soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 23
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ste Brazil

Didn't Jamien Hartford esq. have one for sale?

Not a fan of the record, but it does have one of the greatest lines in Northern Soul in it...about drugs being "a monkey on your back, and every day you have to feed that monkey a snack"

Yeah, he has got a copy but he changed his mind about selling it the bugger - DOH! :angry:

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

====

one of steve crofts plays at warrington..

had mine since then and would never sell it...

....Then i'll have to keep naggin Jamie! whistling.gif

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Ha, Crofty bought it off me many years ago in Lincoln, took me bloody years to get another copy.

Just to satisfy my curiosity what's it going for now?

I think Jamie paid about £90 ish, i may be wrong though...

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Yep theres a more traditional Northern one on Maison De Soul according to Tim Brown.

Rarer as well apparently.

Both Mr Manship and Mr Brown rate 'Pusherman' at £50

I'll pay £50 if somebody has one?!

Ste.

Social source share

Does anybody know if he ever did any tracks other than 'Pusherman'?

Ste.

Yep the Bside....... thumbsup.gif i`m the louiseana rapper :D ,seriously i`ve got another thing by em`,"we`ve got a good thing going"or something like that?,if i find it i`ll let you know more...... :)
Social source share

Yep theres a more traditional Northern one on Maison De Soul according to Tim Brown.

Rarer as well apparently.

Both Mr Manship and Mr Brown rate 'Pusherman' at £50

Wadda` they know,i think £100 would not be too much for a minta`,them that`s offering fifty quid need not apply......... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Wadda` they know,i think £100 would not be too much for a minta`,them that`s offering fifty quid need not apply......... :(
If i was selling mine (i'm not before you ask) i'd be looking for at least 120 in cash or 150 in trades, like everyone say's you just don't see em any more.

Got told once that a follow up was recorded called Busting The Pusherman on the same label in a picture cover, also told it was a bag of shite. Any info :P

Social source share

If i was selling mine (i'm not before you ask) i'd be looking for at least 120 in cash or 150 in trades, like everyone say's you just don't see em any more.

Got told once that a follow up was recorded called Busting The Pusherman on the same label in a picture cover, also told it was a bag of shite. Any info :P

sombodys pullin` your plonker....... :(
Social source share

Took me bloody ages to get one, and yep, did cost me about £90 after converting from $$.

Don't think I could sell this to be honest, too many memories and sentimental value.

But if someone was to offer a copy of Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman as a trade, I may just consider :P:(

Possibly a bit too uptempo for most people to get on these days. But knackers to that I say, and play it because I believe in it.

I've seen another one by him on the Caillier label (Written in some fancy southern scroll, and from memory maybe a deep red label??), but not another by him on the Jay Cee label. Both labels are self-titled for what it's worth.

Jamie

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Just gone on John Manship's auction.

Be intresting to see what it goes for :(

Is it your copy Mr Dixon?

Jamie :D

(And I'll quite happily take all the plaudits for the 'revival' :yes::( )

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Is it your copy Mr Dixon?

Jamie :(

(And I'll quite happily take all the plaudits for the 'revival' :(:( )

Not mine Jamie but i did have it in my sales box at Ponds Forge last week (along with a Syng McGowan, also in Manships auction).

Couldn't give em away :thumbsup: .

Quite like the look of the LaRom Baker on John's auction.

Might list em on here when im next skint with a few other bits.

Social source share

Not mine Jamie but i did have it in my sales box at Ponds Forge last week (along with a Syng McGowan, also in Manships auction).

Couldn't give em away :ohmy: .

Quite like the look of the LaRom Baker on John's auction.

Might list em on here when im next skint with a few other bits.

I reckon Steve B will give you £120 for it (JJC), why don't you PM him?

Social source share