the Motown vaults?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...5588505-8920751

Track Listings

1. I Want You Back - Jackson Five

2. No Matter What Sign You Are - Supremes (1)

3. You Made Me So Very Happy - Holloway, Brenda

4. Night - Valli, Frankie & The Four Seasons

5. Ooh Ooh Baby - Miracles

6. Bells - Originals (1)

7. Please Stay (Don't Go Away) - Gaye, Marvin

8. Ball Of Confusion - Temptations (1)

9. I Feel Sanctified - Commodores

10. Sugar - Wonder, Stevie

11. Hunter Gets Captured By The Game - Marvelettes

12. From Head To Toe - Clark, Chris (1)

13. Never Can Say Goodbye - Jackson Five

14. Trouble Man - Gaye, Marvin

15. Still Waters (Love) - Four Tops

16. It's A Shame - Detroit Spinners

17. Bad Weather - Supremes (1)

18. SOS Stop Her On Sight - Starr, Edwin

19. Tears Of A Clown - Miracles

20. To Know You Is To Love You - Syreeta

Shane

a very up n down choice indeed shane :thumbsup:

i wonder if he dances to them like his office boss :lol:

russ

Social source share

The publicity sheet that came with promos of the album says -

"Motown Made To Measure" is a new series of compilations that will highlight the very special relationship people have with the Motown label..... by inviting a select group of actors, musicains and DJ's to select their favourite tracks"

Social source share

The publicity sheet that came with promos of the album says -

"Motown Made To Measure" is a new series of compilations that will highlight the very special relationship people have with the Motown label..... by inviting a select group of actors, musicains and DJ's to select their favourite tracks"

Celebrity CDs,now?,is there anybody who aint one.....fukc your celeb`s,if they`re celeb`s why do they need to do this,if i was one which i`m not :thumbsup: ,i wouldnt do this,too much like work..... :lol:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

George Shalloway is the next "celeb" to compile apparently :thumbsup:

I'm all for celebrities compiling albums it is always interesting to find out what "floats their boats"......

I remember the esteemed actor Tim Robbins performing live on stage with Billy Bragg in a Woody Guthrie tribute as well as releasing a cd of his fave Guthrie tracks.....

The Miracles track selcted is one of the most lovely impassioned soul records you could ever wish to hear....

Social source share

Will Motown stop at nothing to re package the tried and tested, well known oldies and re sell them to a gullible public? Don't believe the bullshit. Most of these tracks are on cheap cds available at your local supermarket. And who the hell is Freeman, and perhaps more importantly...who cares?

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Will Motown stop at nothing to re package the tried and tested, well known oldies and re sell them to a gullible public? Don't believe the bullshit. Most of these tracks are on cheap cds available at your local supermarket. And who the hell is Freeman, and perhaps more importantly...who cares?

He's an actor from the Office and who has recently appeared int he film adaptation of the "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" ...if that helps :thumbsup:

Social source share

He's an actor from the Office and who has recently appeared int he film adaptation of the "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" ...if that helps :lol:
He want`s to fukc off back to the office then..... :lol: maybe have celeb` office,he wouldnt like it if a real"celeb"took his job :thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Bless his little cotton socks (actually they're probably 'cotton rich' with 10% lycra).

He put his name to some suits for M&S too. Suits = Mod. Motown = Mod. Crap suits and crap compilation = crap cynical cash in.

He'll be on a Vespa moped advert soon.

All that money and not a covered button to his name. It's a sin!

:angry:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Looks like another attempt to shift Motown tunes this time with people recognised by the General public heading it up, these type of things normally come out at Christmas don't they?, times must be bad. Public at fault for following like sheep. It would be fairly interesting to hear their selection on something like radio 2, but spare the hype with the CD. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!