Zenobia Bonner - "all Alone" (accident)

Gene-R

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone know anything about this? I know John Weston plays it from time to time, but is it that widely known? Anyone know of a value for it?

Before you ask, yes I have just received one!

The value is what you paid for it :P

Social source share

I think this was featured in the northern soul feature in "Record Collector" about 12 months back.

If it's the label i'm thinking of it has something like "If it's a hit....it's by Accident" on the label.

Nipping home for luch today so i'll see if i can find the article.

Social source share

The value is what you paid for it whistling.gif

Smartarse Dave!!! :lol:

If it's the label i'm thinking of it has something like "If it's a hit....it's by Accident" on the label.

Nipping home for luch today so i'll see if i can find the article.

That's the one Gaz - obvioiusly the label owner had something of a sense of humour! If you can find the article, that would be great - thanks in advance!

Social source share

Guest wrighty

Does anyone know anything about this? I know John Weston plays it from time to time, but is it that widely known? Anyone know of a value for it?

Before you ask, yes I have just received one!

i think i paid $75-100 on ebay for mine....seen another one on there go for about the same, nice tune but probably not that well known as u say... whistling.gif

Social source share

Even though I sold the disc to Johnny Weston, I could really do with a scan of both sides of the label, for a book, a friend of mine is working on. He strongly believes this to be a Philly item. There's another on the label by the "Contenders??" or is my memory completely packing up, which had an incredibly strong backing, but utterly woefull "Blue eyed" vocals, that still give me nightmares. The "Zenobia Bonner", though is pretty darned good, and not easy to find.

Social source share

Even though I sold the disc to Johnny Weston, I could really do with a scan of both sides of the label, for a book, a friend of mine is working on. He strongly believes this to be a Philly item. There's another on the label by the "Contenders??" or is my memory completely packing up, which had an incredibly strong backing, but utterly woefull "Blue eyed" vocals, that still give me nightmares. The "Zenobia Bonner", though is pretty darned good, and not easy to find.

Interesting.............the seller of my copy thought it to be out of Daytona, Ohio......

Social source share

Found the article. A bit of a Q&A section with a number of dj's.

Article is from May 2004 "Record Collector". Bit sad i could remember it really!

At that time Alan Handscombe (Capitol Soul Club) list the Zenobia Bonner track

as his rarest record adding "It's the only known copy..."

Sorry not much more info

Gaz

Social source share

Found the article. A bit of a Q&A section with a number of dj's.

Article is from May 2004 "Record Collector". Bit sad i could remember it really!

At that time Alan Handscombe (Capitol Soul Club) list the Zenobia Bonner track

as his rarest record adding "It's the only known copy..."

Sorry not much more info

Gaz

Thanks for that Gaz - I guess that must be 4 copies now (Me, Wrighty, John Weston and Alan H) - unless anyone out there knows different!

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

First release on this Dayton, Ohio label, the other being The Contenders "Don't Ever Leave Me" which is blue-eyed tosh, as stated before huh.gif

Expensive tosh apparently! Tim Brown values it at £500 in his book, but doesn't list Zenobia Bonner........

.......nor does John Manship, for that matter.

Social source share

Expensive tosh apparently! Tim Brown values it at £500 in his book,

Wasn't always, I remember Andy Dyson trying to sell it to me for 50ish (seem to think it had belonged to Barry Waddington?!)

but doesn't list Zenobia Bonner........

.......nor does John Manship, for that matter.

Probably don't know it

d'oh!, can't get the hang of this quick edit !!!

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

Alan Handscombe got his from me in a trade some years ago.

I've had 2 other copies since then, all picked up on ebay rather

cheap. I really like these dark & moody female RnB tracks, even

if I'm a crossover/modern boy and all.

Best,

Christian B

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Hello Gene

Traded my Wade Flemons jeanette for the Zenobia Bonner

Play it out now and again,used to get the floor going at the Capitol Soul Club.

Dave Flynn told me that a friend of his got a white demo recently so there starting to turn up

See ya at Solid Hit Soul in feb

Al H whistling.gif

Social source share

Hello Gene

Traded my Wade Flemons jeanette for the Zenobia Bonner

Play it out now and again,used to get the floor going at the Capitol Soul Club.

Dave Flynn told me that a friend of his got a white demo recently so there starting to turn up

See ya at Solid Hit Soul in feb

Al H whistling.gif

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the input - really helpful!! Hope you're well, and we're looking forward to seeing you on Feb 17th.

All the very best,

Gene

:lol:

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!