Marvin Gaye Dvd....how Kewl Is This

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Ok you lot.....the Marvin DVD comes out on April 3 huh.gif How cool is this......

MARVIN GAYE - THE REAL THING IN PERFORMANCE 1964 - 1981

DVD FEATURING 25 VINTAGE PERFORMANCES FROM TV AND FILM SPANNING THREE DECADES

CLASSIC PERFORMANCES AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME ON DVD

LONDON, January 31st, 2006 - Reelin' In The Years Productions and Universal Music Group International are proud to announce the MOTOWN MONDAY, April 3, 2006 worldwide release of Marvin Gaye - The Real Thing In Performance 1964 - 1981 on DVD. Featured for the first time on DVD are 25 classic full-length performances from American and European television appearances, spanning three decades. The DVD includes more than two hours of performances by Marvin Gaye, one of Motown's most influential stars.

Issued with the full cooperation of the Marvin Gaye estate, this is the first official DVD anthology of classic archival television performances by a Motown artist. The DVD includes a wealth of classic performances with re-mastered sound and video plus a host of bonus features.

Marvin Gaye - The Real Thing In Performance 1964 - 1981 begins with Marvin singing one of his earliest hits, "Hitch Hike," on American Bandstand in 1964; the DVD progresses through the artist's entire Motown career, including vintage performances of "Pride & Joy," "Ain't That Peculiar," "Can I Get A Witness," "Let's Get It On" and a host of others. Further treasures include a beautiful 1967 duet performance of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" with Tammi Terrell; a staggering live concert performance of "What's Going On" and "What's Happening Brother" from 1972; and an amazing live 1969 performance of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" from the American TV show "Hollywood Palace" recorded while the song was still No. 1 on the U.S. charts. Interspersed between the songs, Marvin talks about his life and music in interview segments from various TV shows throughout his career.

For Marvin Gaye - The Real Thing In Performance 1964 - 1981, every effort has been made to locate the best possible sound and video; each of the performances, has been re-transferred and re-mastered from the best-quality, original masters (some resting in the television vaults for over 40 years). In the case of lip-sync performances, the original Motown stereo master recordings have been used, replacing the original mono broadcast sound and making for a much more enjoyable viewing and listening experience.

In addition to the television and film performances, the bonus section of the DVD includes a concert filmed in Belgium in 1981. This historic concert, unseen by the public at large and available for the first time on DVD, includes Marvin reaching back into his classic repertoire with great versions of "I Want You," "Inner City Blues (Make Me Want To Holler)," How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)," "Got To Give It Up", plus six others.

Marvin Gaye - The Real Thing In Performance 1964 - 1981 also includes a host of unique bonus content, including an audio-only feature of 10 original a cappella (vocal only) performances of Marvin's classic hits discovered in the Motown vaults, and now available on this DVD for the first time anywhere. In addition, viewers have the option to watch these performances while listening to only Marvin Gaye's original studio vocal master track. Fans will feel as if they're in the original Motown recording booth with Marvin when they hear his solo vocal masters for "Hitch Hike," "What's Going On," "I Heard It Through The Grapevine," "Let's Get It On," and six more.

Marvin Gaye - The Real Thing In Performance 1964 - 1981 also includes a bonus CD featuring a 70 minute stereo concert recorded on Marvin's 1976 tour of Europe, unheard until now. The DVD/CD set further includes a 24-page booklet with an extensive essay by GRAMMY-award winning writer, Rob Bowman, including rare photographs and memorabilia.

MARVIN GAYE - THE REAL THING IN PERFORMANCE 1964 - 1981 DVD (Track List)

1) Hitch Hike (Filmed In 1964)

2) Pride And Joy (Filmed In 1965)

3) Can I Get A Witness (Filmed In 1965)

4) Pretty Little Baby (Filmed In 1965)

5) Ain't That Peculiar (Filmed In 1965)

6) You're A Wonderful One (Filmed In 1965)

7) Ain't No Mountain High Enough (with Tammi Terrell) (Filmed In 1967)

8) I Heard It Through The Grapevine (1969) (Filmed In 1969)

9) What's Going On (Filmed In 1972)

10) What's Happening Brother (Filmed In 1972)

11) Come Get To This (Filmed In 1981)

12) Let's Get It On (Filmed In 1981)

13) Distant Lover (Filmed In 1979)

14) A Funky Space Reincarnation (Filmed In 1979)

15) Ego Tripping Out (Filmed In 1979)

16) Heavy Love Affair (Filmed In 1981)

BONUS FEATURES

1981 Concert from Belgium

1) Got To Give It Up

2) Come Get To This

3) Let's Get It On

4) After The Dance

5) If This World Were Mine

6) Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing

7) Ain't No Mountain High Enough

8) How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)

9) I Want You

10) Inner City Blues (Make Me Want To Holler)

11) 1981 Belgium Television performance of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"

BONUS AUDIO ONLY CD -

Live In Holland 1976

1) All The Way 'Round

2) Since I Had You

3) Come Get To This

4) Let's Get It On

5) Trouble Man

6) 60s Medley

7) Ain't That Peculiar

8) You're A Wonderful One

9) Stubborn Kind Of Fellow