Old Re-issues

Not that i condone bootlegs of any type Years ago a couple of local characters attempted to get some "re-issues" done in the states to supply the ready for buying uk market, however when these "re-issues" arrived in the uk they were on totally whitish labels with no credits at all, in fact totally off white labels with nothing on them.

the records were

not me baby-the siilouettes

after the session-the subway riders

i had a good time -little eddie taylor

just as a talking point has anyone got one of these, they may have the credits wrote on in biro (were talking late 70s by the way

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not that i condone bootlegs of any type Years ago a couple of local characters attempted to get some "re-issues" done in the states to supply the ready for buying uk market, however when these "re-issues" arrived in the uk they were on totally whitish labels with no credits at all, in fact totally off white labels with nothing on them.

the records were

not me baby-the siilouettes

after the session-the subway riders

i had a good time -little eddie taylor

just as a talking point has anyone got one of these, they may have the credits wrote on in biro (were talking late 70s by the way

Hi, i used to have a Silhouettes white label boot, bought at Wigan, probably about '76, dont think i've still got it, cost 50p at the time, if i remember rightly. Would have been better off buying the Goodway orig that my mate bought for £5!!!!!! Think i've got a Eddie Taylor somewhere, with the highly collectable biro writing on label!!!!

I noticed someone selling white label pressings of Martha Reeves - No One There on Ebay a while ago, so obviously the tradition lives on!!!

Alan

Social source share

Hi, i used to have a Silhouettes white label boot, bought at Wigan, probably about '76, dont think i've still got it, cost 50p at the time, if i remember rightly. Would have been better off buying the Goodway orig that my mate bought for £5!!!!!! Think i've got a Eddie Taylor somewhere, with the highly collectable biro writing on label!!!!

I noticed someone selling white label pressings of Martha Reeves - No One There on Ebay a while ago, so obviously the tradition lives on!!!

Alan

"why do i want that eddie taylor original on peacock when ive got it anyway, on a white label , youll never get a tenner for it anyway no one plays it"(cod 1976)

Social source share

Has anyone else seen Prince Philip Mitchell I'm So Happy b/w Benny Troy I Wanna Give You Tomorrow on Silver Top, large centre US 45? I remember Manship saying this was rare on one of his lists around ten years ago, had this since the mid eighties, no idea when they were done though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!