Swinging Time - Us Tv Show?

Dave Moore

In Keith Rylatts book Groovesille USA, he mentions a Pied Piper Special on the locally produced 60s TV Show - Swinging Time".

Has anyone ever seen the episode of this show in any format? It's supposed to have performances by The Metros, Cavaliers, Willie Kendricks, Michael and Raymond etc.

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

There's a few shows posted on Youtube. None of them seem to be the show in question. I don't know how many of the shows (a weekly show that ran for a few years) survives. Sounds like a question for the Soulful Detroit forum as the show was produced there. I don't think it was syndicated/broadcast on other stations.

Edited by George G
Social source share

There's lots of provenance about the show series itself but has anyone ever heard of "The Pied Piper Special"?

The company/site that control the shows copyright and lease material won't answer enquiries from 'fans' so I can't even get a yes or no fro them.

Be great if this footage did exist.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

The producers of the show were selling DVDs of the show a few years ago. There are a bunch of things from that show on the internet -- for example, the CODs "michael the lover" clip is from swinging time, if you want to see what the set looked like. I think not on youtube but I have a DVD with Marvin Smith on the show singing "Time Stopped" and a performance of Jerry-O by himself for some reason doing a Tom and Jerry-O cut.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert