IsmaelG

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Anybody has a scan of the cover of "Just a man" lp?

Mine is a Jamaican copy from 1979 and probably with different cover.

I read that this album was edited later,maybe in 1980-81.

Sadly I haven't a Scanner.

Thanks in advance

I've had two Jamaican copys of this. Both had the same cover. A dark cover with white stars and strange shapes.Sorry, can't scan at this moment. I did see one on ebay with the man himself on the front cover.Both are on the "Joe Gibbs" label, "Do this world a favour" also came out in the 90s on an album on "Rocky one".

Is your album pressed slightly off center ? I was told they are all like this.

Another album worth looking out for is "Soul Reggae" on Water Lily from 1976.

Tomo

Social source share

Yes,my copy is the one with stars.The different cover is the Usa release??

And yes the vinyl is off-center,I have repaired it with a file.

Thanks

I've had two Jamaican copys of this. Both had the same cover. A dark cover with white stars and strange shapes.Sorry, can't scan at this moment. I did see one on ebay with the man himself on the front cover.Both are on the "Joe Gibbs" label, "Do this world a favour" also came out in the 90s on an album on "Rocky one".

Tomo

Social source share

Tomo

There's some quality JA soul singles he did prior to Soul Reggae. Also, the original is on the gold (come ca) Water Lily label (not the rainbow colored repress).

bereshammond_soulreggaeLPlabel.JPG

I got a minty one if anyone's down.

K in Canada.

Edited by soufriere1
Social source share

There's some quality JA soul singles he did prior to Soul Reggae. Also, the original is on the gold (come ca) Water Lily label (not the rainbow colored repress).

I got a minty one if anyone's down.

K in Canada.

Can some kind soul confirm for once and for all that 'Do this world a favour' & 'Don't wait too long' are LP only tracks????????????? and end this myth (or not as the case may be) of them (particularly DTWAF) being available on 45?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Can some kind soul confirm for once and for all that 'Do this world a favour' & 'Don't wait too long' are LP only tracks????????????? and end this myth (or not as the case may be) of them (particularly DTWAF) being available on 45?

Cheers

Steve

I have a HErman Chin Loy/Aquarius blank of "Don't Wait..." sitting around here. NEver heard of or seen "Do This..." on 45 and I know a sound guy that was getting everything Aquarius put out at that time. Doubt it exists....I just called him and he says he highly doubts it, too.

K.

Social source share

I have a HErman Chin Loy/Aquarius blank of "Don't Wait..." sitting around here. NEver heard of or seen "Do This..." on 45 and I know a sound guy that was getting everything Aquarius put out at that time. Doubt it exists....I just called him and he says he highly doubts it, too.

K.

Hi Kev

Thanks for that.

The 'blank' is an acetate 45 then?

Did it get released or demo'd on 45 at all?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hi Kev

Thanks for that.

The 'blank' is an acetate 45 then?

Did it get released or demo'd on 45 at all?

Cheers

Steve

No, it's a vinyl. In Jamaica things often got released on blanks first, then tested at the soundsystems, then pressed if impressive. It's got the Aquarius label on it, just no name or artist. A "pre" as some call it.

Kevin in Canada.

Social source share

No, it's a vinyl. In Jamaica things often got released on blanks first, then tested at the soundsystems, then pressed if impressive. It's got the Aquarius label on it, just no name or artist. A "pre" as some call it.

Kevin in Canada.

Sounds a bit tasty that does :)

Assuming it's a test pressing type thing, there can't be many of them around eh?

Nice find whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!