Shooting High @ The Rocket Announcement

Unfortunately there will only be an alcoholic bar until 2am tonight. The venue screwed up their late drink application and are very apologetic about it. There will be no problem buying an extra round or five for later before 2am, like some of you alkies do down the 100 Club. We're really sorry for the inconvenience for those of us who like to keep our livers busy through the night.

1,000 apologies and I'm sure it won't lessen our enjoyment of what promises to be a great first night too much.

Ady & Rob

• Replies 7
  • Views 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Here's the signs that are going up tonight as made by the management. Serious drinkers can bring a bottle opener and buy unopened bottles of beer for later. There will be a soft drinks bar from 2 am.

Ady

Sorry... Alcohol Bar

Until 2am only

This is because our application was not processed by the Council after a mistake under the new licensing system and our permission was denied at short notice

The Rocket apologises sincerely for this and for the short notice

it is not the fault of the organisers of tonight's event

We also wish to assure our customers that the late bar licenses for future events are already secure

And now Matt Bolton's car's exploded and he's stuck in Leeds so we've seconded Roger Banks from the R&B room to do a strictly Northern set (which he's terrific at when he puts his addled mind to it!) in the main room and his oppo the Mighty Hoss is added to the R&B roster.

Hopefully that's it with the announcements! I'm off to cheer on Cheltenham.

Thanks for a brill night Ady ! All the peolpe from Sweden really really enjoyed it. :P

Excellent spots from all Dj´s ! Got to hear all my favorites this night + loads more. That one Butch plays that is a version of Art Wheeler rules ! C/U I guess ?

Sunday night at Keb Darges Lost & Found were great as well as the whole weekend . Brain not in shape yet so not doing a really god job here today .....

cheers Soulof

Guest Stuart T

Unfortunately there will only be an alcoholic bar until 2am tonight. The venue screwed up their late drink application and are very apologetic about it.

Any connection between this venue, the Crossfire licencing situation and someone who works at the polyversity?

Any connection between this venue, the Crossfire licencing situation and someone who works at the polyversity?

No you little soul stirrer, I can categorically state that the Hand of the Lard had no influence on this event whatsoever.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Soulof, you should have said Hello; though I was lurching between stressed promoter, panicy DJ and town drunk most of the night. Now we know what the crowd wanted we will make a few minor adjustments and have a stunning line-up and set up for the next one.

Guest Stuart T

Thanks for a brill night Ady ! All the peolpe from Sweden really really enjoyed it. whistling.gif

Also sorry that I missed you, maybe you were hiding when I came by? :lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed it Soulof, you should have said Hello;

* Thought I had done that really Ady :lol: sorry. was a bit hypo.gif for once...

Also sorry that I missed you, maybe you were hiding when I came by? :P

* Didn´t see you at all Stuart. I was in the main room all the time. Had promised Christian - to say hi

to you as well. I probably need glasses and not dark ones like these :lol: . Music was so good so was quiet much on the floor as well . Hope to see you over here again soon anyway. Always enjoys your spots.

cheers Soulof