Stow-a -way Soul (e17) Thurs 16th Feb 06

This month.... we're Monkeying around! Don't worry Audra's not gone and bought a CD of the 60's funny haired group to play out. No, instead we have Shakes very own Mark Raison on board. Playing us some of his finest R&B, he should see us into a late night again.

So it's normal time, normal place.

The Soul

300 Hoe Street Walthamstow E17

8 till late

Residents Alice, Audra, Maria playing 60's 70's Soul and R&B :yes:

www.stowawaysoul.co.uk

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 20
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I won't be playing any of that Elvis music - can I have an exploding Elvis emoticon please ???

....pretty please

No!

I'll update the website (soon) with only a few photos ....a girl's birthday should not be re-lived too much :thumbsup:

Tsk what an excuse, I sent you bout 20 to upload you lazy rascal :lol: ............

Yep, I'm terrible lately - have lots to finish this weekend...

With a week to go, I'm wondering if I should start the harrassment yet?

- Can everyone in the general London area please PM me your mobile numbers, so we can send you lots of reminder texts, just like the ones I get for other events? :lol:

m

Yep, I'm terrible lately - have lots to finish this weekend...

With a week to go, I'm wondering if I should start the harrassment yet?

- Can everyone in the general London area please PM me your mobile numbers, so we can send you lots of reminder texts, just like the ones I get for other events? shades.gif

m

Does Wales count.?? Ha Ha

See you next week!

[

quote name='dkd' date='Feb 12 2006, 09:22 PM' post='248394']I'll be making the long-haul journey on Thursday as well - sometimes if I dont walk fast it can take me nearly 15 minutes.

Sometimes if i walk fast it still takes me about an hour to get there, which is why I'm normally in the bar for 19.00, which is also why I'm normally in such a state the next morning... whistling.gif

As a born in Walthemstower, from a born in Walthemstower....

I feel I have the right to say, hope its a great evening tonight girls (and boys)

Maybe, just maybe I'll see you in Wakefield next week (babysitter allowing)

Kirsty x

Thanks Kirsty!

Just a quick note- Pics of last month in my gallery, and I've got my tin hat! Seriously, if any one wants any of them down let me know and I'll try. Sorry for bad quality/ light probs, must have been the scanner. Note the scary one of James and Martin! ranting_1.gif:huh:

Thanks Kirsty!

Just a quick note- Pics of last month in my gallery, and I've got my tin hat! Seriously, if any one wants any of them down let me know and I'll try. Sorry for bad quality/ light probs, must have been the scanner. Note the scary one of James and Martin! ranting_1.gif:huh:

Hope it goes well tonight, intended to come along but thought I had better sort some records out for tomorrow wacko.gif

Have Fun :huh:

Guest MonkeyMod

Thanks to the Stowaway people for having me on last night. A nice bar, good music, friendly folk and free drinks. A fine way to spend a Thursday night.

Hope your interview went okay this morning Alice.

Well done girls another great night. Good to see you again Mark top tunes as usual.

I know its a Thursday night but for those that miss this, you dont know what you are missing. Some of the best sounds around, always great guest Djs and an atmosphere that cant be beaten!

See you at the next.

James

Thanks to everyone who came along on Thursday night - and particularly to Mark Raison - fantastic!

Was a little quieter than usual, but still great fun.

Audra

x

Thanks to those that joined us on Thursday, especially to Dave who was looking rather ill but still made it out of his sick bed aw! Also to James, hope you enjoyed Friday too. Thanks again to Mark for playing two superb sets. Hope to see some of you next month!

Was a little quieter than usual, but still great fun.

bit of an understatement, but with Kim Weston on same night and lots planning a big Friday night at Solid Hit, there were quite a few apologies. Luckily, the night picked up later.

Like to add my thanks to all - especially Mark who was surprisingly very good!

- whilst you would expect that based on his reputation, I'm not an r'n'b fan but thought he was very professional and great at keeping the vibe up - scared myself when I started tapping away at the ...er, more soulful sounds :yes: .

Didn't take the next day off, so had to nip out before midnight - but heard the music stopped closer to 1.

I've already booked the day off after the next one (March 16th). It's the Thursday before the Presatyn Weekender, so I'm starting the soulin' early and travelling up next day. Might also suite a lot of other people to have a London warm-up :thumbsup:

We'll announce the March guest DJ soon. I've been given the job of booking him/her, but still can't decide who to ask :thumbsup: .

- any ideas kiddies???

m

[

quote name='Maria' date='Feb 19 2006, 04:09 PM' post='252816']bit of an understatement, but with Kim Weston on same night and lots planning a big Friday night at Solid Hit, there were quite a few apologies. Luckily, the night picked up later.

I'd take a wild guess that us flyering in the first place would be a good start, no? :thumbsup:

Like to add my thanks to all - especially Mark who was surprisingly very good!

Not surprising at all. He's a well respected top dj, and a smasher too.