Soul Or Nothing..sat 11th Feb

Cool off presents..

Soul Or Nothing...Sat 11th Feb..

Black Lion hotel... Chapel Street,Salford. just off Deansgate.....

2 mins from Manchester city center..

Change of venue due to the closing down of 14 Loyd Street..

Style...

60/70s...Rare.Northern/crossover/beat ballads/RnB

djs....

Jumpin Joan

Adam Leaver

Karl Rhodes...

Guest djs..

Liam Quinn...Belfast soul club...

Rich Buckley...Soulville Leeds...

Dan..Soul source regular..

7pm to 2am...£4 members before 9pm......£5 others....No entry after 11.30....If you are coming later then text me or call,you can then be let in after this time...

A smaller venue than Loyd Street..Come early to get a seat...

contact..stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk.....Mobile.....07752084878 web..www.cooloff..net

free membership available on the door...Contact me....

Edited by little-stevie
  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Cool off presents..

Soul Or Nothing.....

Black Lion hotel... Chapel Street,Salford. just off Deansgate.....

2 mins from Manchester city center..

Hey Steve, great news, so glad you've got a new venue so quickly :thumbsup: Not sure if I can play out that night though but I'm sure it'll be a cracking night for you :yes:

Cheers Mandy..

This venue for Feb is just to keep the flow after the closure of Loyd Street...I hope to have news soon of a regular new venue with a very late bar indeed :( ...This will keep the North East boys happy and Harry away from Canal Street.. :P ..Hope to have news in a couple of weeks...Can people please email me if they need any directions or other details.....

steve

The Black Lion is on the corner of Black Friers/Chapel street just off city center/Deansgate down the Cathedral end of Deangate....Had a chat with the manager today and they said there is free parking on the street after 7pm,also parking behind the Black Lion...Will sort out a map in the next day or so...Hope to see a few of you along there this Sat..If you are coming or know of others coming then please forward these details about the venue change...

Thanks

steve.....

SOUL or NOTHING

at the

BLACK LION HOTEL (Corner of Blackfriars / Chapel St) off Deansgate, Manchester

resident dj's

karl rhodes . adam leaver . jumpin joan

and SPECIAL guests

LIAM QUINN ** DAN COLLINS ** RICH BUCKLEY

7pm - 2am . £5 otd

SOUL or NOTHING

THE ONLY THING DIFFERENT IS THE VENUE!!

can't bloody wait!

Who's up for this then.

If you've never been before then get your arse along . The music , the people and the crack is absolutley top draw.

We took a car down from the North East last month and it was one the best soul nights that I've ever attended (honestly). Real Soul music for likeminded people !

Keep it up Steve

Edited by ZTSC
Guest THE BRIGADIER

post-3349-1139416906_thumb.jpg

Cheers Mandy..

This venue for Feb is just to keep the flow after the closure of Loyd Street...I hope to have news soon of a regular new venue with a very late bar indeed :huh: ...This will keep the North East boys happy and Harry away from Canal Street.. :thumbsup: ..Hope to have news in a couple of weeks...Can people please email me if they need any directions or other details.....

steve

Steady steve!! :ohmy: anyway got me off the the street for a while, i think there was one bloke by the way he was looking at me was fancy'in giving me a wanker.gif .I hope this new venue comes off Steve, really looking forword to it, might have to bring the Mrs to look after me if its late drinking though wacko.gif:huh:

Harry

really looking forward to this steve

not been anywhere soul-wise for a few months and nice of you to ask me to play some records ohmy.gif

i apologise in advance for the played-out oldies, records-i-think-are-newies-but-are-actually-played-out-oldies and c/ups which turn out to be 'beat ballads' by dean martin and johnny cash :ohmy:

nice to put a few names to soul-source faces if any are going from here. i'll be the one who looks a bit like brad pitt and stands in the corner boring on about politics and conspiracy theories.

dan

I think most will be in the corner with you whistling.gif ..The girls are in for a treat..This mans got the looks,the charm and can talk you into dropping your knickers..Glad to have you on mate,i will bring a mop,there could be a wet patch or too :thumbup: ..

I'd like to point out that the above comments by Mr Cato are a touch sarcastic. I do look a bit like Brad Pitt, but only inasmuch as I have two arms, two legs and a head. That, sadly, is about it :unsure: .

Just a reminder about Soul or Nothing-don't forget the change of venue to the Black Lion, here's a map. As Steve says,it's a smaller venue so come early...ring Steve if you get lost 07752 084878 :D

Hey Sharron ..... am i the only one that thinks it's been ages since the last one?

Really looking forward to Saturday ..... gonna be a top night!

Yes the Black Lion is a smaller venue than Lloyd Street ..... but it's a great place with a real good feel to it ... with probably the nicest landlord and staff i think i've ever met.

Soul or Nothing isn't a venue ..... it's Steve Cato & every single one of us involved ..... wether that be dancer or dj .... listener or pirate! :lol:

Gonna be some awesome music played ..... CAN'T WAIT shades.gif

Yep, looking forward to spinning a few here, some nice, new, juicy bits to play!! Should be there late afternoon with "Debut Dan Collins" to have a few gentle scoops shades.gif

That if you can make it out of bed this weekend :lol::D

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Been a little poorly this week but this is such a cracking nite gonna try and twist the mrs arm to have nite out west side, hope to be there Steve, i'll be intouch :D

Darlington Harry

post-3349-1139597006_thumb.jpg

Darlington Harry

Harry have we met before at the New Century nights?? i was the wee Irish guy who came over? there was probably 20 Harrys there but i remember meeting a Harry who was a nice chap..

Are you sure it wasn't Canal Street where you bumped into him?

Cos that definitely would've been our Harry :yes: (sorry Harry .... can't help myself)

Really looking forward to meeting you at long last Liam .....

Just hope Darlington Harry can drag himself away from the tow path long enough to make an appearance :unsure:

Cant make it tonight. It's hubbys & Harry's next door neighbours birthdays (Ewan & Debbie) & we have all booked to go for a meal in Darlington. Really sad it has clashed, hope it is a good one. All the Darlington lot have promised to come down for one, so I'll see if they are up for the March one.

Ewan said last night that Harry has been really poorly this week, too much partying with gay people if you ask me :unsure: .

See you all in March

Kirstyx

Ewan said last night that Harry has been really poorly this week, too much partying with gay people if you ask me :ohmy: .

Kirsty .... I've told him i don't know how many times .... it's too cold to be hanging around that canal this time of year .... especially wearing nothing but a smile ..... :unsure:

Bummer (sorry) you can't make this one .... you'll be missed for sure!

See you soon ....... and be good Harry :yes:

Kirsty .... I've told him i don't know how many times .... it's too cold to be hanging around that canal this time of year .... especially wearing nothing but a smile ..... :yes:

Bummer (sorry) you can't make this one .... you'll be missed for sure!

See you soon ....... and be good Harry :unsure:

Off line from now..If you want any info/directions then call me on 07752084878..Have a good weekend..

steve....Soul Or Nothing

T'WERE A TOP NIGHT .....S

SHAME A FEW REGS COULDN'T MAKE IT BUT IT GOT BUZZING THE SPIRIT SURVIVES AND SOON IT WILL HAVE A NEW PERMANENT HOME............IT WAS MIGHTY FINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS ALWAYS ENDED TOO SOON.............TOP SETS FROM KARL,JOAN DAN COLLINS .....TOP MAN.....MR BUCKLEY .....LITTLE RICHARD........LIAM 'THE BELFASST BOY' IF I'VE MISSED ANYONE....A THOUSAND APOLOGIES...............IT'S A LUV THANG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS MUM..DRIVE SAFELY.....................ETC..........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BEARSOUL.... :unsure:thumbsup.gif:ohmy:

Well what can i say .... it was TOP!

Had an absolute ball ..... got some cracking photo's too ... will post them tomorrow with a play list.

Just had to say big thanks to Liam .... what a belting lad ... wish he wasn't so damn youthful ... but apart from that :unsure:

Our man Rich .... never disappoints .... always top .... tonite he was every bit as good to watch as he was to listen to! Your little trip to the dancefloor during your spot was the funniest thing i've seen in ages! thumbsup.gif

Last but no means least ... Dan Collins .... fantastic spot fella .... amazing records ... dead nice guy too ... well impressed! :ohmy:

Karl played a blinder as always ... so too Little Richard ....

Well done Steve .... he worked like a trooper just so tonite could go ahead .... so big thanks from everyone for all you hard work ...

and now after three ..... 1 ... 2 ... 3... ....... "It was a losing life ...." :wave:

thanks joan, nice to meet you too, and chris (bearsoul) and to put face to other soul source names (richard bergman, reg, liam from belfast, sorry if i've forgotten anyone).

enjoyed myself tremendously, not often you get chance to share your records and it's a good laugh, if a bit nerve wracking.

about three hours sleep listening to buckley snoring and talking in his sleep (in the next bed i hasten to add).

well done steve for getting the venue at such short notice :thumbsup:

Edited by Dan

Absolutely amazing! what can i say the people, the music, the atmosphere everything was just spot on! and then some... I will be back v soon!! great meeting you Joan you are truly the most soulful lady i've ever met! Dan i'm never playing after you again!! heehee you were brilliant man!.... Karl your set was second to none that cover up is a belter.. Richie your a gentleman and your set was pure class (cheers for playin the Chysler and monarchs and the Bobby Hutton!! )... Steve thanks for chance to play a few records, your the man!

Liam

ps sorry if i missed out anyone..now that i think about it.. Bearsoul great to see you again... to all the rest loads of soul from your Celtic soul brother

Absolutely amazing! what can i say the people, the music, the atmosphere everything was just spot on! and then some... I will be back v soon!! great meeting you Joan you are truly the most soulful lady i've ever met! Dan i'm never playing after you again!! heehee you were brilliant man!.... Karl your set was second to none that cover up is a belter.. Richie your a gentleman and your set was pure class (cheers for playin the Chysler and monarchs and the Bobby Hutton!! )... Steve thanks for chance to play a few records, your the man!

Liam

ps sorry if i missed out anyone..now that i think about it.. Bearsoul great to see you again... to all the rest loads of soul from your Celtic soul brother

GREAT TO SEE YOU LIAM AND GREAT TUNES...........SO ARE WE ALL INVITED TO BELFAST THEN ?? I'VE NOT BEEN FOR YEARS..TOP PLACE...

CHEERS CHRIS M :lol: