Mr Peter Gent

Kev Moore

Sorry Mike if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't find what was the old members shouts thread. If so please could you please place it in the correct location.

Here's a man with many many aquaintances and many many friends round and about and many of you will be aware of Pete's current circumstances. I,for one, am missing his cheeky little face round and about at the moment and it might be a while yet before he's ducking and diving and singing and dancing with us again. Pete has let it be known to me that he sooooo appreciates the lovely letters he's recieved during this time and would like to pass on those good thoughts.

I'd like to wish him a speedy return to normality and I thought maybe some of you would also. He's in transition at the moment so not sure where to send lwtters and good wishes at the moment.

Pete's had some bad news lately and could do with all the support he can get. So if you fancy sending him a message I know he'll see it here. Sorry again Mike if its in the wrong place. I apologize!

Thinking about you constantly Pete. Chin up. You're not alone mate.

Pete you gave me some very good advice recently which has really helped...I'll leave it with this lovely song written by Dave Porter. See you soon Pete. ATB Kev... https://youtu.be/zH2ZmdIflrw.

Social source share

top man is pete.

if reading this pete,chin up mate...sorry to hear whats been happening.

im sure you''ll be fine...come on pete,you shared many a chalet's in cleethorpes weekenders with us mad jocks.if you can cope with that,you can cope with anything,lol.

will never forget when you saved the day for me & ian...100club canclled & we had flights booked.you picked us up from airport & welcomed us into your home.took us along to the ritz soul night & dropped us @ airport next day.was a wild weekend,lol.

remember playing pool @ fleetwood weekender,you went 2 games up.you gave me a hard time for not making a game of it.ill just remind you i won the next 3 games,lol.

thinking of you mate.

atb steve,aberdeen(now in dundee)

ps if you get a stable address,let me know @ will knock up a few cd's for ya.

Edited by sepia
Social source share

Aye up Pete,

......I won't write too much - You know why :D

Always thinking of you - Try as I might, but I just can't shake you from my memory! :rofl:

See ya soon mate.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Funny you should put this Len but I can't shake him from my memory either.... :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Actually it is very apt that Kev has started this thread as it was Pete's birthday yesterday....

Unfortunately I haven't been very good on the old correspondance side due to work pessures and committments but I do often think of Pete with great fondness until I remember all the practical jokes that he played on me (and everyone else he knew)...But we did our best to return the jokes.

So Pete if you are reading this stay positive and keep your spirits and we'll catch up when you are able to.

Love Nicola and Gilly xx

Ps: Many Happy Returns Pete, I will have a glass of wine to celebrate for you :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Pete,

Happy birthday mate. I was drinking shots and God knows what for Charlotte's engagement party (she sends her love too) so you'll be pleased to know I feel like I've been lobotomised today. We think of you often and Winston misses you too. We're looking forward to your return whenever the hell it is, we're keeping the club warm for you. Ady x

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Top bloke is Pete

only known you for a few years but by god you crack me up everytime

cant wait to see that cheeky grin lurking outside the 100 club again

all the best mate and see you soon

Andy

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi Pete,

Not seen you for ages, you were always a fixture at all events we got too down sarf, hope things pick up for you and its not long before we see that trademark grin again.

take care kidda

best

Chris W & Marcelle

Social source share

Hi Pete

Glad I saw this was only thinking about you the other day

Rob

See what I mean?!!! :lol:

We're all looking forward to seeing you again, so for our sake keep ya chin up! :yes:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

We've written to Pete a few times and he writes such lovely letters back. Top bloke who always had a grin on his face and is missed out on the floor! Had a great night at his once after a soul do in Northampton where I'd driven the wrong way round the one way system and got in a tither! :lol:

There were a few of us back at his and he played DJ and was a great host.

Looking forward to seeing you out and about again Pete. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just a quick pass on

One of Petes many friends Julie, asked me to pass on many thanks on behalf of Pete to the original and all posters

She is going to send him a print out of all the above with her weekly letter (but not 100% sure that if they will allow them thru)

Says Pete seems a lot better since moved, and as he loves getting letters has given me his address to pass on to anyone who wants to write to him

However if you do write then you do have to enclose a sae!

Just pm me for the address and will send it via reply

cheers

mike

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Pete, ive not been on soul source or a while now but i saw this post and i had to reply, all i can say is keep strong !! see you soon,love from myself and Gina..xx

Social source share

Just a quick pass on

One of Petes many friends Julie, asked me to pass on many thanks on behalf of Pete to the original and all posters

She is going to send him a print out of all the above with her weekly letter (but not 100% sure that if they will allow them thru)

Says Pete seems a lot better since moved, and as he loves getting letters has given me his address to pass on to anyone who wants to write to him

However if you do write then you do have to enclose a sae!

Just pm me for the address and will send it via reply

cheers

mike

Thanks Mike, Julie and thank you for all the supportive posts I'm sure Pete will appreciate them all and make his day.

as an old Mike Terry contribution almost said.....Gone (for a while) But Not Forgotten.

Best

Kev

PS. Anyone sending Pete a cd he say's pleeeeeze...no Spandau Ballet!!

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

Alright mate . Sending a letter / Christmas card soon. Lost the last one lol.

Should get this print out ,, proper nice folk on hear .

Shame it was just us on the night before.

So funny when me & sully left. You. Got pulled over by arm police soon after . Such a Shame their breathalyser `s battery had gone flat . lol.

Take care

gibber

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!