Eddie Kendricks -soul Train

Guest Dr Bob Jones

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

smile.gif You what?, file under who?, don't talk bollox mate he and the original Temps were sent from heaven

Lenny

At least I was staying on subject. But if you wan't to discuss the Temps thats fine.

They worked well cos of a range of factors including the mix and range of voices/harmonies.

I'm not sure that a voice like Eddies (falsetto?) can ever be considered soulful when sung solo.

Happy to be proved wrong.

Col.

Social source share

At least I was staying on subject. But if you wan't to discuss the Temps thats fine.

They worked well cos of a range of factors including the mix and range of voices/harmonies.

I'm not sure that a voice like Eddies (falsetto?) can ever be considered soulful when sung solo.

Col.

I was staying on the subject all the Temps were great vocalists collectivly and individualy

Lenny

Social source share

I've got a stop start problem when viewing these clips, I have a flash player installed but won't let me watch the clip without this, very annoying! :angry: , anyone got any tips

Lenny :ohmy:

OK, i'll chip in with my favorite.Aretha Franklin on American Music Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/w/Aretha-Franklin-o...o&search=aretha

Lenny, it's probably just the download speed. I have a decent connection and it still stutters at first. When the clip starts to play, hit pause and wait a couple of minutes till the shaded bar fills up then it'll play fine.

After watching the aretha and levi stubbs clip, and wanting to keep it, i had a look around the web and found this site. https://javimoya.com/blog/download-videos it shows you how to download the file and change the extension then convert it to a realplayer or windows media video. Download Cinemaforge for free, watch the flash animation and your ready.

I've downloaded loads of soul clips including most of the soul train stuff.

Tomo

Social source share

Col.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK , so based on your logic Col :yes: ,

I guess we should WRITE OFF all the following artists as soul singers:

Smokey Robinson

Curtis Mayfield

Russell Thompkins Jnr (Stylistics)

Eugene Record

Otis Leavill

Ted Mills (Blue Magic)

Don Julian (Larks)

Lenny Williams

Wilbert Hart (Delfonics)

Freddie Hughes

Chris Bartley

JR Bailey

Rondalis Tandy (Van Dykes)

..... and many others ... too numerous to mention !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Social source share

OK, i'll chip in with my favorite.Aretha Franklin on American Music Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/w/Aretha-Franklin-o...o&search=aretha

Lenny, it's probably just the download speed. I have a decent connection and it still stutters at first. When the clip starts to play, hit pause and wait a couple of minutes till the shaded bar fills up then it'll play fine.

After watching the aretha and levi stubbs clip, and wanting to keep it, i had a look around the web and found this site. https://javimoya.com/blog/download-videos it shows you how to download the file and change the extension then convert it to a realplayer or windows media video. Download Cinemaforge for free, watch the flash animation and your ready.

I've downloaded loads of soul clips including most of the soul train stuff.

Tomo

Thanks Tomo will give it a go,

Lenny thumbsup.gif

Social source share

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK , so based on your logic Col :P ,

Not too sure what the above symbol means - crash helmet, balaclava, smog, fear of falling rocks?

Happy to start with Smokey Robinson. Described by Bob Dylan as America's greatest living poet. That guy could turn out a tune. But vocally a waste of space. Never did it for me, can't think of a good record he made. Think about it - Bobby Womack, Darrel Banks, Smokey Robinson - who are you going to vote for?

Col

Edited by Soulsmith
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!