Guest Gazfunk

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Gazfunk

Nope - didn't want to get too bogged down in asking him questions about Rodriguez :thumbsup: Though I'm going to see Rodriguez tomorrow night so I might get a chance to ask him directly!! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

he gave a good account of himself in the motown studios when we were there as part of kevs chicago soul tour, great discussion and a few autographs too, has anyone read his book.... a great read

Social source share

• 1 year later...

his blog is tremendous, he certainly dosn't disguise the fact that he loved being part of/working with the funks, and on so many hits, he introduced originality, particularly the effects he acquired, including wah wah, echoplex and fuzztone. he refers in particular to cloud nine and ball of confusion...you can identify his trademark here, but they are just examples of the enormous amount of work he collaberated on. i don't possess the book..i assume the many anecdotes he is currently relating, must be in there, either way it's fascinating that he can recall so much, his mind as sharp as a knife. love the record catalogue as well, so many northernesque "hits" to his and mike theodore's credit......and a big thumbs up to the man as it's also his birthday today.....congratulations dennis, and a continued long life to you!  :thumbsup:  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

he gave a good account of himself in the motown studios when we were there as part of kevs chicago soul tour, great discussion and a few autographs too, has anyone read his book.... a great read

Great book, as muso biographies go, I won a signed one off Big Daddy in the 90s, for whom he did a great in-depth interview.]

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!