dthedrug

Soul Source Record Club. Your Daily Party Pick With Seasons Greetings

Audio Lists dthedrug on

Posted (edited)

:boxing: HI SOULSTERS,Just got home from the Stables, as I went past HMP FETHERSTONE, I was sure that I saw Brother Inmates surfing towards WOLVES, I kid you not, they were being chased by a Screw in a canoe? on the M6 they closed the motorway at junction 10, because of the bloke and his wife trying to get some animals into a boat, NOAH was his name, as I turned onto the BLACK COUNTRY ROUTE, I heard Robert Parker's "lets go where the action is" great club sound almost got a tear in my eye remembering those classics, I wonder who was playing the record, you will never guess? it was me, :rofl:

:g: WELL HERE WE GO ANOUTHER YEARS AND A TIME FOR WASTING YOUR MONEY ON THOSE WHO LOVE YOU! WHEN YOU SHOULD BE BUYING YET 1 MORE ALL TIME CLASSIC, WITH 1 MONTH TO GO, LETS GET IN THE MOOD WITH SOME FORGOTON OLDIES & YOU NEW DISCOVERIES, OH YEH :thumbup:

:thumbsup: ALL I CAN SAY, YOU DO SOULSOURCE PROOUD WITH YOUR RECORDS, SO CAN I WISH YOU PEACE & GOD BLESS, DE ED!

Right here's my pick to start of this thread, a quality soul gem in every respect, i can't put a scan up,for you:-

:huh: $TATESIDE G&W DEMO SS2092 TYRONE DAVIS - "WHAT IF A MAN" 10 STAR RATED SOUL, RARE ON UK, VALUE £100 :wicked:

PLEASE KEEP TO THE RULES ENJOY THANKS DAVE K

PS THE B SIDE IS MY FAVOURATE,"BUT YOU WIN" HOWEVER I COULD NOT GET A DOWNLOAD? Edited by dthedrug

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Haven't posted on this thread for a while but wanted to share this LP only tune which is the final track on Side 2 of the Isley's debut album for Tamla -This Old Heart Of Mine. The album includes 10 Holland Dozier Holland tunes whilst this one is an Ivy Hunter/ Mickey Stevenson composition. Steeped in gospel, the song's lyrics rely heavily on scripture allowing Ron to testify that he will " Keep on Keeping on " to find a true love that is not easy to find but is just around the corner. The Funk Bros whip up a maelstrom of soul on this one and has to be up there with the best recordings made at Hitsville in the mid 60's.

Edited by autumnstoned

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Tony Troutman I truly love you Gram o phon Cheap

soul source url
Posted

I was going to post a different Walter Jackson record this morning, but with the emphasis on classics, they don't come any better. One of the best soul records ever, and would be worth any valuation put on it. As it is, you can pick it up for very little. Will always be in my top ten tune of all tme!

Walter Jackson - "It's an uphill climb to the bottom" from 1966

Dave

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

New thread new tune from the postie yesterday

From the mighty Sam Dees

SAM DEES & BETTYE SWANN Just as sure 70s Soul

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

I was going to post a different Walter Jackson record this morning, but with the emphasis on classics, they don't come any better. One of the best soul records ever, and would be worth any valuation put on it. As it is, you can pick it up for very little. Will always be in my top ten tune of all tme!

Walter Jackson - "It's an uphill climb to the bottom" from 1966

Dave

Dave

MAGIC!!!!! Would have clicked "Like" hundreds of times if I could,soul perfection.Walter is a soul god imo. Been using it as an ender recently & always fills the floor & always gets people singing on the sidelines.The terms of "Anthem" "Classic" "Awesome" etc. are so over used on inferior tunes,the terms should only be used on tunes like this :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

New thread old tune from me,starting the new thread with one of my fave tunes of all time.Not a cheapie but worth every penny if you can bag one.Never tire of hearing it either out or at home.

Keni Lewis - What's Her Name Buddah

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

New thread old tune from me,starting the new thread with one of my fave tunes of all time.Not a cheapie but worth every penny if you can bag one.Never tire of hearing it either out or at home.

Keni Lewis - What's Her Name Buddah

Absolutely Fantasic! Also in my top 5 been after one for ages great post Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Evening Friends :hatsoff2:

Here's my first on the festive new thread. My example of a classic from a very important artist/poet/writer/campaigner. Surprised it's not been posted yet its such a great dance tune. Dollar nine get a bottle of wine, dollar nine get a bottle of wine! Are you with me yet?

Gil Scott Heron The Bottle

Peter

:thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Start the week off with the 70s

CB. OVERTON - IF I CAN'T STOP YOU (1977)-(Shock) nice and cheap price of a Christmas selection box.1 from Des Parker

Edited by Andy Reynard

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Now this is not rare and probably never gets played out, it does get a lot of plays in my soul room at home.

I chose it because it was of the first records that got me dancing at Aycliffe Youth Centre. And from there the rest is history. For me it is probably a forgotten oldie for most people but I love it and always will.

The record is "Sweet Talking Guy" by The Chiffons

Edited by jim g

soul source url
Posted

First post on the new season of the thread and it's a classic from a master!

Bobby Bland - Yum Yum Tree -Duke

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Start the week off with the 70s

CB. OVERTON - IF I CAN'T STOP YOU (1977)-(Shock) nice and cheap price of a Christmas selection box.1 from Des Parker

Nice Andy

Not heard this before. I posted his other outing Superstar Lady on the previous thread - another cheapie.

Peter

soul source url
Posted

One of the best records you can pick up for a couple of quid !

Gene Redding - This heart

Dave

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

One that's never been far away from my deck: Carla Thomas - Every Ounce Of Strength - Stax

Edited by Barry

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Relatively unknown one ?????

Andre Scott Etc Cry In Th Arms Of Another Love

soul source url
Posted

One that's never been far away from my deck:

Seen as though it's a new chapter of the thread, I'll point out that not everyone can see the videos that are posted due to firewall restrictions at work, or service/streaming restrictions on a lot of phones, so if we could keep the same posting guidelines as all the other chapters of this thread , it would be a great help to those of us who are 'blind' until we get get home or whatever.

A small post with the title and artist of the tune, and a quick summary of why you've posted it (even if it's just to say 'I love this'!) then a second post with the video link/embedded clip.

This also helps cut down page loading times for those with slow connections.

So, Barry, what was it you posted?! I'm always scared I'm missing something when I can't see what it was!

Ta very loads

:thumbup:

soul source url
Posted

One that's never been far away from my deck:

Carla Thomas - Every Ounce Of Strength - Stax

soul source url
Posted

Bit of southern soul from me today. Phillip Mitchell - a favourite of mine and still learning about him.

Little Things

Give it some volume and bass innit!

Peter

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

This Mecca "oldie" had me singing along like a loon since i've not heard it for a lifetime.Happy days in the White Transit.!!!

Universal Mind - "Something fishy going on".(cheap as chips - to go with the fish).

Edited by KevH

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

This Mecca "oldie" had me singing along like a loon since i've not heard it for a lifetime.Happy days in the White Transit.!!!

Universal Mind - "Something fishy going on".(cheap as chips - to go with the fish).

Nice one Kev

Great 70's soul. Not heard it for ages ages either.

Peter

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: HI MY PC IS PLAYING UP? However I have got my new scanner, So heres my TYRONE DAVIS, ALDO WALTER JACKSON DEMO, But unable to put the B side, old TWISTED WHEEL side but never gets a lookin :wicked: DAVE K

post-13241-0-19565400-1353939223_thumb.jpost-13241-0-02840000-1353939264_thumb.jpost-13241-0-86823800-1353939296_thumb.j

soul source url
Posted

lou rawls / when love goes wrong

capitol records

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Quality record kev :thumbup: :thumbup: philly at it's best :hatsoff2:

Edited by soulghost

soul source url
Posted

Now this is not rare and probably never gets played out, it does get a lot of plays in my soul room at home.

I chose it because it was of the first records that got me dancing at Aycliffe Youth Centre. And from there the rest is history. For me it is probably a forgotten oldie for most people but I love it and always will.

The record is "Sweet Talking Guy" by The Chiffons

Jim

This always reminds me of the skinhead era,just a bit before my time but remember it mainly through my older brother.I happen to have acquired his copy in my collection........got a nice drawing of a Doc Martin on it :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

lou rawls / when love goes wrong

capitol records

Gogger

Turn it over,brilliant B side...............actually my preferred side :thumbsup:

Lou Rawls-Show Business Capitol

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

THANKS MARTYN A NICE BONUS :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

:hatsoff2: HI MY PC IS PLAYING UP? However I have got my new scanner, So heres my TYRONE DAVIS, ALDO WALTER JACKSON DEMO, But unable to put the B side, old TWISTED WHEEL side but never gets a lookin :wicked: DAVE K

post-13241-0-19565400-1353939223_thumb.jpost-13241-0-02840000-1353939264_thumb.jpost-13241-0-86823800-1353939296_thumb.j

here ya go Dave !! That's mi good deed for the day!! TYRONE DAVIS-WHAT IF A MAN Edited by Andy Reynard

soul source url
Posted (edited)
:sleep3: posted it again sorry Edited by Andy Reynard

soul source url
Posted

Can't believe you guys started without me! hehe

On the theme of 70s, my offering for today is Bobby Bloom - Love Don't Let Me Down. cuuuule

soul source url
Posted

& whilst i'm at it.... get yer lug-holes round this

soul source url
Posted

Just got hold of this recently, played it out at The Waterfront in York....

atb Barry

soul source url
Posted

and it sounded fabulous Barry :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

Four Wonders Just Looking For My Love-Solid foundation oldie but still gets my vote

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Another cheapee which might just find its way into the play box for A Taste of Honey All dayer this Sun .

Dolly & the Fashions 'The right one' - sounds very much like Dusty on lead vocals ?

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Entertainers Love You Like I Never Loved Before

soul source url