Mr Unlucky

Guest Martin Coleman

Guest Martin Coleman

Reading about Pete's super find has got me wondering about record hunting karma. Surely for every piece of good luck their must be an equivalent piece of bad? Being British, and thus craving disappointment, I wondered if anyone would like to share their own personal nightmares? Here's one to start: I found a Jerry Naylor - City Lights (Tower 162) in a 2nd hand shop for next to nothing. I rushed it home only to find that it had the b-side pressed on both sides!

(Apologies if the thread has been covered before).

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Reading about Pete's super find has got me wondering about record hunting karma. Surely for every piece of good luck their must be an equivalent piece of bad? Being British, and thus craving disappointment, I wondered if anyone would like to share their own personal nightmares? Here's one to start: I found a Jerry Naylor - City Lights (Tower 162) in a 2nd hand shop for next to nothing. I rushed it home only to find that it had the b-side pressed on both sides!

Hi Martin..Mr Lucky is not Petes find as I am sure he will admit..Are you meaning got it at last ?But the issue had the side you wanted etc?Stevie Z :thumbsup::yes:
Social source share

Guest Martin Coleman

Hi Martin..Mr Lucky is not Petes find as I am sure he will admit..Are you meaning got it at last ?But the issue had the side you wanted etc?Stevie Z whistling.gif:thumbsup:

Hi Steve,

OK, perhaps it was a poor choice of words. What I meant was that it is good that Pete has it to sell, and whoever buys it will likewise be very pleased. The question is, does this mean that somewhere else in the record buying universe some other unfortunate is doomed to an equal dose of bad fortune? (If they are, and if it was you, I'd like to know the details)

Social source share

Hi Steve,

OK, perhaps it was a poor choice of words. What I meant was that it is good that Pete has it to sell, and whoever buys it will likewise be very pleased. The question is, does this mean that somewhere else in the record buying universe some other unfortunate is doomed to an equal dose of bad fortune? (If they are, and if it was you, I'd like to know the details)

is this what your after, after a night out a record by silent majority stuck in my mind and after being told the title, b side, its on hot wax and worth a bit i could only remember the title of the other side, still worse for wear i went on gemm and bought four copies, all arrived without the track i wanted on the a side. Ive still got three copies left any buyers

also sold a box of 45,s to rob smith in notts, told him there were 150 in the box but when i counted them there were only 130, being "honest" i "packed out" the box with any stuff laying dormant in boxes including the then un wanted exportations and what hurts by grover mitchell blush.gif

Social source share

seem to remember buying "heaven is in your arms" admirations on paree with the not so good side on both sides (ok though i only bought ten copies blush.gif )

Social source share

Guest Martin Coleman

is this what your after, after a night out a record by silent majority stuck in my mind and after being told the title, b side, its on hot wax and worth a bit i could only remember the title of the other side, still worse for wear i went on gemm and bought four copies, all arrived without the track i wanted on the a side. Ive still got three copies left any buyers

also sold a box of 45,s to rob smith in notts, told him there were 150 in the box but when i counted them there were only 130, being "honest" i "packed out" the box with any stuff laying dormant in boxes including the then un wanted exportations and what hurts by grover mitchell blush.gif

Ah, fantastic! I can still feel your hurt. But it's good to share, right? Anybody else want to unburden themselves?

Social source share

Ah, fantastic! I can still feel your hurt. But it's good to share, right? Anybody else want to unburden themselves?

now youve started me off, ive just sold a british thing on e-bay, that i thought was crap, for a few quid to one of the top british collectors in the world, paranoid or what, i may never buy or sell another record again, sorry cant stop on here talking all night i need to decide what to do with all the teardrops records on saxony that appeared on lists a few years ago for a few quid (ive heard that some tw**s actually bought a few of them from the states thinking they may be able to make a few quid)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!