Disc Centres

Guest billinghamsoulboy

Guest billinghamsoulboy

hi,i am new to collecting vinyl after years of buying soul cd's,is there anywere i can buy record centres, as a lot of 45's have the middle pushed out,thanks :yes:

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi,i am new to collecting vinyl after years of buying soul cd's,is there anywere i can buy record centres, as a lot of 45's have the middle pushed out,thanks :P

Hi mate,

think you will find all American discs have no centres and one's made in Great Britain have although some centres are pushed for juke box purposes, try Covers33 think they had them last time I looked,

Lenny :yes:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

:P Always take mine with me have machiened Ally ones slightly smaller, seen some bad cracks in records caused by tight fitting centers :yes:

i always take a set as well ... but i always give them away . luckily being a cnc turner i don;t have the problem and just make another set lolol

Davie

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

:yes: Always take mine with me have machiened Ally ones slightly smaller, seen some bad cracks in records caused by tight fitting centers :P

Lost a Sam Fletcher and a Bessy Banks in just that way :angry:

As they say in the great Hill St Blues "Lets Be Careful Out There"

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

every though of selling them on here? you could sell them inpairs nows the time

tried it before to anyone who was interested ...now i just make em for myself or mates

Social source share

i always take a set as well ... but i always give them away . luckily being a cnc turner i don;t have the problem and just make another set lolol

Davie

They're good too. That good some bastard stole mine.

This style can be used with Styrene

d6_1_b.JPG

Avoid using the black T style as illustrated here

e8_2.JPG

Social source share

huh.gif Always take mine with me have machiened Ally ones slightly smaller, seen some bad cracks in records caused by tight fitting centers wub.gif

cracks caused by tight fitting centres-hmmm are some people fitting the centre with a Hydraulic Press????...I've seen some DJ Gear, but..

........I recall dropping a metal (turned) centre on my Mary Love '45-it was bloody heavy!!!! :shades:

Social source share

cracks caused by tight fitting centres-hmmm are some people fitting the centre with a Hydraulic Press????...I've seen some DJ Gear, but..

i've had this problem a couple of times - well i didnt crack any records but they were tight fitting so when it happened in the end i just plonk the old records on the decks without a middle

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

for those of a yorkshire nature Beatin' Rhythm in Manchester has some funky red plastic dome middles at (wait for it...) 50p each. Being the big hitter that I am I bought 2 naturally. cheers, derek

You go carefull my friend, you will have people thinking you are loaded :thumbsup:

Social source share

at the moment my time is taken up doing real work ... bits for wheelchairs ...if i ever get time i might make some more

Davie

I do hope you get time Davie, in the meantime a wheelchair could prove helpful to my adversion to walking ph34r.gif

Social source share

Right enough leave him alone he is helping the disable.. did you know i'm 90% deaf in one ear

That doesn't qualify you for a wheelchair or disc centres :yes::P

Social source share

at the moment my time is taken up doing real work ... bits for wheelchairs ...if i ever get time i might make some more

Davie

I know someone in a wheelchair he likes to play his records but aint got a centre he,s already got his wheelchair so says you can make record centres now :lol::lol::P:P

HB shades.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!