The Fed March 11

I;ve been asked by quite a few people re accomodation for The Fed in March so here is a list of Useful numbers

Travelodge quite a few in area 08700850950

Tuilp Inn ( 2miles away) 01914913131

Ravensworth Arms ( 4 miles away) 01914876023

The Rowers Hotel ( 500yards away) 01914606481

Ravensdene Lodge ( 3 miles away) 01914604312

Premier Travel Inn ( 2miles away) 08701977283

Marriott Hotel ( 1mile away) 08704007289

Gibside Arms ( 2miles away) 01914889292

Express Inn ( 1mile away) 01207541100

Plus if you or your better half fancys some retail threapy about 300 yards from Metro Centre

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions whistling.gif:thumbsup::lol:

p

• Replies 100
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

judging by the amount of posts,this is going to be a packer,shall we all start worrying now paul,or just leave all the stress to you,maybe the retail therapy put the blokes off :(:D:(:D

Ted

Chill mate.nowt to worry about.I thrieve on Stress!!!!!!!!!!! everything is under control :P:D:D

re the secret meeting is that when me & Yvette fell asleep :D:P:(

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

you grass,ha ha,was only winding headsy up before he developes a big head,i know its gonna be good,and oui you can have all the stress to yourself,i just dont do stress,and thats why your a promoter and i never will be, :(thumbsup.gif:lol::(:lol:

We havent replied yet, because we have been too busy deciding what to buy at the Metro Centre with our other half's credit cards :D

Kirstyx

SEE,I TOLD YOU PAUL,CATS RIGHT AMONGST THE PIDGEONS NOW,MY SPELLING IS CRAP,BUT THEN AGAIN I ONLY HAVE THE BRAIN OF A TWO YEAR OLD thumbsup.gif:lol::(:lol:

Ted, that's just not true... My 2 year old is wayyy clevererer than you! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

unashamedly bumping this up , BUMP BUMP !!! hope to see a lot of soul sourcers supporting this, I guarantee mayhem and good music :wicked::lol:

Yes this is a really good do. Hope to see lots of soul sourcers there too. I'm going.

BUMP, BUMP

having just read the KR book of self promotion, gotta say demand is HUGE on this ph34r.gif:shades:

seriously though, 3 rooms so there's enough to keep everybody happy so bumping this AGAIN ( oh dear )

oldies room

underplayed oldies and semi-known room ( Wilton music !! )

modern room.

Jeff

Going to give people some reasons to come next week

1) Steve Wilson's 50th

2) Terry Gee's 45th which I forgot to mention

3) Fantastic venue

4) my son Liam age 11, is DJing for the first time

5) Brilliant line up of local DJ's

6) Ted white will be there

8) so will Kev Johnson

9) 3 rooms catering for everyone

10) Wor liam is djing

11) Did I mention it is a FANTASTIC VENUE

12) Next to Europe's biggest shopping Mall, Metro Centre for other half's retail therapy

13) also Liam Conroy ( my Son age 11) is DJing

yes I am blatantly plugging this and make no excuses for it, over 7 hours of SOUL in 3 rooms 22 DJ's, Class Venue, Cheap Beer, Steve and Terry's Birthdays me on the door with Micky Bish what more could you ask for

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

PS in case I did'nt mention FANTASTIC VENUE and wor LIAM DJing ( age 11)

Guest jeffthevest
who was responsible for that disco dirge called the bump (shhhh it was a certain p.conroy) beer.gif:lol::lol::yes:
Ted..The answer is "Kenny" and wasnt it in your play box the other day... beer.gif:lol:
Guest stash313

Paul,

Looks like will be making the trip up to Geordie land on saturday night. In Mackem territory for the football so a quick hop across and shall see you in the Modern room on saturday.

Really looking forward to it.

And for anybody interested I should have copies of the New Lab Addicts album - Essential Elements Of Soul for sale. See ya there

Hope to see the Prestatyn regulars here on Saturday , that includes : Gaz , Col, Caney , Pete Foster, Davey Bartlett , John & Sandra , Tony & Pamela, Trevor & Margaret , Della , Yvonne & Gary , Jackie etc etc erm.... Oh aye and you lot from The Wilton to support Dave Guiry.

We got loadsa new sounds to play ya !!!

And the LCL (loose control lager) and Fed Special is cheap and strong as f**k !!!!

It's gonna be a belter thumbsup.gif:huh:

I'm just thinking here it very quiet on here, there must be something a miss, just realised what it is

WHERE'S KEV JOHNSON????????

Should liven things up abit

Paul Conroy

Tynside Soul Promotions

JUST BEAT ME TO IT !

Thought I'd start talking about this event, even though as usual neither me nor my husband can come out to play.

I would like to say that I thought that some of the DJs were my friends, BUT the only person to ask if we were coming was the baby hippo himself, Mr Geoff Heads!

Words cannot express exactly how this has made me feel.....

But I shall pick myself up, dust myself down and have the good grace to wish each and every one of you a fantastic night! :thumbsup:

Sean

Glad you can make it, not going to get into local Football deates by making silly comments that could caus controversy

TOON ARMY!!!!!!!!! EUROPE HERE WE COME

Sorry could'nt help myself

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

Are the Barcodes going on a european pre season tour ? thats the only way they will get in europe. :thumbsup:

Sorry boys wont be able to make sat for Stevie,s 50th. Will see him at prestatyn and have a party with him there.

Steve

Thought I'd start talking about this event, even though as usual neither me nor my husband can come out to play.

I would like to say that I thought that some of the DJs were my friends, BUT the only person to ask if we were coming was the baby hippo himself, Mr Geoff Heads!

Words cannot express exactly how this has made me feel.....

But I shall pick myself up, dust myself down and have the good grace to wish each and every one of you a fantastic night! :thumbsup:

and you don't know how relieved I was when you said you could'nt :wicked:

and its Jeff as in Jeffrey, but you can call me Mr Heads like everybody else..............until The Wilton dearest . :P

and you don't know how relieved I was when you said you could'nt :thumbsup:

and its Jeff as in Jeffrey, but you can call me Mr Heads like everybody else..............until The Wilton dearest . :wicked:

Sorry for the mistake with the spelling of your name - you may reprimand me at The Wilton! :P

But Jeffrey is a crap name isn't it? Though not as bad as Kevin or Colin.... :D:D:D

Sorry for the mistake with the spelling of your name - you may reprimand me at The Wilton! thumbsup.gif

But Jeffrey is a crap name isn't it? Though not as bad as Kevin or Colin.... :wicked:ph34r.gif:huh:

He can give it as well (head that is !!) As for being reprimanded Colin and myself will be absent at The Wilton but will instruct the boys to have you disciplined.accordingly.

Edited by ZTSC
Guest Marcelle

Jeff

Going to give people some reasons to come next week

1) Steve Wilson's 50th

2) Terry Gee's 45th which I forgot to mention

3) Fantastic venue

4) my son Liam age 11, is DJing for the first time

5) Brilliant line up of local DJ's

6) Ted white will be there

8) so will Kev Johnson

9) 3 rooms catering for everyone

10) Wor liam is djing

11) Did I mention it is a FANTASTIC VENUE

12) Next to Europe's biggest shopping Mall, Metro Centre for other half's retail therapy

13) also Liam Conroy ( my Son age 11) is DJing

yes I am blatantly plugging this and make no excuses for it, over 7 hours of SOUL in 3 rooms 22 DJ's, Class Venue, Cheap Beer, Steve and Terry's Birthdays me on the door with Micky Bish what more could you ask for

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

PS in case I did'nt mention FANTASTIC VENUE and wor LIAM DJing ( age 11)

Phew .... you can only think of 13 reasons !! thumbsup.gif

I`ll give you another couple .... to add to the list of "great reasons to attend"

hmmm .....

Talc welcome ....... (not that you need it on that floor ....... so damm good)

Great local crowd ..... (so welcoming to travellers ......... )

No politics ......... ( oh yes none)

but alas my friend all that said we wont be there, Chris & I are having a family weekend before we go for a naughty weekend ph34r.gif oppps I mean a soulful weekend ..... :wicked: .....

so have a great night (I know you will)

I know this may just be a little bit early to be posting for another night, but I would just like to REMIND YOU that Sept 23rd is my birthday bash at yours ..... (dont worry I will remind you nearer the time ... in April May June ..... ect ect ect .... :lol::huh::)

Love

Marcelle xx

ps Wish Liam well from me it takes courage to go up in front of our lot, I have seen GROWN men be sick oh & cry before they go on with nerves ..... :lol:

There may be a change of plan a foot....

Sadly it won't be me, but Michael has the weekend off work and has suggested that he'd like to go out :D Bit of a cheek if you ask me :D

Anyway its a toss up between here, and Middleton. He didn't enjoy Middleton last time he went, but it is only a 40 minute drive away!

So, can we have some directions please.... and a rough kind of journey time.

AND/OR is anyone going from our neck of the woods that could give him a lift? (he's not a handful like I am - honest) :rolleyes:

He can give it as well (head that is !!) As for being reprimanded Colin and myself will be absent at The Wilton but will instruct the boys to have you disciplined.accordingly.

Kevin,

Discipline is my middle name - theres nothing I like better! :D

Punish me as much as you can :D:D:D

Is Colin going to Prestatyn? Tell him not to bother and to come to Wilton first - then he can punish me in person :D You can just stay in Wales with the rest of the sheep :rolleyes::D

Sadly it won't be me, but Michael has the weekend off work and has suggested that he'd like to go out :D Bit of a cheek if you ask me :D

Anyway its a toss up between here, and Middleton. He didn't enjoy Middleton last time he went, but it is only a 40 minute drive away!

AND/OR is anyone going from our neck of the woods that could give him a lift? (he's not a handful like I am - honest) :rolleyes:

Hi Kirsty

Me & hubby are going, but we are leaving about lunch time to give us time to see the in laws up there & we are staying up there, so that probably isnt much good to him. Otherwise we would have gladly given him a lift.

It is an hour and a half from Leeds straight up the A1, so I reckon an hour & 3/4 from Huddersfield.

I think he would really enjoy it. I've only been there once, but there is something for everyone music wise, the people are cracking up there & the atmosphere is good. Bit of a trek for him for though.

At least if he goes out this weekend, he wont complain about you going crazy at The Wilton next week :D

I am letting the hubby loose in Prestatyn next week, which means I cant be at The Wilton, but I am sure you will keep the troops entertained.

Kirstyx

Mark

I have been tuning in and thanks for the Plugs it's really appreciated, seems to have a good buzz about it, hope I'm not tempting fate, never mind, your more than welcome to come backanytime, I'll send you some dates if you want, still not had any contact from you know who

Too many Kirsty's on here me heed full of K's any way Kirsty it's veryeasy to find, so'll give directions from NESW

SOUTH follow A1 past Washington service station,DO NOT take Tyne Tunnel lane,travel past Angel of the North, after Angel take 4th exit sigposted DUNSTON & WHICKHAM, turn right at top of slip rd, follow rd for approx 1/2 mile,go under bridge, the place is on the left

NORTH follow A1 South, and as above

WEST A69 to A1Junction, turn right and as above

EAST Swim up the Tyne, get out at Dunston staithes, walk approx 1/2 mile ad as above, but remember to get a check up at the QE Hospital before you gohome!!!!

hope this helps

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

I have had a few Telephone calls asking about record dealers, yes they are welcome., No Charge for table just let me know, there is more than enough room to accomodate everyone, just need to know about numbers of tables, if there is enough interest we can open the balcony or another room

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

Paul

Looking forward to Saturday night :D Have you sorted the times for the DJ's yet ??

Theirs about 20 of us coming over from Hetton , it's been a while since we've been that far North it's got the makings of another great night

Peter

www.villagesoul.co.uk

Guest Marcelle

Sadly it won't be me, but Michael has the weekend off work and has suggested that he'd like to go out :( Bit of a cheek if you ask me :D

AND/OR is anyone going from our neck of the woods that could give him a lift? (he's not a handful like I am - honest) :D

How cheeky of him to suggest going without you :angry: mind you I will be suggesting that very same thing to Chris at some point during the evening, you know that time "when they have a full tum & are just dozing off in the chair ..... oh how I love that time when "yes" is so easily said .... :D

cant help with directions or times or lifts as I didnt drive last time, & as we set off from Manchester they would be no good to you anyway ..

now what should I make him for dinner :(

anyway if I do manage a "yes i`ll babysit darling .... i`ll be the one with the chessy grin

Marcelle xx

Mark

I have been tuning in and thanks for the Plugs it's really appreciated, seems to have a good buzz about it, hope I'm not tempting fate, never mind, your more than welcome to come backanytime, I'll send you some dates if you want, still not had any contact from you know who

Too many Kirsty's on here me heed full of K's any way Kirsty it's veryeasy to find, so'll give directions from NESW

SOUTH follow A1 past Washington service station,DO NOT take Tyne Tunnel lane,travel past Angel of the North, after Angel take 4th exit sigposted DUNSTON & WHICKHAM, turn right at top of slip rd, follow rd for approx 1/2 mile,go under bridge, the place is on the left

NORTH follow A1 South, and as above

WEST A69 to A1Junction, turn right and as above

EAST Swim up the Tyne, get out at Dunston staithes, walk approx 1/2 mile ad as above, but remember to get a check up at the QE Hospital before you gohome!!!!

hope this helps

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

Hi Paul, Seems like a good idea mate, let me think about it and we can get something together soon.

Mark Bicknell.

Been asked to ost DJ Times for The Fed so here we go

THE LANCASTRIAN SUITE

7pm to 8.30 Sparkie & Ritchie Yates

8.30.to.9.30 Graham Dinsdale

9.30 to 10.30 Sreve Wilson

10.30 to 11.30 Don Thompson

11.30 to 1230 Colin Denham

12.30 to 1.20 Nigel Grice

1.30 to 2.30 Toma

THE NORTHUMBRIAN SUITE

7-8 Jeff Greenhaff

8-9 Ted white

9-10 Kev Johnson

10-11 Duncan MacAllister

11-12.30 Dave Guiry

12.30 -1.30 Jeff Heads

1.30 -2.30 Jeff Greenhaff

THE HANOVER SUITE

7.00 - 7.30....Liam Conroy (Debut)

7.30 - 8.30........Graham Harland

8.30 - 9.30...... Colin Johnstone

9.30 - 10.30......... Mark Dawson

10.30 - 11.30..................Cubo

11.30 - 12.30..................Liana

12.30 - 1.30............Terry Jones

1.30 - 2.30...............Terry Gee

Cheers

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

Been asked to ost DJ Times for The Fed so here we go

THE LANCASTRIAN SUITE

7pm to 8.30 Sparkie & Ritchie Yates

8.30.to.9.30 Graham Dinsdale

9.30 to 10.30 Sreve Wilson

10.30 to 11.30 Don Thompson

11.30 to 1230 Colin Denham

12.30 to 1.20 Nigel Grice

1.30 to 2.30 Toma

THE NORTHUMBRIAN SUITE

7-8 Jeff Greenhaff

8-9 Ted white

9-10 Kev Johnson

10-11 Duncan MacAllister

11-12.30 Dave Guiry

12.30 -1.30 Jeff Heads

1.30 -2.30 Jeff Greenhaff

THE HANOVER SUITE

7.00 - 7.30....Liam Conroy (Debut)

7.30 - 8.30........Graham Harland

8.30 - 9.30...... Colin Johnstone

9.30 - 10.30......... Mark Dawson

10.30 - 11.30..................Cubo

11.30 - 12.30..................Liana

12.30 - 1.30............Terry Jones

1.30 - 2.30...............Terry Gee

Cheers

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

Hi Paul, Looking forward to saturday night,should be a top night,you've got some good names on,a bit of something for everyone,just one thing can you tell us which room is upstairs & which one is on the lower level,i can never remember the official names for them & by the time we arrive we'll probably get lost due to the state we'll be in....

Cheers Ewan