Midas Touch Records List 17 (february)

Chris Anderton

Hi Guys, Please note there is no sales CD for this list. Our personal disasters continued when we had the house broken into and both our cars stolen! Its been tough getting to work etc and I`d just like to say thanks to all customers whose order was delayed from the last list and who were extremely understanding regarding the situation. If you need to hear anything from the list then please give me a call at anytime. Don't forget you can now you can pay by credit card at no extra cost. If you don't have a paypal account just go to www.paypal.com and sign up, it's really easy. This has got to be the easiest way to pay, and to make sure you get your records quicker. I always try to grade records accurately although its impossible to play every record, that's why I offer a money back guarantee if not completely satisfied for any reason. Gradings are as follows; M-Faultless, probably unplayed, E- Very clean and a nice copy. VG - Used but plays through ok with some light noise, great for DJing with.

Please order ALL RECORDS by email, first come, first served, however if you need to call me please do so.(01283 536359) P&P is £1.30 for 1x 45 and £2.40 per LP, obviously cheaper if you buy more than one item. Please pay by cheque, cash, IMO or by using your credit card through www.paypal.com. PLEASE PAY WITHIN 7 DAYS or risk losing your reservation.IMPORTANT;WITH EVERY ORDER PLEASE INCLUDE A NOTE STATING EXACTLY WHICH RECORD YOU ARE ORDERING,THE RECORD NUMBER AND YOUR ADDRESS, FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DELAY YOUR ORDER .Please make all cheques out to C.Anderton and send to; C.Anderton, 1 Swan Court,Stapenhill Rd,Burton on trent,Staffs,DE15 9AY. Events wise, I`m very busy Djing this month, I`ll be spinning at the Ponds Forge Club in central Sheffield on February 10th, this is always a great night. The following night (11th) I`ll be playing 70s/crossover with a smattering of 60s at Calf heath club in the West mids. I`ll also be spinning at the Leicester all-nighter on February 18th at the starlite 2001 club, this is a great venue and I`ll be there along with Ginger Taylor,John Weston and others.The February Willington event will take place on February 18th.

. On with the list; 1.Larry Williams-This old heart(is so lonely)-Okeh WD E+75 (wonderful Chicago dancer....getting spins at last)2.Gene Chandler-Without you here-Curtom M 50(Wonderful Chicago crossover...superb) 3.Gino Washington-Girl here i am-Atac M- 200 (Detroit mega rarity....bargain price)4.Curtis Mayfield-Move on up-Curtom M 30 ( So hard to find a USA copy)5.Ray Scott and the Scotsmen-Love piled on top of love-Decca demo M 2006. Joshie Jo Armstead - I got vibes - The Gospel Truth M 257.Johnny Newbag - Got to get back - Atlantic M- 508.Pep Brown-I`m the one who loves you-Polydor WD E- 70 (Very indemand 70s dancer....not mint but plays great)9.Gordon Keith-Look ahead-Calumet E+ 6510. Anita Humes-What did I do-Roulette E 50 (Underplayed and under-rated oldie...so soulful)11.Bobby Garrett-I cant get away-Mirwood M 9012.The Isley Brothers-why when love is gone-Tamla M 2013.Maxine Brown - Am I falling in love - ABC E+5014.Razzy-I hate hate-Aquarian M- 1515.Eddie Kendricks - Date with the rain-Tamla E+ 50(Just gets bigger....awesome 70s soul dancer)16.Faye Crawford-What have I done-RCA WD E+85(Perfect midtempo....great double-sider) 17.Gene Stridel-Tomorrow is another day-Atlantic WD M- 5018.Linda Jones and Whatnauts-I`m so glad I found you-Stang E+2019.Patti Austin-Someones gonna cry-Coral YD M 100(very slight storage warp) 20.Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - I gotta let you go - Gordy M- 10 21.David Ruffin-You can come right back to me-Motown E+ 15 22.Tyrone Ashley-I cant put you down-Decca demo m 30 23.Virgil Henry - I can't believe you're really leaving - Tamla WD E+ 15 24.Hearts of stone-If I could give you the world-VIP WD E+ 25 (wol) 25. Bobby Bland-Shoes-Duke M- 25 26.The Brothers-Are you ready for this-RCA E+20 27.Marie Knight-To be loved by you-Addit M 80 28.Weapons of Peace - This life is bout to get me down - Playboy M- 15 29.Willie Hutch - Just another day-Motown E+ 830.Brenda Holloway-When I`m gone-Tamla M 1531.Roscoe Robinson - One Bo-dillion years - Sound Stage 7 M- 50(Great northern, getting played)32.Billy Mack-Son of a lover-Betty E 2033.Ruby Winters - Better - Diamond E+ 90(Sounding as good as ever...floorpacker!)34.Barbara Wells-Pretty boy-Coral YD M- 6035.Ben E King-Smooth sailing-Atlantic M- 2036.Billy Shields-I was a boy-Harbour M- 3037.Bobby Womack-Trust your heart-Columbia M- 1238.The Miracles - Way over there - Tamla VG+ 15(Plays ok for Djing)39.Mitty Collier - Pain - Chess E 3040.Margie Alexander-It cant last forever-Atlantic M- 5041.Freddie Houston-Chills and fever-Oldtown E 4042.The Miracles-Save me-Tamla E+ 643.The Four Shells-Reputation-Volt E 1544.Gladys Knight-Walk in my shoes-Soul M- 8(Still a floorpacker after all this time)45.Frank Lyndon-Don't go away baby-Uptown WD M 5046.The Parliaments - Don't be sore at me - Revilot M 1047.Garnett Mimms- Prove it to me-UA E 2048.Four Tees-One more chance-Kent WD M- 25 (Great crossover...set to soar)49.Mitch Ryder-Blessing in disguise-Dynavoice M 1050.Shirley Brown - I can't move no mountains - Arista WD M- 1551.Oscar Perry-Fool from the sticks-Backbeat E 1552.King Curtis-Foot Pattin-Atco WD M- 2053.Joe Tex-You better believe it baby-Dial E+ 1054.Vivian Copeland-He Knows my key (Mailbox) D`oro M- 2055.Kelly Bros-Crying days are over-Sims E 15 (wd label)56.The Kittens-Lookie lookie-Abc M- 35 (vg+15)57.Kim Morrison-one in a million-Malaco M 2558.Leon Haywood-Aint no use-Fat fish WD E 2059.The Continental four-The way I love you-Jaywalking M 2560. Marvin and Tammi-California soul-Tamla M 1061.Aretha Franklin-Integrity-Arista ps M 2062.The Modulations-I cant fight your love-Buddah E+ 25(So soulful....lead singer eats gravel for breakfast!!)63.Major Harris-Loving you is mellow-Atlantic M 2064.Bobby Foster - Where do you go - Select Hit M- 2065.David Ruffin-I wanna be with you-WB M- 2066.The Flirtations-Nothing but heartaches-Deram M- 1067.Bobby Bland-Getting used to the blues-Duke E+ 1068.Ben E King - Too bad - Atco E+ 15(Getting big plays)69.The Drifters-Baby what I mean-Atlantic E 1570.Ashford and Simpson-Have you ever tried it-WB E+ 10 (Old Albrighton spin for me...great tune)71.Carl Carlton - Wild child/Sure miss loving you - Back Beat M- 1572.Jackie Wilson and Lavern Baker - Think twice - Brunswick E 20

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

*****Email off list to chris.soul@btinternet.com*****

Hi Guys,

Please note there is no sales CD for this list. Our personal disasters continued when we had the house broken into and both our cars stolen! Its been tough getting to work etc and I`d just like to say thanks to all customers whose order was delayed from the last list and who were extremely understanding regarding the situation. If you need to hear anything from the list then please give me a call at anytime.

Don't forget you can now you can pay by credit card at no extra cost. If you don't have a paypal account just go to www.paypal.com and sign up, it's really easy. This has got to be the easiest way to pay, and to make sure you get your records quicker.

I always try to grade records accurately although its impossible to play every record, that's why I offer a money back guarantee if not completely satisfied for any reason. Gradings are as follows; M-Faultless, probably unplayed, E- Very clean and a nice copy. VG - Used but plays through ok with some light noise, great for DJing with.

Please order ALL RECORDS by email, first come, first served, however if you need to call me please do so.(01283 536359) P&P is £1.30 for 1x 45 and £2.40 per LP, obviously cheaper if you buy more than one item. Please pay by cheque, cash, IMO or by using your credit card through www.paypal.com. PLEASE PAY WITHIN 7 DAYS or risk losing your reservation.IMPORTANT;WITH EVERY ORDER PLEASE INCLUDE A NOTE STATING EXACTLY WHICH RECORD YOU ARE ORDERING,THE RECORD NUMBER AND YOUR ADDRESS, FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DELAY YOUR ORDER .Please make all cheques out to C.Anderton and send to; C.Anderton, 1 Swan Court,Stapenhill Rd,Burton on trent,Staffs,DE15 9AY.

Events wise, I`m very busy Djing this month, I`ll be spinning at the Ponds Forge Club in central Sheffield on February 10th, this is always a great night. The following night (11th) I`ll be playing 70s/crossover with a smattering of 60s at Calf heath club in the West mids. I`ll also be spinning at the Leicester all-nighter on February 18th at the starlite 2001 club, this is a great venue and I`ll be there along with Ginger Taylor,John Weston and others.The February Willington event will take place on February 18th.

On with the list;

1.Larry Williams-This old heart(is so lonely)-Okeh WD E+75

(wonderful Chicago dancer....getting spins at last)

2.Gene Chandler-Without you here-Curtom M 50

(Wonderful Chicago crossover...superb)

3.Gino Washington-Girl here i am-Atac M- 200

(Detroit mega rarity....bargain price)

4.Curtis Mayfield-Move on up-Curtom M 30

( So hard to find a USA copy)

5.Ray Scott and the Scotsmen-Love piled on top of love-Decca demo M 200

6. Joshie Jo Armstead - I got vibes - The Gospel Truth M 25

7.Johnny Newbag - Got to get back - Atlantic M- 50

8.Pep Brown-I`m the one who loves you-Polydor WD E- 70

(Very indemand 70s dancer....not mint but plays great)

9.Gordon Keith-Look ahead-Calumet E+ 65

10. Anita Humes-What did I do-Roulette E 50

(Underplayed and under-rated oldie...so soulful)

11.Bobby Garrett-I cant get away-Mirwood M 90

12.The Isley Brothers-why when love is gone-Tamla M 20

13.Maxine Brown - Am I falling in love - ABC E+50

14.Razzy-I hate hate-Aquarian M- 15

15.Eddie Kendricks - Date with the rain-Tamla E+ 50

(Just gets bigger....awesome 70s soul dancer)

16.Faye Crawford-What have I done-RCA WD E+85

(Perfect midtempo....great double-sider)

17.Gene Stridel-Tomorrow is another day-Atlantic WD M- 50

18.Linda Jones and Whatnauts-I`m so glad I found you-Stang E+20

19.Patti Austin-Someones gonna cry-Coral YD M 100

(very slight storage warp)

20.Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - I gotta let you go - Gordy M- 10

21.David Ruffin-You can come right back to me-Motown E+ 15

22.Tyrone Ashley-I cant put you down-Decca demo m 30

23.Virgil Henry - I can't believe you're really leaving - Tamla WD E+ 15

24.Hearts of stone-If I could give you the world-VIP WD E+ 25 (wol)

25. Bobby Bland-Shoes-Duke M- 25

26.The Brothers-Are you ready for this-RCA E+20

27.Marie Knight-To be loved by you-Addit M 80

28.Weapons of Peace - This life is bout to get me down - Playboy M- 15

29.Willie Hutch - Just another day-Motown E+ 8

30.Brenda Holloway-When I`m gone-Tamla M 15

31.Roscoe Robinson - One Bo-dillion years - Sound Stage 7 M- 50

(Great northern, getting played)

32.Billy Mack-Son of a lover-Betty E 20

33.Ruby Winters - Better - Diamond E+ 90

(Sounding as good as ever...floorpacker!)

34.Barbara Wells-Pretty boy-Coral YD M- 60

35.Ben E King-Smooth sailing-Atlantic M- 20

36.Billy Shields-I was a boy-Harbour M- 30

37.Bobby Womack-Trust your heart-Columbia M- 12

38.The Miracles - Way over there - Tamla VG+ 15

(Plays ok for Djing)

39.Mitty Collier - Pain - Chess E 30

40.Margie Alexander-It cant last forever-Atlantic M- 50

41.Freddie Houston-Chills and fever-Oldtown E 40

42.The Miracles-Save me-Tamla E+ 6

43.The Four Shells-Reputation-Volt E 15

44.Gladys Knight-Walk in my shoes-Soul M- 8

(Still a floorpacker after all this time)

45.Frank Lyndon-Don't go away baby-Uptown WD M 50

46.The Parliaments - Don't be sore at me - Revilot M 10

47.Garnett Mimms- Prove it to me-UA E 20

48.Four Tees-One more chance-Kent WD M- 25

(Great crossover...set to soar)

49.Mitch Ryder-Blessing in disguise-Dynavoice M 10

50.Shirley Brown - I can't move no mountains - Arista WD M- 15

51.Oscar Perry-Fool from the sticks-Backbeat E 15

52.King Curtis-Foot Pattin-Atco WD M- 20

53.Joe Tex-You better believe it baby-Dial E+ 10

54.Vivian Copeland-He Knows my key (Mailbox) D`oro M- 20

55.Kelly Bros-Crying days are over-Sims E 15 (wd label)

56.The Kittens-Lookie lookie-Abc M- 35 (vg+15)

57.Kim Morrison-one in a million-Malaco M 25

58.Leon Haywood-Aint no use-Fat fish WD E 20

59.The Continental four-The way I love you-Jaywalking M 25

60. Marvin and Tammi-California soul-Tamla M 10

61.Aretha Franklin-Integrity-Arista ps M 20

62.The Modulations-I cant fight your love-Buddah E+ 25

(So soulful....lead singer eats gravel for breakfast!!)

63.Major Harris-Loving you is mellow-Atlantic M 20

64.Bobby Foster - Where do you go - Select Hit M- 20

65.David Ruffin-I wanna be with you-WB M- 20

66.The Flirtations-Nothing but heartaches-Deram M- 10

67.Bobby Bland-Getting used to the blues-Duke E+ 10

68.Ben E King - Too bad - Atco E+ 15

(Getting big plays)

69.The Drifters-Baby what I mean-Atlantic E 15

70.Ashford and Simpson-Have you ever tried it-WB E+ 10

(Old Albrighton spin for me...great tune)

71.Carl Carlton - Wild child/Sure miss loving you - Back Beat M- 15

72.Jackie Wilson and Lavern Baker - Think twice - Brunswick E 20

73.The Manhattans-I betcha could`nt love me-Carnival E+ 15

74.Billy McGregor - Mr shy - Flash M 10

(Brilliant mid-tempo Chicago soul, other side good too)

75. The Tams - Untie me- Arlen M- 20

76.The Mighty Marvellows-Talkin bout ya baby-Abc E+20

77.Pat Clayton-Someone elses turn-Silver tip M- 50

78.Darrow Fletcher-Rising cost of love-Atlantic Demo E+ 25

79.Cody Black - Going going gone- Ramrock M 10

80.Debbie Taylor-Lets prove them wrong-GWP E+ 10

81.Johnny Otis-Hey boy I want you-Jazz world E+ 20

82.Deon Jackson-I`ll always love you-Shout M 35

(Quite simply stunning...absolutely stunning!!)

83.The Chimes-The Beginning of my life-Down to earth M 15

(Awesome and so so soulful......)

84.The Astors-Candy-Stax M- 15

85.Barbara Lynn-Take your love and run-Atlantic E+ 8

86.Jean Carne-Was that all it was- PIR WD 10

(Yet another Philly classic set to get northern spins)

87.Christine Kitrell-Call his name-king E+20

88.Little Herman-One out of a hundred-Arlen vg+10

89.The Impressions-You`ve been cheating-ABC M- 15

90.Barbara Cooper-Whats one more tear-RCA WD M 50

Some tasty LPs this month..........

91.Solid Solution- Loving you-Silverspoon E+ 70

(Inc Think about it girl)

92.Bobby Taylor-Taylor Made Soul-Gordy E+ 70

(Inc. Don't be afraid, out in the country, Stunning looking copy, cover is Mint)

93.Delegation-Same-Mercury E+ 25

(Inc One more step to take, getting spins at last)

94.The Younghearts-A Taste of-20th Century E+ 20

(Inc. You`re not here with me, awesome 70s dancer)

95. Bobby womack-the Poet-Beverly Glen E+ 10

(Inc So many sides of you, very indemand)

96. Clyde Mcphatter-Welcome home-Decca E+ 60

(inc. Please give me one more chance

97. .G.C Cameron-Love songs and other great tragedies-Motown E+ 30

(Inc.I`m gonna give you respect)

98. .Marcia Hines-Marcia Shines-Wizzard E+ 20

(Inc. Gotta let go, still one of the best LP only tracks)

99.Tom Jones-Help yourself-UK Decca E+ 10

(Inc. Cant break the news to myself, great version)

100.Linda Jones-What have I done-Loma E+ 40

(Inc. If only we had met sooner, stunning mid-tempo)

101.Wilson Williams-I like being in love-ABC 12" wol 10

102.Martha Reeves-Black Magic-Gordy E+ 25

(Inc. No one there)

103.Walter Heath-You know you`re wrong-Buddah E+ 25

(Inc.Put your love in my hands)

104.Tammi Terrell-Irresistable-motown E+ 30

(Inc. Tears at the end of a love affair)

105.Strutt-Time moves on-Brunswick E+ 25

(Inc.Said you didnt love him)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!