Thanks, But No Thanks - General Crook wand

Really rate he's voice

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Great tune from the wonderful Lamond Dozier today.

"Can't get off untill the feeling stops"

Dave

I've been hearing quite a bit of lamont Dozier played out just lately marvellous Dave

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Huge oldie from me today - well worth a spin in our record of the day room. It was huge in the late 70's when I first got going - always liked it and still think it's a great soul/dance record. It's a proper cheapy too - quite a few presses I think. Was it booted?

Fantastic Johnny C - Don't Depend on Me

Peter

:thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Great soul side Dave

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Thanks, But No Thanks - General Crook wand

Really rate he's voice

Great stuff Andy. I agree he has a great voice.

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest MrC profile photo
Posted (edited)

Huge oldie from me today - well worth a spin in our record of the day room. It was huge in the late 70's when I first got going - always liked it and still think it's a great soul/dance record. It's a proper cheapy too - quite a few presses I think. Was it booted?

Peter

Always loved it, still love it, still play it out. just a beautiful record.

:thumbup:

Edited by MrC

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Paul Williams of the Temptations Once you had a heart another CD only track played it as my last track in Prestatyn modern room and someone came up and said why are you playing shit like this!!

Edited by smudger

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Paul Williams of the Temptations Once you had a heart another CD only track played it as my last track in Prestatyn modern room and someone came up and said why are you playing shit like this!!

Did you tell em to feck off? :wicked:

Not heard this before - wonderful soul music.

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've been waiting 12 weeks for this 99c no bids m- ... It arrived this am and I still gave the fella pos+ feed back :lol:

"‹ Spencer Wiggins - Lonely Man - Gold Wax (demo)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've been waiting 12 weeks for this 99c no bids m- ... It arrived this am and I still gave the fella pos+ feed back :lol:

"‹ Spencer Wiggins - Lonely Man - Gold Wax (demo)

A bargain worth waiting for Richie.

:huh:

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Talking of internet purchases, i came soooo close to owning this last night - maybe next time.

Rhonda Davis, Can You Remember

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

After a week of severe man flu, just played this to cheer mesell up:

Michelle Wiley:Feels Good;20th Cent (bought from Rod at the aphlex about 10 years ago):

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

After a week of severe man flu, just played this to cheer mesell up:

Michelle Wiley:Feels Good;20th Cent (bought from Rod at the aphlex about 10 years ago):

Love that Mick - new to me.

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

the main ingredient / magic shoes

rca records

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Peter

Peter ,got a lovely White Phi L.A. of Soul white demo off Dave Pinch on SS , quite hard to get on demo I believe , cracking record though !

Love both side 'Waiting for the Rain' is pretty good too imho.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Peter ,got a lovely White Phi L.A. of Soul white demo off Dave Pinch on SS , quite hard to get on demo I believe , cracking record though !

Ay up mate.

Mm, not sure if I've ever flipped it or not - can't remember. Just playing it now - great voice and a good dancer too.

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Just got this a couple of weeks ago , again off SS , nice minty demo

JAMES WALSH GYPSY BAND - CUZ IT'S YOU GIRL - RCA

Enjoy

Swifty :thumbsup:

Edited by SWIFTY

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Just got this a couple of weeks ago , again off SS , nice minty demo

JAMES WALSH GYPSY BAND - CUZ IT'S YOU GIRL - RCA

Enjoy

Great record Swifty

Sir Dickie original spin from memory whilst also being a big play for Adam. Did James Walsh do owt else? Anyone know owt about em?

Peter

Edited by Peter99

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Peter,Swifty

My preferred side of two great sides :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Great record Swifty

Sir Dickie original spin from memory whilst also being a big play for Adam. Did James Walsh do owt else? Anyone know owt about em?

Peter

always liked it Peter and bit the bullet , dont usually spend that much on a record , usually try and keep max. £30 ish but Hey Ho !

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Thought we haven't had a stomper for awhile so here's a proper little mover.Not that well known but has had some turntable action & should have more imo.

Forris Woods-Stoned On Love Abbott

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Thought we haven't had a stomper for awhile so here's a proper little mover.Not that well known but has had some turntable action & should have more imo.

Forris Woods-Stoned On Love Abbott

Yep, that's all right Martyn. Nice, steppy little mover.

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I'm sorry about this , overplayed oldie to some people but it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up ! :yes:

Just recently got a nice clean copy , which is not easy nowadays , well not any I've seen.

BILLY BUTLER - RIGHT TRACK - OKEH

Turn it up !!!!!

promise last one for today :g:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I'm sorry about this , overplayed oldie to some people but it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up ! :yes:

Just recently got a nice clean copy , which is not easy nowadays , well not any I've seen.

Turn it up !!!!!

Swifty

Re-leaved my brother of his UK Soul City copy many years ago,wouldn't part with it at any price.

Classic is an over used term but this deffo fits the bill.

If you take away all the baggage that comes with some of the tunes we turn our nose up at........"The Snake"......Love,Love,Love.........The Flasher & hundreds of others you care to mention,they are brilliant northern tunes.Wish I could discover anything half as good now that has never been played or known of?

Cheers

Martyn

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Swifty

Re-leaved my brother of his UK Soul City copy many years ago,wouldn't part with it at any price.

Classic is an over used term but this deffo fits the bill.

If you take away all the baggage that comes with some of the tunes we turn our nose up at........"The Snake"......Love,Love,Love.........The Flasher & hundreds of others you care to mention,they are brilliant northern tunes.Wish I could discover anything half as good now that has never been played or known of?

Cheers

Martyn

Totally agree with you Martyn , played 'The Flasher' the other night at Swift Towers and it went down a storm with me & Mrs. Swift :lol: , always loved ' Love, Love, Love' and still play it at home LOUD ! I don't think there can be many tunes left to find or discover that you will still remember in 30 years time (if we're still about :wicked: )

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

It's certainly a classic northern soul record - it's not something I've ever been mad about. But, Billy Butler, has a great voice and has made some stunning soul records.

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Brilliant tune, just love it! Been in my box since I was a boy.

Clydie King - 'Bout Love - Lizard

gary

Edited by gazman

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Nice record Gary , like most, sounds awesome loud !

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Totally agree with you Martyn , played 'The Flasher' the other night at Swift Towers and it went down a storm with me & Mrs. Swift :lol: , always loved ' Love, Love, Love' and still play it at home LOUD ! I don't think there can be many tunes left to find or discover that you will still remember in 30 years time (if we're still about :wicked: )

Swifty

I'll not mention the dj but someone played "The Flasher" at the last Tadcaster night & it sounded really good & we all said you could see why it was massive.One of the lads came out with abit of info I never knew..........British only,never had a US release?

Cheers

Martyn

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

It's certainly a classic northern soul record - it's not something I've ever been mad about. But, Billy Butler, has a great voice and has made some stunning soul records.

Peter

Peter , each to their own matey , that's what makes our scene different , although when the Instrumental bit kicks in at 1.08 ish :g: Still gives me that funny , nice feeling :rofl:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just couldn't resist...............MISTURA THE FLASHER :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkKU1sZClEc

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Peter , each to their own matey , that's what makes our scene different , although when the Instrumental bit kicks in at 1.08 ish :g: Still gives me that funny , nice feeling :rofl:

Absolutely Swifty.

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I'm trying Martyn, honestly!

:D LOL

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Martyn , just dug my copy out and it looks like an Import on Fusion Records 1975 pale Blue label unless that's a boot ????

Great record though !

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Great record Swifty

Peter

hi peter , great tune, had a look on discogs , only one album and two singles as the james walsh gypsy band , came out first on f and e records , then rca.if you google james walsh gypsy band plenty of info and photos.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

hi peter , great tune, had a look on discogs , only one album and two singles as the james walsh gypsy band , came out first on f and e records , then rca.if you google james walsh gypsy band plenty of info and photos.

Bet the first issue is quite hard to find

Edited by SWIFTY

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ah, thanks for taking the time to look mate. That F and E release must be quite tough then. I'll have a mess about on google later.

Cheers buddy.

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Bet the first issue is quite hard to find

You just pipped me mate - that'll be Swifty then.

:D

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

James Walsh recorded as Gypsy prior to the James Walsh Gypsy band.

Recorded Gypsy - Need you baby - RCA, which I think is a pretty good tune. only clip I can find is copy on JM's site.

gary

Edited by gazman

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

You just pipped me mate - that'll be Swifty then.

:D

Peter

Yup ! Swift by name , Swift by nature !!! yeh Right

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo