Big Dons Rebelion In Sales

Guest Baz

All ex+ label, vinyl great too.

Will take offers on any of them.

5. Big Don's Rebellion - It Was True - Ethon (£250). Atmospheric nighter sound.

PMs or emails please to dancollins@tiscali.co.uk.

Dan

You locked the thread up Dan :thumbsup: its a steal at this price :lol: Is it the Maroon or the yellow lable not sure which one is rarer, got the Maroon one but only really seen the yellow lables? any help, Any way a bloody brilliant record, shame it doesnt get more action :lol:

Edited by Baz
Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sorry to be negative, but absolute poo in my humble opinion, and sounds like I'm not alone by what you say. Deffo not soul to me and not a dancer either. yuk!

Nah you just need your ears washing out :thumbsup: Joke BTW :lol: brilliant soul record :lol:

Social source share

Tremendous record and while not a steal at that price, I reckon 250 is about spot on...

I know its the supply demand thing only what some one is willing to pay ect, and there aint much demand on it :thumbsup: but it took me some searching to find one, it is a rare record and if I was still after it i would snap it up at that price :lol:

Social source share

I know its the supply demand thing only what some one is willing to pay ect, and there aint much demand on it :thumbsup: but it took me some searching to find one, it is a rare record and if I was still after it i would snap it up at that price :lol:

So would I if I had a spare £250.... sob :lol:

Social source share

Sorry to be negative, but absolute poo in my humble opinion, and sounds like I'm not alone by what you say. Deffo not soul to me and not a dancer either. yuk!

You don't have to be sorry for anything, but i am beginning to see why you changed your night so it didn't clash with Soul or Nothing.........i know you left the scene for an age Quinvy.........but just what do you like ?.......

Social source share

Quinvy, the glory days of up tempo went some while back, mid-tempo was a big deal in the mid -80's.....nowadays anything goes........just my opinion.............but i always attended a do every year from the early 80's.

Social source share

I agree with you. Odd, but certainly not tremendous or soul.

Social source share

You locked the thread up Dan :lol: its a steal at this price :yes: Is it the Maroon or the yellow lable not sure which one is rarer, got the Maroon one but only really seen the yellow lables? any help, Any way a bloody brilliant record, shame it doesnt get more action :D

Thought this got too much action whistling.gif Seen it on plenty enough play-lists last few years. But then again I got sick of hearing it in the 80's :yes: Not a bad record though.

Social source share

You don't have to be sorry for anything, but i am beginning to see why you changed your night so it didn't clash with Soul or Nothing.........i know you left the scene for an age Quinvy.........but just what do you like ?.......

Brett, I'm entitled to my own opinion, as of course are you. What my opinion has to do with my night I really don't know. I have tried to avoid clashing with all nights that have an upfront music policy. Plus I enjoy S.O.N. and would like to support Mr.Cato and my good friends who dj there. So you really should try and curb your temper. And I love mid tempo by the way, and I only make comments on a night when I've actually been to it. I'm afraid that I'm not going to say something is great just because you like it. We are all different, thank god.

Phil.

Social source share

Brett, I'm entitled to my own opinion, as of course are you. What my opinion has to do with my night I really don't know. I have tried to avoid clashing with all nights that have an upfront music policy. Plus I enjoy S.O.N. and would like to support Mr.Cato and my good friends who dj there. So you really should try and curb your temper. And I love mid tempo by the way, and I only make comments on a night when I've actually been to it. I'm afraid that I'm not going to say something is great just because you like it. We are all different, thank god.

Phil.

Phil of course you are entitled to your opinion, but you chose to be disparaging to the 45' mentioned, then all of a sudden because you had a negative response to your post you become defensive !!!!! This is a Forum afterall and debate is one of the key characteristics, i could care less if you liked Big Don's Rebellion or not, but you seemed to care enough to post a response.....

Social source share

Phil of course you are entitled to your opinion, but you chose to be disparaging to the 45' mentioned, then all of a sudden because you had a negative response to your post you become defensive !!!!! This is a Forum afterall and debate is one of the key characteristics, i could care less if you liked Big Don's Rebellion or not, but you seemed to care enough to post a response.....

My comments were not made to a post by you, and they were light hearted. Yours on the other hand were not. I made a comment, based on an opinion of something that I have heard many times. You made a comment about a night that you have never attended. If you can't be civil in your opinions you should not be on here. And you have just contradicted yourself there. YOU must have cared less or you would not have replied to my post.

Phil.

Social source share

My comments were not made to a post by you, and they were light hearted. Yours on the other hand were not. I made a comment, based on an opinion of something that I have heard many times. You made a comment about a night that you have never attended. If you can't be civil in your opinions you should not be on here. And you have just contradicted yourself there. YOU must have cared less or you would not have replied to my post.

Phil.

Me and Phil have Pm'd and i'm glad to say we have closed the matter, all a bit trivial really.

looking forward to a beer Phil see you next week.

Brett whistling.gif

Edited by Brett
Social source share

as the seller just thought i'd say thanks for all posts (and interest).

i think 250 is about right, have seen it go for more and less but as i said on the post was open to offers on it as on all of them. had a lot of interest actually, mostly people offering a lot less, and am currently holding it for someone.

i think it's a great record personally.

baz, it's the yellow one and i locked the topic because it was just an ad really.

also, had a PM saying i was way OTT on the AC Reed (i sold it at a bit less than offered) so sorry about that. not trying to rip people off, a genuine finger-in-the-air price.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!