Dayo

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest StoneSoul45

Stumbled on this site ran by some Chicago Mods. Anyone know these guys?

Thought this page was particularly interesting. Hope you agree

https://www.modchicago.com/nf/archive/recordrow.html

Colin

YO! me and my homie JJ put that together. Modchicago started when myself and one John Manion, former face of the revival 80s scene here, met up. I was throwing monthly parties here at the time but John had the ambition and..er..CASH to make it big time. I'm retired from mod now-just can't squeeze into those pants anymore. John just had a beautiful baby girl and is living in memphis. A cat named Eric Colin is in charge now.

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

YO! me and my homie JJ put that together. Modchicago started when myself and one John Manion, former face of the revival 80s scene here, met up. I was throwing monthly parties here at the time but John had the ambition and..er..CASH to make it big time. I'm retired from mod now-just can't squeeze into those pants anymore. John just had a beautiful baby girl and is living in memphis. A cat named Eric Colin is in charge now.

mod chicago always has great graphic design. some fella that goes by "delicious" does a lot of their stuff. he is quite good.

also, they often have great djs ... one of the regular visitors, ron wade of hipshaker in minneapolis, will be playing our night in march. should be a goodtime, as i used to frequent hipshaker pretty regularly when i lived in the twin cities (cant say im not happy to be living in seattle now, tho).

Social source share

Guest StoneSoul45

mod chicago always has great graphic design. some fella that goes by "delicious" does a lot of their stuff. he is quite good.

also, they often have great djs ... one of the regular visitors, ron wade of hipshaker in minneapolis, will be playing our night in march. should be a goodtime, as i used to frequent hipshaker pretty regularly when i lived in the twin cities (cant say im not happy to be living in seattle now, tho).

Yes, Delicious aka Billy was the singer of my former heavy psychedelic band the civilized age. He won't be doing the art this year. I know Ron and Brian from up in minneapolis. We've DJ'd together at the Milwaukee northern parties. Good guys, good records! Are you kevin formerly of MN northwest airlines employee?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!