Dee Edwards Of D-town Fame R.i.p

JUST HAD WORD Via DAVE WELDING THAT DEE EDWARDS HAS PASSED AWAY AT HER HOME IN DETROIT.

very sad news as I had been talking to her recently about appearing at PRESTATYN 2007, her death is a sad reminder that in just over a week we have seen Wilson Picket, Lou Rawls, Gene Mcfadden all die.

and non were of a really great age.

Dee had asured me that she looked just the same as her Album covers and that she was still at school when she recorded her Tuba outing. A keen painter , dee had left the music business to concentrate on her family in Detroit and seem very content, but was keen to come to England to see her fans.

So thats another one we will never see perform, I ve said it time and time again, get off your arses to see these people perform whilst you can they are not going to be here forever !

Rob Wigley

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

JUST HAD WORD Via DAVE WELDING THAT DEE EDWARDS HAS PASSED AWAY AT HER HOME IN DETROIT.

very sad news as I had been talking to her recently about appearing at PRESTATYN 2007, her death is a sad reminder that in just over a week we have seen Wilson Picket, Lou Rawls, Gene Mcfadden all die.

Dee had asured me that she looked just the same as her Album covers and that she was still at school when she recorded her Tuba outing. A keen painter , dee had left the music business to concentrate on her family in Detroit and seem very content, but was keen to come to England to see her fans.

So thats another one we will never see perform, I ve said it time and time again, get off your arses to see these people perform whilst you can they are not going to be here forever !

Rob Wigley

It seems to be every week at the moment, a great record by here All the way home on D.Town. R.I.P. Dee Edwards.

Social source share

It seems to be every week at the moment, a great record by here All the way home on D.Town. R.I.P. Dee Edwards.

I'm not going to pretend i have any association with any artists other than with the records i own, but Dee Edwards has always had a special place for me, the 45' on Tuba and the brilliant "Deal With That" on De-To are just fantastic records........sleep easy Dee Edwards.

Brett

Social source share

I'm not going to pretend i have any association with any artists other than with the records i own, but Dee Edwards has always had a special place for me, the 45' on Tuba and the brilliant "Deal With That" on De-To are just fantastic records........sleep easy Dee Edwards.

Brett

Glad to hear you've got your icecream man record :no: , quite funny comment in photo gallery :thumbsup::ohmy: .

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Very sad news indeed :thumbsup:

Social source share

Rob Wigley

Thanks for the info Rob, such sad news. One of my favourite female artists...........I had only recently added 'Deal with That' to my collection too, so have been listening to her quite a bit recently.

RIP Dee.

Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!