Soulsville

Pudsoul

At last, the long awaited and most welcome return of Soulsville. It's unhappy temporary demise is now happily at an end (no thanks to those who brought it about :angry: ), and we can again look forward to happy nights of soul and sauce (bottles only eh!) in Leeds, now on the last Friday of every month starting in February :lol: .

Sorry if you were planning a big launch Rich and Jamie, or if I've missed it elsewhere, but I'm so happy to see it's return, I had to post.

Looking foward to it - my only concern is, will there be Baltika? whistling.gif (PS, put a small pointy beard beard on this emoticon and it looks like one of the first night DJs)

• Replies 44
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It's on 24 February, details in Events, although as the DJs keep changing I'd keep looking :lol:

Top Man Dave! :lol:

Here's a link to the events page:

>>Soulsville Listing<<

And here's the final draft for the flyers that have gone to the printers. Like Dave mentioned, we had to change the artwork at the last minute due to some guests becoming unavailable.

Anyone has any questions, just give Rich or myself a prod. hypo.gif

post-1261-1138720638_thumb.jpg post-1261-1138720660_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jamie

GOODUN , Jamie. Is it somewhere near the bus station

Alright fella :lol:

Yep, it's on the opposite side of the road. Same side as the MECCA Bingo on New York Street. Cross York St is the first side street off it.

>>Map to Soulsville<<

The Bus Station is located in the Grey area where it says 'DUKE ST' and if you 'zoom in' by 1 click, you can see the streets clearly.

Hopefully see you there,

Jamie wicked.gif

Edited by Jamie

Top Man Dave! :lol:

>>Soulsville Listing<<

And here's the final draft for the flyers that have gone to the printers. Like Dave mentioned, we had to change the artwork at the last minute due to some guests becoming unavailable.

Anyone has any questions, just give Rich or myself a prod. :P

Absolute brill news.....only been twice, had great times on both occasions......definitely make it across for the opening night.....cracking flyer, by the way :lol: ......any chance of designing our's???....many beers awaiting ph34r.gif ......Good luck guy's....See you on the 24th.....Tony

About bloody time.....i miss standing up for 50 minutes on a train at rush hour from Sheffield, accompanied by ******........Just so i can beat you two guys to the bar.........count me in......

The "Assassin" Franklin

Edited by Brett

Absolute brill news.....only been twice, had great times on both occasions......definitely make it across for the opening night.....cracking flyer, by the way :ohmy: ......any chance of designing our's???....many beers awaiting :ohmy: ......Good luck guy's....See you on the 24th.....Tony

Cheers for that, Mr J :ohmy:

I think the flyers are brill too, we wanted something a bit different, something that made you think a bit. And IMHO they came up with a winner.

I think the best I could do would be some sort of 'Crayola' affair.... :ohmy:

Until the 24th :ohmy:

What, pray tell, is the parking situation like on said thoroughfare?

There's plenty of space on Kirkgate facing Leeds Parish Church and over the road on Wharf Street. Not sure if parking is possible on Cross Yk St at the mo' as they are currently constructing appartments at the end of the street.

I'll do a recce nearer the time and keep you all posted :ohmy:

Cheers for that, Mr J :yes:

I think the flyers are brill too, we wanted something a bit different, something that made you think a bit. And IMHO they came up with a winner.

I think the best I could do would be some sort of 'Crayola' affair.... :yes:

Until the 24th :yes:

Who might 'THEY' be??....trying to come up with a nice flyer ourselves.....'crayola' might be an option at this late stage :yes:

Who might 'THEY' be??....trying to come up with a nice flyer ourselves.....'crayola' might be an option at this late stage :yes:

You want to get in touch with Trev 'Trevski' Hare. I couldn't reccommend Trev & Jo (his good lady) high enough...

This is the kind of news that i like to hear...These boys are two of the best and great music taste also...Let me know if i can help in anyway..email me the flyer and i will get it on my website asap...Good work boys...

Cheers Stevie :yes: ,

We'll be in touch and I'll see you next weekend in Manchester for Soul or Nothing - are you coming to Lifeline??

Cheers Stevie :yes: ,

We'll be in touch and I'll see you next weekend in Manchester for Soul or Nothing - are you coming to Lifeline??

Rich/Jamie, good luck with the new venue i hope it goes really well, any help i can give plugging it on the show just ask no problem, sorry i had to decline the kind offer to DJ but i'm sure you both understand my reasons....never say never and somewhere down the line and all that...have a good one guys.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Great news you two ,will definately be over for the relaunch if not just to beat the assassin to the vodka,will there be any russian beverage, any cheap hotels nearby as i won't be going home before brett :) all the vest Paul thumbsup.gif:D wot do you think of my brussels spratt

Edited by P5OULH

Jamie, hope you kept enough records back after the recent sale. Hope it goes well for you both :D , see you both at Prestatyn?

Alright Ian :P

I think I may have a few for the opening hour or so, but I'll leave the the good spots to the guys with the records :P

Dunno bout pressthatin, maybe a bridge too far this year.

Gotta prioritise, maan!! :(

Rich/Jamie, good luck with the new venue i hope it goes really well, any help i can give plugging it on the show just ask no problem, sorry i had to decline the kind offer to DJ but i'm sure you both understand my reasons....never say never and somewhere down the line and all that...have a good one guys.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hey no worries :(

I understand (only too well :P ) what it's like when tough decisions have to be made. But life has an uncanny knack of unlocking doors forever thought locked....

Bit too philosophical that last bit for a big Yorkshire lad, hang on, @rse, bugger, fcuk. That's better :P

Guest Johnny One Trout

Top Man Dave! :P

>>Soulsville Listing<<

Anyone has any questions, just give Rich or myself a prod. :(

Great Flyer boys is that a Trevski spesh???

got to be up for an award or summat how did you sew those patches on the ovies?

Great Flyer boys is that a Trevski spesh???

got to be up for an award or summat how did you sew those patches on the ovies?

Tis Johnners :(

Don't ask me about his elastictrickery, let's just say he has 'powers' :P

Guest Johnny One Trout

Tis Johnners :P

Don't ask me about his elastictrickery, let's just say he has 'powers' :(

Mighty mighty powers indeed

Looking forward to making it up for some of these :P

Troutus

That flyer scares me :unsure:

same here janine :thumbsup:

they are obviously not membership card holders :thumbsup: those patches are fooling no one. its obvious to see they work in the Morrisons bakery :thumbsup:

great flyer by the way. jo brock?

looking forward to the return of this event.

Shane

:unsure:

great flyer by the way. jo brock?

Shane

Shane - are you not aware that Mr Hare's talents extend much further beyond an exceptional ability to shave ones head immaculately?

And although Ms Brock is gifted in the design department, you will find that this fine flyer is all Mr Hare's work.

Guest Trevski

Shane - are you not aware that Mr Hare's talents extend much further beyond an exceptional ability to shave ones head immaculately?

And although Ms Brock is gifted in the design department, you will find that this fine flyer is all Mr Hare's work.

:lol:beer.gif

Cheers Bezzie :lol:

'Tis true, this was entirely mine. Jo says the type would have been better if she had a hand in it laugh.gif

Glad everyone seems to like the flyer, now just everyone get down there! wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick one:

Yorkshire TV's Calendar will be giving Soulsville a plug next Thursday night (23rd) on their 'What's On' guide.

It's gonna feature bit of Wigan archive footage, along with the Soulsville night details.

Not sure how much they'll show, but it's nice to see a bit on the old gogglebox :thumbsup:

Rich Buckley working for Granada Media had no part to play in this whatsoever :thumbsup:

what hotels are close by please Jamie ?

hopefully gonna bring a car load of daft Geordies down to harass you :yes: and we will be in no fit state to drive back to the promised land :thumbsup:

Jeff, I'll have a look for ya.

I think I'm gonna be in a hotel too. One of our suppliers is taking me out for a bit of 'hospitality'. Thought I'd tie it in with the opening night and get a free night on the p!ss. Always thinking :thumbsup:

I'll post up some details tonight for yers.

Jamie

Jeff, I'll have a look for ya.

I think I'm gonna be in a hotel too. One of our suppliers is taking me out for a bit of 'hospitality'. Thought I'd tie it in with the opening night and get a free night on the p!ss. Always thinking :thumbsup:

I'll post up some details tonight for yers.

Jamie

Your best bet would probably be The Travelodge (the one near the cockpit), The Marriott or The Park Plaza.

The Travelodge are usually doing deals on the rooms. I stayed there with some friends for a hen night & they are used to daft geordies, Mind you I dont know what they would make of Kev J if you brought him :thumbsup: .

Really looking forward to this one, only a taxi ride for me.

Kirstyx

Guest lagerlout

I return from dublin on the evening of this event, will be there giving my support if jules comes with me if she don,t im afraid i can not do this event without adult supervision.....in the form of my wife..... :thumbsup:

Can't let two of my best mates down, so i'm pulling all the stops out and will be making the trip across for one of my fav. Soul nights, see Jamie is sleeping out, so is there any chance Mr Buckley of a place on the sofa my good man?

Edited by Brett

Travelodge contact info would be appreciated , party back afterwards but only if you have a good constitution :yes: wimpy Yorkshiremen need not apply................. :shhh:

Nah then, Headsy be good to drink you and your mate under the table again, just like me and my team did at Lifeline.... :shades: .......I'm a Yorkshireman, plus i'm wimpy, but i'm still coming back for that party...try stopping me........ :ohmy:

Brett