Buying / Selling On Gemm

I'm going to be selling off a couple of thousand swing / R&B / Acid Jazz / Real house / garage 12s etc ( Thinning down and want to concentrate on soul 45s / 12s LPs :ohmy: ) and might do it thru a ebay shop or GEMM . Having never used GEMM whats peoples opinions on buying or selling on GEMM? Never used it myself but would welcome a few pointers / views . Otherwise its the bay....

ATB

Rich

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm going to be selling off a couple of thousand swing / R&B / Acid Jazz / Real house / garage 12s etc ( Thinning down and want to concentrate on soul 45s / 12s LPs :lol: ) and might do it thru a ebay shop or GEMM . Having never used GEMM whats peoples opinions on buying or selling on GEMM? Never used it myself but would welcome a few pointers / views . Otherwise its the bay....

ATB

Rich

Bought a couple of times on GEMM, had no problem with them. Keep you informed about delivering and about spam gives you E:Mail addres if not sure of sertain mail. :ohmy:

Annie

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Thanks both. Will check / research em out . Need to shift this vinyl!!!! Ebay I guess is the most well known -tho GEMM does look more expensive in fees.... Thats if I can get my head round the info..

Cheers

Rich

Gemm is fine it adds it's fee (15%) on top of what you list the item for then take it directly from the buyer. You do not have to pay them directly. Listing is free no matter how many items you have.

Derek

Social source share

I'm going to be selling off a couple of thousand swing / R&B / Acid Jazz / Real house / garage 12s etc ( Thinning down and want to concentrate on soul 45s / 12s LPs :P ) and might do it thru a ebay shop or GEMM . Having never used GEMM whats peoples opinions on buying or selling on GEMM? Never used it myself but would welcome a few pointers / views . Otherwise its the bay....

ATB

Rich

gemm are great to buy off, keep you well informed and also have a good feedback system for dodgy dealers or buyers, beware "thursdays" truly barking mad :yes:

Social source share

I'm going to be selling off a couple of thousand swing / R&B / Acid Jazz / Real house / garage 12s etc ( Thinning down and want to concentrate on soul 45s / 12s LPs :P ) and might do it thru a ebay shop or GEMM . Having never used GEMM whats peoples opinions on buying or selling on GEMM? Never used it myself but would welcome a few pointers / views . Otherwise its the bay....

ATB

Rich

used gemm originally a few years ago to buy stuff, seem to remember buying a 45 priced at $25plus whatever p/p, so I went to the travel agents got the $25 plus p/p in cash wrapped it well, posted it to gemm in the states, waited about a week, and got my record through my door, all the way from burton which is 15 miles from where i live (moral of this story read all that is written in the sales bit :yes: )

Social source share

Not being funny Rich but phew shifting a few thoussand 12's via Gemm is gonna take you a long long time. I mean even if you stuck 10 a day on Gemm, call it 100 a week it would still take you at that rate 10-20 weeks just to list them all. Then you gotta pack them all up and mail the buggers. What you gonna do with the ones that don't sell? Is there a demand for the stuff you've got? I mean are you looking at a fiver plus each? Obviously they're your records and its your time an effort - good luck.

I know a mate of mine had approx a 1000 late 80s to early 90s Chicago house 12's, he collected full label runs of all of those tiny little indies. Legend has it he was buying the only copy that was imported into Bradford at the time. Nobody else was obsessively buying up all the flop releases. Anyway he was wanting to shift them all off in one go about mid 90s and asked if I could help. That big shop in Birmingham (forget the name now) offered him a straight grand for them. He was disgusted - what a quid each? - he was thinking more like a fiver each ie five grand. I said yeah but where else you gonna shift them all in one go, that grand would get you two a nice holiday. He declined their offer and the records are still gathering dust in his spare room. Its just a thought, derek

Social source share

Not being funny Rich but phew shifting a few thoussand 12's via Gemm is gonna take you a long long time. I mean even if you stuck 10 a day on Gemm, call it 100 a week it would still take you at that rate 10-20 weeks just to list them all. Then you gotta pack them all up and mail the buggers. What you gonna do with the ones that don't sell? Is there a demand for the stuff you've got? I mean are you looking at a fiver plus each? Obviously they're your records and its your time an effort - good luck.

I know a mate of mine had approx a 1000 late 80s to early 90s Chicago house 12's, he collected full label runs of all of those tiny little indies. Legend has it he was buying the only copy that was imported into Bradford at the time. Nobody else was obsessively buying up all the flop releases. Anyway he was wanting to shift them all off in one go about mid 90s and asked if I could help. That big shop in Birmingham (forget the name now) offered him a straight grand for them. He was disgusted - what a quid each? - he was thinking more like a fiver each ie five grand. I said yeah but where else you gonna shift them all in one go, that grand would get you two a nice holiday. He declined their offer and the records are still gathering dust in his spare room. Its just a thought, derek

Absolutley true Derek. I think theres a fair amount I can sell individually - but I will put some some up in lots etc. You know how it is when these things accumalate....

Ebay'ing lots is probably the best option for the bulk - Even decent 12s I've seen sell for nowt or remain un-sold..

Shop in Brum - Hard To Find records I think.

When's the next SOS out?

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!