Mr. Lucky - He's Arrived

Pete S

Just to let anyone interested know that I have got this record in my hands now and the crack is absolutely minimal. yes it does have a small crack but it cannot be heard at all. It has some general wear and tear and is still a nice VG++. John Manship only knows to 2 other copies. I know to one other. Any of you who get my regular lists will know that I never put stuff up for offers unless I have absolutely no idea of the price but I don't really see a way round selling this one as I've got 3 people after it already and how do you say yes to one and no to the others? Anyway, that's the lowdown on it...John reckons if mint it would have been 4 grand!!!

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pete

i know of Mick Smith and Dickie Watt thats 2 and someone said Butch had it

Hi My top want......Butch has a copy seen it played had hold of the tune but unless its less than a tenth of the price of one without any sort of crack I'm not interested...Good luck everyone.Stevie Z
Social source share

Hi My top want......Butch has a copy seen it played had hold of the tune but unless its less than a tenth of the price of one without any sort of crack I'm not interested...Good luck everyone.Stevie Z

It's over 1700 quid already mate. If it were my top want I'd buy it even if it stank of cheese every time I played it. When I collected properly I kept turning down records because they weren't quite mint and now I kick myself as to what I turned down, so nowadays if I see something I want I buy it, whatever the condition. Thats not a sales pitch to you by the way, just saying that I lived to regret not buying certain items and they have never been offered again. Even worse is when I've sold things, thinking I'd get them again easy, and still not seen another one!

Social source share

It's over 1700 quid already mate. If it were my top want I'd buy it even if it stank of cheese every time I played it. When I collected properly I kept turning down records because they weren't quite mint and now I kick myself as to what I turned down, so nowadays if I see something I want I buy it, whatever the condition. Thats not a sales pitch to you by the way, just saying that I lived to regret not buying certain items and they have never been offered again. Even worse is when I've sold things, thinking I'd get them again easy, and still not seen another one!
Pete when I posted my top want a few weeks ago I bet a few on here did not know it........I hope the record hits whatever it satisfies for the purchaser....I DO NOT BUY CRACKED RECORDS.Unless about the tenth of the value.........the cracks gonna get worse,so I've been told.........I offered Mick £2500 5 years ago,so I know how rare this is .GOOD LUCK Stevie Z
Social source share

Guest Trevski

I'd love it, even with a crack! Too much for me tho'! :yes: Have seen a crack successfully 'fixed' by just touching the edge with a soldering iron, or similar hot object. Welds the start of the crack together which prevents it flexing and getting worse. :thumbsup:

PS is it me, or does it start off just like Thelma Lindsey's "Why weren't you there"

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

the cracks gonna get worse,so I've been told........

the crack's barely visible and it isn't going to get any worse, anyway have you got some kind of x-ray vision or sommat :yes: you're able to see records from 200 miles away

I'd love it, even with a crack! Too much for me tho'! :yes: Have seen a crack successfully 'fixed' by just touching the edge with a soldering iron, or similar hot object. Welds the start of the crack together which prevents it flexing and getting worse. :thumbsup:

PS is it me, or does it start off just like Thelma Lindsey's "Why weren't you there"

Hot knife mate...works a treat

Social source share

You can't cure a crack by sealing the outer edge of the crack with a hot soldering iron. There's nothing to say the crack will not spread the other way with an unduly knock or pressure. I had Len Jewell with a small crack and it got worse over the years.

Like Pete says though damn rare record. I thought it would have gone for £1500 but as it's past that who knows now :thumbsup:

Social source share

i've done it by supergluing the reverse side along the crack. only problem is you have to make sure the grooves are in line or else you end up with a permanent tick, and that's harder than it sounds, and also you can never play the b side.

i think this should be fine pete - heard the soundclip, it's not like there's any distortion at the point of the crack. whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!