The Frank Popp Ensemble

Guest JamesP

THE FRANK POPP ENSEMBLE UK TOUR 6TH TO 15TH MARCH

CATCH THEM AT - THE POINT, MOUNT STUART SQUARE, CARDIFF BAY

WEDNESDAY 8TH MARCH DOORS 7.30PM TO 1AM TICKETS £8 IN ADV £10 OTD

AVAILABLE SHORTLY FROM SPILLERS RECORDS-CARDIFF, THE POINT, JPSPROMOTIONS@aol.com, (or PM me)

DJ's RED FOX AND MIKEY PLAYING A SUBLIME MIX OF NORTHERN, R & B, MOD , JAZZ AND FUNK

THIS BAND ARE GOING TO TAKE THE UK BY STORM THIS YEAR, CATCH THEM WHILE YOU CAN

www.frankpopp.com/

www.frankpopp.co.uk

JAMES

Edited by JamesP
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest matt tees

THE FRANK POPP ENSEMBLE UK TOUR 6TH TO 15TH MARCH

CATCH THEM AT - THE POINT, MOUNT STUART SQUARE, CARDIFF BAY

WEDNESDAY 8TH MARCH DOORS 7.30PM TO 1AM TICKETS £8 IN ADV £10 OTD

AVAILABLE SHORTLY FROM SPILLERS RECORDS-CARDIFF, THE POINT, JPSPROMOTIONS@aol.com, (or PM me)

DJ's RED FOX AND MIKEY PLAYING A SUBLIME MIX OF NORTHERN, R & B, MOD , JAZZ AND FUNK

THIS BAND ARE GOING TO TAKE THE UK BY STORM THIS YEAR, CATCH THEM WHILE YOU CAN

www.frankpopp.com/

www.frankpopp.co.uk

JAMES

Hi Red Fox, could you please email me regarding the above (chapmanrecords@hotmail.com event or pm me with your email I would like to discuss.

Hi James

i'll have 2 tickets off you, all set to be great night :ohmy:

........Andrew

I'm allright Jack, what about me, I'll get my own then!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update with only 2 weeks to go

Wednesday, 08 March 2006,

The Point Presents:

JPS Promotions & The Point Presents Frank Popp Ensemble

The Frank Popp Ensemble write neo-Northern Soul, garage rock gems. They unite modern production and pop appeal with music such as Northern Soul, R&B, Funk and 60's Garage rock. Frank is the leader of the six piece band who are all very talented musicians, featuring the lovely Sam Leigh-Brown on vocals.

Frank career started as a graphic designer for German label Unique Records. After experimenting with sequencers and organs on his computer, Frank created 'The Catwalk EP'. Unique were more than pleased to release it for him. 'High Voltage' one of the tracks from the ep was used in the film 'Swordfish' with Halle Berry & John Travolta. Good going for a first release! The Frank Popp Ensemble's debut album 'Ride on' which included the singles 'Hip Teens Don't Wear Blue Jeans' and 'You've Been Gone Too Long' was released in Germany in 2001. The bands songs have been used on European advertisement campaigns for BMW, Audi, Baileys, T-Mobile, Coke, Lux & Pringles - so you probably know the songs even if you think you don't. The Frank Popp's first UK release was 'The Swinging Library Sounds Of The Frank Popp Ensemble' and received great reviews 'The Frank Popp Ensemble' new album is out now

As well as the Frank Popp Ensemble expect DJ's playing Northern Soul, R&B, Funk, Hammond, Mod & Jazz.

Doors: 07:30 pm to 1am

Tickets - £8 (+ £1.50 booking fee)

buy tickets at The Point, Cardiff Bay , spillers records, cardiff or JPSPROMOTIONS@aol.com (no book fee through me)

Guest andrew bin

In case anyone panics. SCOOTERING printed the WRONG date. AAAARRRGHHHH.

Just to confirm it IS 8TH MARCH!!!!!!!

JAMES

looking forward to this James, Hopefully Wazz and Wazzete will be coming with us :thumbsup:

........Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JamesP

Big thanks to all who attended the gig on Wednesday night. An absolutely brilliant performance by the band. Even from a biased point of view, one of the best gigs I have been to in over 20 years. The vocal talent of Sam Leigh Brown was stunning and the band were incredible. Dance floor was moving and shaking to every number! If you get the chance go down to the cargo in london tonight to see them, you will not be disappointed.

They play next at Le Beat Bespoke in Londons Rocket ,Easter weekend and also Saturday night at this years Isle of Wight Scooter rally in August

James