Unexpected Ebay Feedback

Got this eBay message from a US dealer after leaving him feedback.

His communications were pretty abrupt and rude from the beginning and his shipping was USD $24.00 for one 45.

I needed the record and decided just to query the shipping charges but still pay them as in other situations I have never got the record (different seller though).

This is what he sent me:

I ASKED YOU NOT TO RATE ME UNLESS YOU COULD GIVE ME 5 STARS IN ALL CATAGORIES. YOU GAVE ME A LOWER RATING IN THE POSTAGE WHICH I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER. NOW I AM CLOSER TO GETTING THROWN OFF OF E-BAY BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID.IF THAT HAPPENS ,I WILL LOSE MY JOB ,AND THIS IS THE ONLY JOB I HAVE -THAN I WILL LASE MY HOUE [LOSE MY HOUSE] BECAUSE OF THE BAD RATING YOU GAVE ME!!!HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU COULD NOT GIVE ME 5 STARS-DO NOT RATE ME???? [HIS NAME DELETED]

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Seem to remember dealing with someone like that a couple of years ago,dreadful grading and sent it back,was he from San Antonio Texas?

les harris

richard, just hit the "report" button on his message and ignore it, don't engage him

the stars are fake "anonymous" because if you monitor your stats you can see the numbers go up and down. I never leave DSRs except in extreme cases now since it's pointless since they're not anonymous and you can only leave all 5s without pissing off a seller.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

How bizarre.

I haven't used the stars just leave a positive comment thought that was enough.... :unsure:

actually your status on ebay pretty much depends on the DSRs (detailed seller ratings), and the seller is right that anything less than 5 hurts you (you can get kicked off pretty easily or your listings will appear much lower in search results). That said, that dude deserves to be kicked off and "lase his houe" if he doesn't get a real job.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest BintofSoul

Got this eBay message from a US dealer after leaving him feedback.

His communications were pretty abrupt and rude from the beginning and his shipping was USD $24.00 for one 45.

I needed the record and decided just to query the shipping charges but still pay them as in other situations I have never got the record (different seller though).

This is what he sent me:

I ASKED YOU NOT TO RATE ME UNLESS YOU COULD GIVE ME 5 STARS IN ALL CATAGORIES. YOU GAVE ME A LOWER RATING IN THE POSTAGE WHICH I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER. NOW I AM CLOSER TO GETTING THROWN OFF OF E-BAY BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID.IF THAT HAPPENS ,I WILL LOSE MY JOB ,AND THIS IS THE ONLY JOB I HAVE -THAN I WILL LASE MY HOUE [LOSE MY HOUSE] BECAUSE OF THE BAD RATING YOU GAVE ME!!!HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU COULD NOT GIVE ME 5 STARS-DO NOT RATE ME???? [HIS NAME DELETED]

Cheers

Richard

I recieved the same rant from this ebayer when I rated his P&P costs 1*!!!!!!

Social source share

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

He's from Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania - have bought from him before maybe once or twice over the years.

First messages I got were also pretty bad. Here's one ...

I really need you to pay for the record you won. the time limit of 3 days is up. Please don't make me file an Unpaid bidder form on you. PLease pay for your record NOW!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind but I'm generally a fast payer and it wasn't even 3 days FFS :excl:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

I give up on some Ebay buyers, I live in France,I state that on my ads and to post a 45 to europe, UK Etc (or 3 as long as it's less than 250g) costs me €4,10, which works out at this present moment to £3.30, I charge £3.50. So I am making 20 pence, but within that price I have to do a round trip of 12 miles to the post office and pay for the packing materials and still the tossers mark me down .............

Mathematics, and exchange rates need to be learned, the thick bast**ds
Social source share

How do you find out who gives you low ratings it's supposed to be anonymous. The buyers ID is supposed to be hidden from the seller.

I received a record the other week from Canada where the seller paid the postage which was actually $61!!!!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Funnily enough i received a record from someone who paid 24$ postage recently,but charged me nothing. :huh: .The Strange World of Ebay.

Back on topic Richard,this chap must have been sailing close to the wind for one more bad rating to get him thrown off of Ebay.

Hope he doesn't lase his houe though.

Edited by KevH
Social source share

You don't need to drop far in the DSRs to be threatened with getting chucked off eBay.

My missus sells loads of clothes on eBay, and is now at the point where she gives free postage, and adds it into the opening price, so that you can't rate the postage.

She doesn't overcharge and is pretty quick at getting things out, well packed etc. but she used to insist on recorded delivery, which meant some complained about the cost for the difference between recorded and standard postage (which in itself is bollox, because eBay recommends that items are sent recorded).

Social source share

easy, this is "the count".

previous threads cover both him and les harris

A couple of years ago, at a record show in Harrisburg, Tats and I met the 'count' who tried to get us back to his place to see his collection. After he'd introduced himself and a few minutes dialogue, it was pretty clear what the guy was made of and so Tats asked him if he had 'vowel problems'.

Think he's probably still trying to figure out what he meant.

:0)

Sean

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Did the original listing state that shipping would be $24?

It is a 'your own fault' senario if the original listing states a Shipping Price.

Getting stuff from China is sometime £1 plus £25 Shipping. Must be a Tax get around of some sort.

If the listing states shipping is £100 and you agree to it you can't then put in a negative response as it is exactly as it states in the listing. If the Postage is to be agreed later then agree or turn it down.

Whether it is playing the game or not is an aside that would need to be addressed prior to you bidding.

Saying that, for a buyer to lay down the law like that is way out of line !!

Social source share

It is a 'your own fault' senario if the original listing states a Shipping Price.

Getting stuff from China is sometime £1 plus £25 Shipping. Must be a Tax get around of some sort.

If the listing states shipping is £100 and you agree to it you can't then put in a negative response as it is exactly as it states in the listing. If the Postage is to be agreed later then agree or turn it down.

Whether it is playing the game or not is an aside that would need to be addressed prior to you bidding.

Saying that, for a buyer to lay down the law like that is way out of line !!

I only half agree with this. If someone says they will charge you $24 shipping, I expect to pay that, but I expect the shipping to cost in that ballpark. i recently did a chargeback because of this, stating i did not get the service i paid for.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I only half agree with this. If someone says they will charge you $24 shipping, I expect to pay that, but I expect the shipping to cost in that ballpark. i recently did a chargeback because of this, stating i did not get the service i paid for.

True. If you pay £24 and they send it 2nd class Pigeon Post then .....

Social source share

Yes, the C*unt is wellworth avoiding, I made him a (what I thought) reasonable offer on a record and got an invective filled reply in return, virtually labelling myself and my fellow countrymen as out and out thieves!

you should have told him his greed makes him a near homeless loser

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Two of the 'MUSTS' in retailing is to look after your customers and be polite. This guy is neither, and should definitely not be sending out messages like this. If it were me, I would have instantly reported him to eBay and let them deal with him, maybe sending him a message back stating your disgust at his bad attitude and that you have reported him to eBay. Let him roast.

Social source share

The Count - You gotta love him, he's priceless - I don't think anyone has spared a thought for the kind hearted folk who run the homeless shelters in Philadelphia. Is it safe to assume that Bob Ellis is "THE WORST RECORD DEALER IN THE WORLD" and can we have some certificate given to him?

Des Parker

Edited by SOUL.INC
Social source share

Richard....you wanna have the Count following you around a record show cus you showed slight interest in a 45 in his sales box.....give me the abusive emails any day.

Anyways, I heard he had 2 houses next to each other, one for his records and one for his family (hard to believe the 'family' bit I know)....if this is true, and he has one house reposessed, he can always move back next door unless his missus wants nowt to do with the Count as well....

Edited by Mace
Social source share

he says he has 100,000 45s, but he's going to die with all of them because he'll never sell more than a dozen in the next 10 years for his desired price.

He does sell some Bob, some decent Texas stuff occasionally at a fair price, although you never know what will happen, or what will land on the door mat as his grading is all over the place, and he's likely to give a reason for not being able to ship the record you just purchased/won. The customer can expect everything from Ex condition down to broken in pieces.....and that's just the few I've had off him. Packing also leaves a lot to be desired. Totally unreasonable to deal with if there's an issue, he once reported me to ebay as a non paying bidder almost immediately after I bought a record for the "buy it now" price. I assume he decided he wanted more money as he re-listed it and the price had increased from $60 buy it now to $100 starting bid. This was some time ago, I've lost track of the user names now. Toolhaus.org is a good place to look at the old feedback for these type of sellers, where it's easy to see patterns. A lot of negs for re-sealing LP's was another in the case of Mr. L. Harris as I remember.

Social source share

I give up on some Ebay buyers, I live in France,I state that on my ads and to post a 45 to europe, UK Etc (or 3 as long as it's less than 250g) costs me €4,10, which works out at this present moment to £3.30, I charge £3.50. So I am making 20 pence, but within that price I have to do a round trip of 12 miles to the post office and pay for the packing materials and still the tossers mark me down .............

Mathematics, and exchange rates need to be learned, the thick bast**ds

Move closer to apost office then! :lol:

Seriously you cannot include petrol charges in the P&P that comes out of what you get for the item as its clased as part of the Unit Cost!

Social source share

I am having aproblem with Samposse at the moment- won 4 items off them and they list their costs for combined items I won three in the same day and another 48 hours later Ive asked 7 times for myself to be re-invoiced with no reply - Now they have opened up 4 cases against me for non paying. Even Ebay are thick as I copied the messages to them and asked them to contact Samposse- They said they understood my frustration as I had paid for the items - NO I hadnt paid for the Items the useless twats! I wanted thanm to get some dialogue going so I can pay for the 4 items together!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

He does sell some Bob, some decent Texas stuff occasionally at a fair price, although you never know what will happen, or what will land on the door mat as his grading is all over the place, and he's likely to give a reason for not being able to ship the record you just purchased/won. The customer can expect everything from Ex condition down to broken in pieces.....and that's just the few I've had off him. Packing also leaves a lot to be desired. Totally unreasonable to deal with if there's an issue, he once reported me to ebay as a non paying bidder almost immediately after I bought a record for the "buy it now" price. I assume he decided he wanted more money as he re-listed it and the price had increased from $60 buy it now to $100 starting bid. This was some time ago, I've lost track of the user names now. Toolhaus.org is a good place to look at the old feedback for these type of sellers, where it's easy to see patterns. A lot of negs for re-sealing LP's was another in the case of Mr. L. Harris as I remember.

sorry i wasn't clear, i was responding to "the count" thread. i know les sells stuff and what his deal is. he has a new id every year.

Social source share

I am having aproblem with Samposse at the moment- won 4 items off them and they list their costs for combined items I won three in the same day and another 48 hours later Ive asked 7 times for myself to be re-invoiced with no reply - Now they have opened up 4 cases against me for non paying. Even Ebay are thick as I copied the messages to them and asked them to contact Samposse- They said they understood my frustration as I had paid for the items - NO I hadnt paid for the Items the useless twats! I wanted thanm to get some dialogue going so I can pay for the 4 items together!

I know who this is, long time thrift store / junk store dealer, he had the three copies of the magnetics that were sold (actually two different people independently found 3 copies which was weird). anyways, I don't have his number but you should request it via ebay and call.

Social source share

I know who this is, long time thrift store / junk store dealer, he had the three copies of the magnetics that were sold (actually two different people independently found 3 copies which was weird). anyways, I don't have his number but you should request it via ebay and call.

Ebay have contacted them Bob so Im just waiting - Bought from them before with no problem -

Didnt know the story of the Magnetics being found there!

ATB Steve

Social source share

Ebay have contacted them Bob so Im just waiting - Bought from them before with no problem -

Didnt know the story of the Magnetics being found there!

ATB Steve

he bought a storage locker and there was a desk. inside one of the drawers were three copies of "jackie baby" wrapped in a piece of cloth

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!