Girl Dancers

Mandy

Not sure if this topic has aleady been done, I know we've had best dancer ....

Jo Brock (Mrs Trevski) is a fabulous little dancer ... keeps herself in her own dance space but turns and moves great. Obviously Jumpin Joan is up top there too and I also like watching Deanne May, seems to glide on the dancefloor and totally in tune with the music :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jo Brock (Mrs Trevski) is a fabulous little dancer ... keeps herself in her own dance space but turns and moves great. Obviously Jumpin Joan is up top there too and I also like watching Deanne May, seems to glide on the dancefloor and totally in tune with the music :thumbsup:

Hi Mandy Carole McCarthy can do a really good spin too :ohmy: ATB Stevie
Social source share

Jo Brock (Mrs Trevski) is a fabulous little dancer ... keeps herself in her own dance space but turns and moves great. Obviously Jumpin Joan is up top there too and I also like watching Deanne May, seems to glide on the dancefloor and totally in tune with the music :ohmy:

Just wish i could dance better than i do, can't win it all. :thumbsup::no::)

Social source share

Jo Brock (Mrs Trevski) is a fabulous little dancer ... keeps herself in her own dance space but turns and moves great. Obviously Jumpin Joan is up top there too and I also like watching Deanne May, seems to glide on the dancefloor and totally in tune with the music :no:

Jo Bro`she`s brilliant at everything.... :ohmy: ,don`t tell Trev...... :thumbsup:
Social source share

Am I the only one that thinks I'm the best dancer and everyone is looking at me !!!, maybe everyone saying look at that nutter :-) and I cant seem to get off the floor once I start, if they played happy birthday by Tony Christie I would still be dancing

Strange

Are you a girl :thumbsup:

Social source share

Also the girl with the short dark hair, forget her name, always talks to me (similar age) usually seen her around the North West (but not for the past year?). Well she is a very good dancer, think she may lean toward the Modern side of the scene.......Just read that back, doesn't really help does it :thumbsup:

Social source share

Take it you're not very good with names then Brett ... how many girls live in Sheffield and up north who dance :thumbsup:

=========

Caz McCarthy, Chantelle, and Anne from Bedford, Soul Annie, Carol can't remember where she's from (Wisbech?), Emma and Dru from Surrey, Suzi from Scotland, all brilliant. Have always believed girls in general are better dancers than men, take out the acrobatics, and they win hands down IMO.

Winnie:-)

Social source share

=========

Caz McCarthy, Chantelle, and Anne from Bedford, Soul Annie, Carol can't remember where she's from (Wisbech?), Emma and Dru from Surrey, Suzi from Scotland, all brilliant. Have always believed girls in general are better dancers than men, take out the acrobatics, and they win hands down IMO.

:thumbsup:
Social source share

=========

Emma and Marcella (NCS) dance with sex appeal..........imho :ohmy: where as Trifle is a bloody good interperter of the music....... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Women in general are better dancers than men because they seem to be really in tune to the music and use their whole bodies. Men are great at technical aspects of dancing and can have just as much style, but women seem to just have an effortless quality to the way they do it. My mother came out to watch me play some soul records once and was one of the most brilliant dancers there. In fact, she was dancing northern style and didn't know it. I was very impressed and so was everyone else.

As for female northern soul dancers, I really enjoy watching them. Northern soul dancing in general is a super-cool thing in my book. I wish people would document this more. I've got Andy Holroyd's "Magic Touch", but would like to see a lot more. I did some video in LA of Carl and a few others, giving attention to the feet movements, details, etc. if anything, just to learn stuff. Of the women I saw there, they were excellent at footwork and had lots of grace. Seeing them dance was a major highlight for me.

Big thumbs up to the ladies for adding such class to the moves.

Does anyone have video clips of northern soul dancing to share? Ladies or anyone with good moves?

KTF

Jas

PS. For anyone on this forum whose seen Andy's "The Magic Touch" video "how about that slow motion clip of the woman with straight long hair doing a spin in the spotlight all by herself...Wow! Almost poetic isn't it? If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

Social source share

Gonna sound biased but.............. Mrs C (wonder if thats the Carole you mentioned Winnie) is the epitome of a non-assuming, smooth and classy Northern dancer. I could watch her feet all night and add some alcohol and the hand movements appear ala the Wigan days (even though she didn't go there). An old soulie with 30+ years of experience who says its worth dancing coz its the only time I smile at her albeit at her feet!!!!!

There was Caroline (Caz) Johnson from Ashby del la Zouche who could win dancing comps with just the soulful expression on her face :thumbsup: . She certainly beat Keb and I in The EASC 6th Anniversary at the Fleet all those years ago and deservedly so - a fantastic dancer with attitude.

There is a girl I've seen at The Mars Bar who is terrific too and can clap like thunder to boot. Maybe you'll be able to help out Nige - longish black hair and obviously an "old" soulie.

All in all I think its great to see good girl dancers alas there is definitely a distinct difference in class between the girls from up North and those down here. South Coast girls tend to do that Modish bouncing on your toes Andy Pandy on poppers dance whereas "generally" I feel that you can spot a girl from up North just from her classy dancing. Dru is probably the one of the exceptions coz she has her own smooth style and is wonderful to watch. So is Amanda from Brighton but she's got that Stafford style about her same as Mrs C :dance:

Great topic/thread Mandy

Social source share

Jo Brock (Mrs Trevski) is a fabulous little dancer ... keeps herself in her own dance space but turns and moves great. Obviously Jumpin Joan is up top there too and I also like watching Deanne May, seems to glide on the dancefloor and totally in tune with the music :lol:

Carol McCarthy end of discussion. But I think that today,the girls are better dancers,because they are much fitter than us blokes. :ohmy:

Social source share

Yes!!!!!! there are some fella's i know of........ used to stand on the sidelines of the dancefloor.... whatching the girls dancing..... just so they could see their underwear (NICKERS) when they did the spin..... as the long flared skirt they wore would be swivelling round their hips. :ohmy::lol::yes:

Social source share

Yes!!!!!! there are some fella's i know of........ used to stand on the sidelines of the dancefloor.... whatching the girls dancing..... just so they could see their underwear (NICKERS) when they did the spin..... as the long flared skirt they wore would be swivelling round their hips. :yes::yes::D
:D:D:D Hi , don't recall any Scotsman in a kilt doing that :ohmy::lol: Not that I would want to either :D
Social source share

There is a girl I've seen at The Mars Bar who is terrific too and can clap like thunder to boot. Maybe you'll be able to help out Nige - longish black hair and obviously an "old" souli

juliet from worcester mate i won,t tell her you said she was an old soulie :yes: but yeah a good dancer and boy can she clap :ohmy:

HB :lol:

Social source share

Jo Bro`she`s brilliant at everything.... :yes: ,don`t tell Trev...... :lol:

Sorry Ken but I think he's spotted it.....

I'm another one of the Jo Brock fan club.... :yes:

She came along with us to all-niters many years ago......straight on the dance floor and a bloody natural....don't you just hate it when that happens.

Did try and do a single white female on her one night and tried to copy her moves......got dizzy after ten seconds....still don't know how she does it....

I've found as a crap woman dancer if I close my eyes, know one can see you.... :ohmy:

Social source share

I've seen lots of girl dancers on my rounds , but the best i've seen is Debbie Riley from Awsworth Notts . Not seen her lately though

======

Saw Debs and Andy at lifeline end of last year. Yep she's good and so is Mandy mick H's mrs. Agree Trifle can move, as can Karen B. It's a different Carol Steve, she won a competition at the Plinston a couple of years ago. Short blond hair. Great feet and spins like a top. Am almost certain she's from the cambridge/Lincs area.

PS. They're all great dancers :ohmy: .........Ken you dance like a girl, so you're great too :yes::lol:

Social source share

Carol McCarthy end of discussion. But I think that today,the girls are better dancers,because they are much fitter than us blokes. :ohmy:

============

Personally don't think it's down to fitness, I think in general girls are more expressive, and not bound by a set of rules which tend to govern most of the guys, when it comes to dancing.

Social source share

======

, she won a competition at the Plinston a couple of years ago. Short blond hair. Great feet and spins like a top. Am almost certain she's from the cambridge/Lincs area.

PS. They're all great dancers :ohmy: .........Ken you dance like a girl, so you're great too :yes::lol:

The Carol you mean Win is from the Wisbech/March area

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!