dthedrug profile photo

Soul Source Record Club. Your Daily Party Pick With Seasons Greetings

Audio Lists dthedrug

Posted

Where's the 'hate' button when you need it?

Its probably where the sun dont shine Pete

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Something a bit different.Sugar in your morning coffee.

Universal Minds - "I betcha" - Charles.

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Paul

The reason I'm adamant about the date is the tape was made by my mate from Hull who was a big buddy of Richard's & was on stage recording his set,that's why it's such good quality.So why would he write the wrong date on it?

Cheers

Martyn

Maybe the date was written on it at a later date mate? I'm not disputing your mates friendship with Richard, or his memory! But 'No Time' was definitely played before Christmas '79.

We used to record Richards sets too, usually placing the cassette just at the back of the speakers, that way we got a clearer recording, but could still hear the clapping etc... better quality, but you do lose a bit of the atmosphere.

soul source url
Posted

Always preferred this version to Mary Wells' original

Geraldine Hunt - Never, never leave me

Dave

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Jackson Sisters Shake Her Loose

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Always preferred this version to Mary Wells' original

Geraldine Hunt - Never, never leave me

Dave

Dave

Both great versions & only a cig paper between but think Mary just shades it for me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Jackson Sisters Shake Her Loose

Kegsy

Is it my ears or is there a bit of "Ordinary Joe"in parts in the backing track?

Nice like it,new to me.

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Kegsy

Is it my ears or is there a bit of "Ordinary Joe"in parts in the backing track?

Martyn

Sure does, when I played it out it always fooled a few who rushed to the floor.

Kegsy

Edited by Kegsy

soul source url
Posted

This sounded promising - up until the point where I was convinced that 2 tunes were playing simultaneously. Looked for it on youtube and 2 different postings sound equally poor in terms of quality etc. That's a pity.

Can someone please tell me that the vinyl does actually sound nice and clear and not muffled and messy like this clip.

Not criticising the choice - just querying the quality as I was gonna add it to my wants list.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Sorry, for the mobile browsers and firewall victims - the previous post was a query re The Modern Redcaps. I "quoted" the clip so guess you can't read it.

- Kev

Edited by KevinKent

soul source url
Posted

Dave

Both great versions & only a cig paper between but think Mary just shades it for me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Isn't it great that we are both right!

soul source url
Posted

This sounded promising - up until the point where I was convinced that 2 tunes were playing simultaneously. Looked for it on youtube and 2 different postings sound equally poor in terms of quality etc. That's a pity.

Can someone please tell me that the vinyl does actually sound nice and clear and not muffled and messy like this clip.

Not criticising the choice - just querying the quality as I was gonna add it to my wants list.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

Can't check the quality of the youtube clips at work, just copied the page link and pasted it..... I haven't done a youtube video of my copy yet, but have never realised/thought it was muffled/bad quality - I'll see if I can get it done and repost it later in the week.

:thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

Maybe the date was written on it at a later date mate? I'm not disputing your mates friendship with Richard, or his memory! But 'No Time' was definitely played before Christmas '79.

We used to record Richards sets too, usually placing the cassette just at the back of the speakers, that way we got a clearer recording, but could still hear the clapping etc... better quality, but you do lose a bit of the atmosphere.

Paul

Must admit I wouldn't put money on it as the late 70t's early 80t's are a bit of a haze :g:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

It's a coincidence that Martyn should mention Spyder Turner as I dug this out last night to post up today.

Spyder Turner - I can't take it Anymore.

Great soul music - and cheap.

Peter

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

It's a coincidence that Martyn should mention Spyder Turner as I dug this out last night to post up today.

Spyder Turner - I can't take it Anymore.

Great soul music - and cheap.

Peter

Peter

Turn it over,even better dancer "Don't Hold Back" :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

soul source url
Posted

Artie Fullilove.

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Artie Fullilove.

Kev

Bloody hell this is a bit early innit,I bet you've got your tree up already haven't you :lol:

Bah Humbug Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Kev

Bloody hell this is a bit early innit,I bet you've got your tree up already haven't you :lol:

Bah Humbug Martyn

I've opened some chocolate liquers to get me in the Christmas mood. :lol:

soul source url
Posted

I've opened some chocolate liquers to get me in the Christmas mood. :lol:

Ah, Kev, your post reminded me of me mam. No longer here unfortunately.

Peter

soul source url
Posted

Artie Fullilove.

Good job I could guess which Artie Fullilove tune it would be...... :wicked:

soul source url
Posted

LOL

:lol:

soul source url
Posted

He nearly had the Wrath of Paul then me thinks lol

soul source url
Posted

Goodwill to all men Mr C. :lol:

soul source url
Posted

I'll always see the 100's Club when I hear The Soulful Twins - Can't Let You Go on Sable

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Early start for me tomorrow, so I'll pop this one in now!

Bobby Womack - "I'm gonna forget about you" on Liberty

Dave

Edited by Dave Harrison

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Got this on Buddah - proper tune x

soul source url
Posted

Got this on standard MGM issue - soooo underplayed, infact i'm gonna play it out on Friday, you've inspired me!

soul source url
Posted

Bobby Foster Where Do You Go-selectohits

Just great !!

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

I'll always see the 100's Club when I hear The Soulful Twins - Can't Let You Go on Sable

I love this tune, so much so I posted it a while back. :thumbsup:

Good enough to keep getting posted every month or so though I reckon!

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Got this on Buddah - proper tune x

Got this on standard MGM issue - soooo underplayed, infact i'm gonna play it out on Friday, you've inspired me!

Ady, if you suffer from Alzheimers, let me apologize now, 'sorry' - BUT.... I'm sure I remember pointing out the posting rules at least once or twice over the past few weeks....

WTF IS IT YOU'VE POSTED?!! - Do the words 'work' 'firewall' 'mobile' jog your memory at all? For what I hope is the last time this year (peace and goodwill to all men eh KevH?!)

NOT EVERYONE CAN SEE THE VIDEO CLIPS! PLEASE MAKE A SMALL POST WITH THE TITLE AND ARTIST AND A REASON FOR YOUR CHOICE, FOLLOWED BY A SECOND POST WITH THE CLIP!

Merry freakin' Christmas!

:lol: :lol:

Edited by MrC

soul source url
Posted

Well, I seem to be a bit buggered by the rules - and the company firewall - myself today!

I'm hoping this is another great record that's about to drop through the door (Thanks Des Parker!) - and I know it's just an mp3 not a video (Hope that's allowed) - AND I can't actually listen to it, and I know there's a slow version too... so fingers crossed tthis is the right one!

:D

Donald Height - Three Hundred and Sixty Five Days on Shout

soul source url
Posted

Mighty Clouds of Joy- Time

Too cheap to be played out I suppose

soul source url
Posted (edited)
Edited by Kegsy

soul source url
Posted

Ady, if you suffer from Alzheimers, let me apologize now, 'sorry' - BUT.... I'm sure I remember pointing out the posting rules at least once or twice over the past few weeks....

WTF IS IT YOU'VE POSTED?!! - Do the words 'work' 'firewall' 'mobile' jog your memory at all? For what I hope is the last time this year (peace and goodwill to all men eh KevH?!)

NOT EVERYONE CAN SEE THE VIDEO CLIPS! PLEASE MAKE A SMALL POST WITH THE TITLE AND ARTIST AND A REASON FOR YOUR CHOICE, FOLLOWED BY A SECOND POST WITH THE CLIP!

Yup that's the Wrath of Paul just knew he was ont simmer n ready to blow!!!! Everyone Duck !!! Lol

soul source url
Posted

nothing is ever to cheap to play out Kegsy if its good its good go for it lad!!!

soul source url
Posted

Hehe, it never occured to me MrC - i just quoted a post someone else had put up.

The first was Doris Troy 'I'll Do Anything He Want's Me To Do' on Mojo (mine's on Buddah or Karma Sutra, can't remember), the second was Spyder Turner 'I Just Can't Make It Anymore' on yellow MGM special DJ record which i such a fantastic tune which you hardly ever hear played out (Mine's the stock copy)

Catch you later

Ady

soul source url
Posted (edited)

bloody computers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Kegsy

soul source url
Posted

Innit!?

soul source url
Posted

All giddy this morning as I've just bagged along time want,we all know that feeling.So I'll be sat waiting for the postie to arrive with my little gem.If you love a girlie dancer this is the baby for you :thumbup: :thumbup:

SHADES OF JADE-WHY DOES IT FEEL SO RIGHT DORE

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Mighty Clouds of Joy- Time

Too cheap to be played out I suppose

Kegsy

No such thing as "to cheap"........kin great tune gedit played,people need to hear more stuff like this :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Guest profile photo