dthedrug

Soul Source Record Club. Your Daily Party Pick With Seasons Greetings

Sorry , another one from me , I'm bored and the Mrs. is watching some shit film :lol: .

THE INTRIGUES - I'M GONNA LOVE YOU - YEW

now if this was a £500 record you could well believe it IMHO but at about £10-£15 you can't go wrong. Yes it's very similar to ' In a Moment'

but proper class northern in my eyes and as most records do , sounds 'kin awesome loud!

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Yep top notch soul record this Swifty. I found one in my dirty box a while - think I might have posted it. But, it is very worthy of multiple spins in my book.

Good pick.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Share this source music forum post

soul source url

Terrible hangover today,family "do" yesterday & it went a bit mental,shouldn't try to keep up with the young un's..........they dunnarf drink some shit.So if I can stay awake long enough to post something,it's gonna be a Stafford biggie that seems to have disappeared from the decks (great B side too which is on the same You Tube vid)

JOYCE KENNEDY-GOOD GIRL / DOES ANYBODY LOVE BLUE ROCK

soul source url

I don't seem to recall anyone posting anything by J J Barnes? :g: Now that can't be right can it. So an album play from me to put things right.

J J Barnes - Can't See Me Leaving You

Peter

soul source url

Yes, I should have charged admission that day (& a few others when the acts dropped around).

I think that was the day when Don Gardner and Bobby Hutton were trying to outdo each other and both sang if my memory is correct

soul source url

I don't seem to recall anyone posting anything by J J Barnes? :g: Now that can't be right can it. So an album play from me to put things right.

J J Barnes - Can't See Me Leaving You

Peter

Posted Got to get rid of you a fortneet sin

Peter

soul source url

Posted Got to get rid of you a fortneet sin

Peter

Ah reet. Must have missed in Andy - or rather forgotten!

Peter

soul source url

Peter

sounding like you have the Bird syndrome Peter (too young for that just yet) :o)) Morning Martyn!!

soul source url

Morning folks , this is one I've always had a soft spot for , bit of a Marmite record if you know what I mean. Good job I like Marmite then !

RON KEITH & LADYS - CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU (STICKS AND STONES) - A&M

Cheers

soul source url

Feeling a lot better today.......a day off the beer does wonders :D

With it been New Years Eve it's got to be a group dancer,so I've dug this little cracker out for you all.Had the odd play but not as many as it should have imo.See what you think?

Wallace Brothers-Girls Alright With Me Sims

Happy New Year Everyone

soul source url

sounding like you have the Bird syndrome Peter (too young for that just yet) :o)) Morning Martyn!!

Morning young un :wink:

soul source url

Morning folks , this is one I've always had a soft spot for , bit of a Marmite record if you know what I mean. Good job I like Marmite then !

RON KEITH & LADYS - CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU (STICKS AND STONES) - A&M

Cheers

Swifty

New to me this,very nice :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url

Swifty

New to me this,very nice :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Morning Martyn , glad you like it mate , had 2 or 3 of these in the last couple of years , seems to be a £15-£25 tune . All the ones I've had are demos , not seen the issue. I may be talking bollocks but it may of come out on UK A&M also.

Happy New Year mate and thanks to you and the others for putting loads of stuff on here that I've never heard before :hatsoff2:

Cheers

soul source url

Peter

na then thee eyes must be painted on , posted two a while back, all the best towd lad and have a happy new year :thumbup:

soul source url

na then thee eyes must be painted on , posted two a while back, all the best towd lad and have a happy new year :thumbup:

Painted on indeed! :yes:

Happy New Year buddy.

Peter

soul source url

cornelius brothers and sister rose / to late to turn back now

about 3 /4 years ago went to my first soul do , in a very long time , that wasn't a (oldies) do , after a few hours of nice tunes that i didn't no at all , this was played , was really supprised to hear it as i remember it as a chart sound , have heard some more stuff from them played out to which i have managed to collect , great tune though imo.

happy new year and best wishes to all. :thumbup:

Edited by gogger

soul source url

cornelius brothers and sister rose / to late to turn back now

about 3 /4 years ago went to my first soul do , in a very long time , that wasn't a (oldies) do , after a few hours of nice tunes that i didn't no at all , this was played , was really supprised to hear it as i remember it as a chart sound , have heard some more stuff from them played out to which i have managed to collect , great tune though imo.

They've done some wonderful soul music - this is a stunner.

Peter

soul source url

Last one from me this year. Thanks again for all those new tunes and memory joggers. Let's hope that 2013 is equally productive. Best of all are those forgotten "b-sides" that we've already got!

At 2 quid, a nice addition to any record box!

Dusty Springfield - Mama's little girl (ABC Dunhill)

Dave

soul source url

I know a lot of my choices aren't as obscure as my fellow posters - and this one has had some major plays too. But, it's top, top mid tempo soul music - a wonderful dance track which deserves a spin in our special room. Apologies if it's been posted before. It'll probably be my last pick of the year - I've loved being a part of the thread. Happy New Year everyone - I'll leave you with Mr Jeff Perry.

Love Don't Come No Stronger.

Peter

Edited by Peter99

soul source url

Last one from me this year. Thanks again for all those new tunes and memory joggers. Let's hope that 2013 is equally productive. Best of all are those forgotten "b-sides" that we've already got!

Dave

dave , dusty does no wrong in my eyes , great tune Edited by gogger

soul source url

Dave

Dave , another little gem for my list , great tune and thanks for all your posts mate :hatsoff2:

Happy New Year !

Cheers

soul source url

Dave

This is very nice - new to me.

Cheers Dave.

Peter

soul source url

Ay up i'm back again last one from me this year :yes:

Everybody knows Eddie Parker I'm Gone is expensive :(

Get yur lugholes round this one a lot cheaper :thumbup:

Billy She Rae I'm Gone on Spectrum brill version imo :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

usual ask could someone post for me ta :)

Have a great new year everybody whatever you're doing :thumbsup:

atb kev :hatsoff2:

soul source url

Last from me thought Dave was starting a new thread yesterday so

Never bothered

Otis Leavill - Nobody But You.Smash

Happy and a soulful new year to you all

Andy

soul source url

I know a lot of my choices aren't as obscure as my fellow posters - and this one has had some major plays too. But, it's top, top mid tempo soul music - a wonderful dance track which deserves a spin in our special room. Apologies if it's been posted before. It'll probably be my last pick of the year - I've loved being a part of the thread. Happy New Year everyone - I'll leave you with Mr Jeff Perry.

Love Don't Come No Stronger.

Peter

Peter , always had a soft spot for Jeff Perry stuff and there's a couple more half decent things he's done , like 'Call on Me' and this one

JEFF PERRY - UNFORGETTABLE PERSON - ARISTA

Happy New Year to you mate and looking forward to hearing loads more new (to my ears ) tunes on this thread :hatsoff2:

Cheers

soul source url

Peter , always had a soft spot for Jeff Perry stuff and there's a couple more half decent things he's done , like 'Call on Me' and this one

Happy New Year to you mate and looking forward to hearing loads more new (to my ears ) tunes on this thread :hatsoff2:

Cheers

I know Call on Me Swifty - but not heard this. It's strange how stuff passes us by - nice one.

All the best mate.

Peter

soul source url

Don't think its been posted on here before as I can't find it on Youtube.

Bin reluctant to post it myself on the Tube, as anything owned by Universal seems

to immediately trigger a negative response these days.

However Bobby Womack's version of "How Long" from the Columbia

"Home is where" LP , is well worth checkin out.

Overlooked in favour of the obvious "Something for my head" and "Home is".

Give How Long a run out.

Been a spectacular year on this forum.

I still lament the passing of Refosoul.

Mick

mick , bought the album earlier this year , will give it a full play for sure , refosoul is back :yes:

soul source url

Cheers

Swifty

i like both sides :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: i got an issue

atb kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by soulghost

soul source url

Last from me thought Dave was starting a new thread yesterday so

Never bothered

Otis Leavill - Nobody But You.Smash

Happy and a soulful new year to you all

Andy

Bugger ! , another one I've never heard and now want ! Nice one Andy , is it expensive ?

Happy new Year to you mate

Cheers

soul source url

Bugger ! , another one I've never heard and now want ! Nice one Andy , is it expensive ?

Happy new Year to you mate

Cheers

:lol: :lol: :lol:...........bloody thread ah Swifty :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url

The Dapps with James Brown producing .............

but just who was on lead vocals ?????

soul source url

LAST ONE FROM ME THIS YEAR

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

EARL CONNELLY I,M YOUR FOOL

KEV

GOT A SPARE ON EBAY IF ANY ONES INTERESTED

soul source url

Last from me this year and a tune that always gets my toes tapping.

The Controllers - The people want music - Juana.

Have a nice New Year all.

gary

soul source url

If I remember correctly Richard Searling loved to spin this on CFOS.

By the way he and Kev Roberts have a show on Smooth FM in the early hours of the 1st Jan.

Jerry Butler and Brenda Lee Eager - Ever Since I Can Remember , from "The Love We Had" Mercury LP:

soul source url