Next Eastbourne Do

Guest vespastu

Will do mate! Can't wait to hear your new tunes bud. I still haven't been brave enough to play Satin out and about yet, have you and what kind i reception did it get? See you and Tracy Saturday.All the best STU.

Cheers mate for booking room.Played Satin out for first time at Lifeline weekender few weeks back,went down well :lol: Just play it,you know it makes sense :shades:

See ya saturday

Molly

• Replies 101
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cheers mate for booking room.Played Satin out for first time at Lifeline weekender few weeks back,went down well :lol: Just play it,you know it makes sense :shades:

See ya saturday

Molly

are you sure you played satin and didnt just wear it

see you sat nite

got some news bout iow

moldie

got yer new number by the way

Guest soul diva

Woo hoo - drinks are on Stu Saturday :shhh:

Happy Belated Birthday to you too - Steve (how old?)

Hope you had a good one.... wicked.gif

look forward to seeing you and Sally next week.

x

Happy Belated Birthday to you too - Steve (how old?)

Hope you had a good one.... wicked.gif

look forward to seeing you and Sally next week.

x

Cheers Debs - all of 37 now !! :shhh:

Here's a few of the tunes I'm really looking forward to playing out next Saturday...

• Hesitations - That's what love is (instrumental)
  • Tobi Lark - Sweep it out in the shed
  • Cliff Nobles - Our love is getting stronger
  • Marvelettes - Poor little rich girl
  • Patti Austin - He's good enough for me

Guest vespastu

Transferring the comment from the Bisley thread........ "nice to meet you Winnie....."

Yeah nice to meet you to Stu, was the 100 good? Silly question, it's always good wicked.gif

Winnie:-)

Had a mad night mate. Left 100 club when the cleaners where coming in, then back to Dolly's for about 5 hours wicked.gif That's what you get when you hook up with messers Molly and Steve C and Carole. Rolled in at 6pm Sunday. Top night!!! See you Saturday and will make time to have a propper chat. STU wicked.gif

Guest vespastu

Transferring the comment from the Bisley thread........ "nice to meet you Winnie....."

Yeah nice to meet you to Stu, was the 100 good? Silly question, it's always good wicked.gif

Had a mad night mate. Left 100 club as the cleaners where coming in. Then back to Dollys for 5 hours.

That's what you get when you hook up with Molly, Steve C and Carole C. Rolled in at 6pm Sunday. Top night wicked.gif See you Saturday and i will make time for a propper chat.

Ps Cheers for my birthday gift wicked.gif Stu.

Guest vespastu

Had a mad night mate. Left 100 club as the cleaners where coming in. Then back to Dollys for 5 hours.

That's what you get when you hook up with Molly, Steve C and Carole C. Rolled in at 6pm Sunday. Top night wicked.gif See you Saturday and i will make time for a propper chat.

Ps Cheers for my birthday gift wicked.gif Stu.

Don't know why i posted that twice. Still recovering i think wicked.gif

Had a mad night mate. Left 100 club when the cleaners where coming in, then back to Dolly's for about 5 hours :yes: That's what you get when you hook up with messers Molly and Steve C and Carole. Rolled in at 6pm Sunday. Top night!!! See you Saturday and will make time to have a propper chat. STU :thumbsup:

=========

Yep, that Molly and Tracy, they're such bad influences :lol::lol:

Cheers Debs - all of 37 now !! :yes:

Here's a few of the tunes I'm really looking forward to playing out next Saturday...

• Hesitations - That's what love is (instrumental)
  • Tobi Lark - Sweep it out in the shed
  • Cliff Nobles - Our love is getting stronger
  • Marvelettes - Poor little rich girl
  • Patti Austin - He's good enough for me

oh no not more played out toooooooones :thumbsup:

only jokin m8

nice to see you at bisley

moldie

Edited by moldie

=========

Yep, that Molly and Tracy, they're such bad influences :yes::yes:

Trace was on a hen weekend in Bognor Winnie. Molly was extremely restrained considering. :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Guest soul diva

Superb - there's gonna be at least 4 people there then :yes:

And meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!! :yes::ohmy:

ps - Mmm - like the new Avatar Steve.....

x

Ok Winniepoos which side of the stage are we meeting at, left or right and is this from the dancefloor or from the Djs perspective.............. :yes:

Lindy

============

I've not been to the venue Lindy, so don't know the layout, I just know from previous experience, meetings always seem to be in front of the speakers :ohmy: From my perspective I'd prefer it to be near the dance floor as I can't stand still for too long :yes:

Guest vespastu

Probably bacause of my 'birthday gift' !!! :ohmy: hee hee

Cheers mate. Did well that night :yes:

Don't forget to ring me when you and T land in Eastbourne

============

I've not been to the venue Lindy, so don't know the layout, I just know from previous experience, meetings always seem to be in front of the speakers :yes: From my perspective I'd prefer it to be near the dance floor as I can't stand still for too long :yes:

Ok Winnipoos I shall decide left of the stage next to the speakers, that is where ****/**** stands/sits or dances anyway............. :ohmy:

Guest MOLLY

Huhhh are Mr & Mrs Molly flying into Eastbourne............ :ohmy:

Yes we are in the afternoon,don't know where we are going to land though !! :yes:

Will probably "take off" again round about 7:30ish....... :yes:

Guest matt tees

Stu, Have a great night on Sat will be thinking of you. I will be doing my very best behind the decks at Doncaster on Fri and then at the Kings Hall Stoke on Sat.

Guest vespastu

Stu, Have a great night on Sat will be thinking of you. I will be doing my very best behind the decks at Doncaster on Fri and then at the Kings Hall Stoke on Sat.

Cheers Sean. Always start to worry about this time but it always turns out ok whistling.gif

Who'd be a promoter. Have a good one and see you soon. whistling.gif

Guest soul diva

Cheers Sean. Always start to worry about this time but it always turns out ok :yes:

Who'd be a promoter. Have a good one and see you soon. :(

Don't you worry Stu, it's gonna be a good nite............. whistling.gif

All the beds and floor space at mine, are full !!

See you tomorrow night - with your belated birthday present. :yes:

x

Edited by soul diva
Guest vespastu

Can't wait Stu - record sorting tonight, hoping to get down late afternoon. See you later!

You did a great job for us last time mate. I love yours and Mollys records so am looking forward to this one big time :yes: Plus it's my wedding anniversary :( 17 years to the day when Ali and i got hitched. Poor girl! I do love her more than my records really :yes: Honest whistling.gif

You did a great job for us last time mate. I love yours and Mollys records so am looking forward to this one big time :D Plus it's my wedding anniversary :lol: 17 years to the day when Ali and i got hitched. Poor girl! I do love her more than my records really :yes: Honest :thumbsup:

Hope you got her a lovely pressie....no I don't mean a record that you wanted :P:D

Sorry can't be there this time, but promised kids I would stay home and behave :yes:

Best place for ss members to meet is Winnies wet spot :P (sorry I missed you at Bisley Win..only escaped from the record room for a few minutes before we left)

Guest vespastu

Hope you got her a lovely pressie....no I don't mean a record that you wanted :lol::P

Sorry can't be there this time, but promised kids I would stay home and behave :yes:

Best place for ss members to meet is Winnies wet spot :yes: (sorry I missed you at Bisley Win..only escaped from the record room for a few minutes before we left)

Hi Lindsay. Slowed up with the buying now :P Sold £1,500 worth of records at Bisley Saturday and felt so depressed when i got home i bought 3 records to cheer myself up. Oh well :thumbsup:

Get yourself down to Eastbourne on the 17th of June! Plenty of notice! See you soon. STU.

:thumbsup: Have a good one stu will try and make it befor sept got flyers to print for HB al-dayer on 6 May just added Molly to the line up for that one :yes: see you soon

HB :lol:

Guest vespastu

DJ Times - 4th March 2006

7:30 - 8:00 Steve

8:00 - 8:30 Stu

8:30 - 9:00 Molly

9:00 - 9:30 Paul

9:30 - 10:15 Stu

10:15 - 11:00 Steve

11:00 - 11:45 Paul

11:45 - 12:30 Molly

12:30 - 1:00 Stu / Steve

See you there :thumbsup:

Guest vespastu

:thumbsup: Have a good one stu will try and make it befor sept got flyers to print for HB al-dayer on 6 May just added Molly to the line up for that one :lol: see you soon

HB :yes:

Cheers Nige. Must get up to your next do. Not been yet :P See you soon :yes:

Well, we got through the evening with no tears or tantrums so a success there! Numbers were down a bit on previous ones and there seemed 'something' missing from the night (but that could just be me) :shades:

Anyway, I must say the DJ's all did a sterling job, as we knew they would. With Molly and Paul McKay you just KNOW you're going to be treated to a musical feast. My humble offerings to the entertainment were as follows:

Set one (7:30pm - 8:00pm)

1. Larry Atkins - Ain't that love enough - Highland
  2. Darrell Banks - Somebody (somewhere) needs you - Revilot
  3. JJ Barnes - Please let me in - Ric Tic
  4. Lorraine Chandler - Tell me you're mine - Giant
  5. Ortheia Barnes - I've never loved nobody - Coral
  6. The Drifters - The outside world - Atlantic
  7. Patti Austin - He's good enough for me - Coral
  8. Ruby Winters - Better - Diamond
  9. Fabulous Peps - With these eyes - Wee 3
  10. Joe Monte - Hurtin' myself - Capitol
  11. George Byrd - I'm available - Tangerine
  12. The Fuzz - I'm so glad - Calla
  13. Betty Boo - Say it isn't so - Grapevine
Set two (10:15pm - 11:00pm)
  1. Cliff Nobles - My love is getting stronger - Atlantic
  2. The Hesitations - That's what love is (instrumental) - Unissued
  3. Deon Jackson - Ooh baby - Carla
  4. The Marvelettes - Poor little rich girl - unissued
  5. Kim Weston - Helpless - Gordy
  6. Funk Brothers - Love is like an itching in my heart - unissued
  7. The Dynamics - I need your love - RCA
  8. Patti Austin - You're too much a part of me - Coral
  9. Darrow Fletcher - What good am I without you - Jacklyn
  10. Nolan Porter - If I could only be sure - ABC
  11. Tomorrow's Men - Who's that lady - Congress
  12. Two People - Stop, leave my heart alone - Revue
  13. Spyder Turner - You're good enough for me - MGM
  14. The Metros - Since I found my baby - RCA
  15. The Ballads - I can't see your love - Vee Jay
  16. Jo Ann Garrett - A whole new plan - Chess
  17. Garland Green - Girl I love you - Revue
  18. Tobi Lark - Challenge my love - Topper
Thanks to everyone who made the effort to come down to the south coast for the night - much appreciated and see you again soon I hope.

That's all folks whistling.gif

Guest vespastu

Well, we got through the evening with no tears or tantrums so a success there! Numbers were down a bit on previous ones and there seemed 'something' missing from the night (but that could just be me) :D

You have to remember Steve that our last one was the best attended yet so we would have done well to get that again!!

For me i thought it was a great night. Very well attended by quality soulies :wicked: Molly and Paul Mckay! What can i say!! I was standing there as both you guys were playing in awe of the quality :D Cheers to you both :P My mate Steve didn't do to bad either. A few to many 60's for me :thumbsup: Only jesting. As for myself i thought i would treat the crowd to a few modern tracks. Not a total disaster! Played a few floor fillers at the end so Steve didn't have to start with an empty floor! Let's just say Eastbourne ain't quite ready yet but i'll keep at it :D

Just to say that our June 17th do will defo be all ticket so let me know if you want tickets as a lot have been sold already!! Dj line up is: Dave Evison. Roger Banks. Nige Brown and Me. Top night in store :D

Also in the pipe-line is a Modern do at our venue :D Let you know more as i get the info.

As Steve said, thanks to everyone who came down and supported us on Saturday and hope to see you at the next one. STU

Great night yet again at The Elm Park Hotel in Eastbourne........ :thumbsup:

Nice to hear Molly and Paul McKay djing great music and good friends too many to mention, what more can you ask for at a soul night.......... :wicked:

Stu can you save me 3 tickets for me, James and Karen for the June event of the year........... :P

Linda

Guest soul diva

Nice to hear Molly and Paul McKay djing great music and good friends too many to mention, what more can you ask for at a soul night.......... :D

Stu can you save me 3 tickets for me, James and Karen for the June event of the year........... :D

Linda

Hey, I agree with you Linda, I had a great night..... :wicked:

Plenty of dancers out on the floor. Dru - doing her usual twirls!!

Well done Stu and Steve - Top night............ :P

x

Nice to hear Molly and Paul McKay djing great music and good friends too many to mention, what more can you ask for at a soul night.......... :wicked:

Stu can you save me 3 tickets for me, James and Karen for the June event of the year........... :D

Linda

=============

Echoing what Lindy said, nice mix of music, and a decent crowd. Good venue, bar prices reasonable, dance floor pretty good too. People dancing most of the night, what more could you ask for? :P Well worth checking out, particularly if you live within a few miles of the area, will deffo go again.

Winnie:)

Thanks for the compliments Linda, Steve and Stu! We had a fab night! Finally got to bed at 06.30, and sadly missed SteveC and Molly's run in with the nutter at 08.25 - side splitter or what. #

Would highly recommend the night to anyone - stay at the hotel and let your hair down. Great stuff!