This Sat 4th Feb Boogaloosoul

Boogaloo

Boogaloo Soul

1st Saturday of every month

Playing the best in Northern Soul, RnB and Motown

This month's guest spinners are Gene Robertson (Solid Hit Soul) and Little Ian (Southside Soul Club)

Great atmosphere from a friendly and enthusiastic crowd

8pm til 1am

The Cellar Bar

King William 4th Pub and Hotel

155 Trafalgar Rd

Greenwich

SE10 9TX

Near Maze Hill BR and Greenwich Swimming Baths.

Only £4 on the door - 8.00 'till 1.00

e-mail tsuccess@dircon.co.uk or call Warren on 07838 181 375

Don't forget our Monthly Motown night is on the second Saturday of every month

Classic hits and rarer sounds from the vaults. Same details as above

• Replies 7
  • Views 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Blimey, only 20 views and it's been up for 2 days. :huh::lol::lol:

Right, desperate measures are needed. I and the other djs will give a back rub to all those who come down with a printed copy of this post in their hands. How's that for a bit of 'off the wall' marketing. Bet it gets a better response than just telling people that we play great music,

Peace and love

Warren ''Shiatsu" Boogaloo

Blimey, only 20 views and it's been up for 2 days. :sweatingbullets::wicked::D

Right, desperate measures are needed. I and the other djs will give a back rub to all those who come down with a printed copy of this post in their hands. How's that for a bit of 'off the wall' marketing. Bet it gets a better response than just telling people that we play great music,

Peace and love

love to join you up there warren but got my own event at lightwater plus luton is on :yes:

Guest Toe Knee

whistling.gif

Blimey, only 20 views and it's been up for 2 days. :lol::lol:wink.gif

Peace and love

I am sorry to have to report that Warren ( although a man of his word ) is no good at back rubbing !

I printed out his post and sure enough he gave me a " quick rub " - but there was no passion or feeling in it - I am afraid Warren " Don't give up your day job " - or your nite job for that matter

Was another good night - took a little while to warm up ( temperature not music quality ) and was only marred when some bloke who had a few too many largers decided that the shape of his own face need rearrangin - either that or he wanted to have a much closer look at the floor, but went down a little too quickly.He tripped ( in the litteral sense of the word ) and landed on his forehead.

Suffice to say it was an unfortunate accident - but will probably improve his looks no end wanker.gif:D

Was early to arrive and one of the last to leave ( tried to leave with a large box of 7's that I was carrying for a " certain DJ" but he caught me before I got to the street :secret: ) :D

Warren I must ask you please - what was that track you played early on ? The one that had a sort of " country and western " twang to it ? The one that reminded me of Bonanza and the Circle K ranch ? The one that made me want to take up line dancing ? The one that I must remember to avoid hearing again ?

:rolleyes:

unsure.gif

I am sorry to have to report that Warren ( although a man of his word ) is no good at back rubbing !

Was early to arrive and one of the last to leave ( tried to leave with a large box of 7's that I was carrying for a " certain DJ" but he caught me before I got to the street :secret: ) :lol:

Warren I must ask you please - what was that track you played early on ? The one that had a sort of " country and western " twang to it ? The one that reminded me of Bonanza and the Circle K ranch ? The one that made me want to take up line dancing ? The one that I must remember to avoid hearing again ?

:rolleyes:

You cheeky git :Dtongue.gif . First of all, I didn't actually expect anyone to print this thread off and bring it down expecting a back rub so my paulty efforts were delivered with a TOTAL lack of enthusiasm. Chris is OK and didn't cause much damage to the floor :lol: .

Finally, glad you enjoyed it and I've posted my playlist below but not sure which of the early tunes were the said 'Cowboy Soul' tune you described. Think it was the Prince Conley. Anyway, I'll be playing it again. It's what you'd call a grower.

Also thanks to all the dj's for their sterling efforts (note in the diary, must book young Gene again and soon)

Manny Corchado - Pow Wow - Decca

Roy Robers - I know what to do to satisfy you - Tina

Vernon Greene - Look at me, look at me - Minit

1984 Love machine - Your breaking my heart - Melon

Charles Sheffield - Voodo Working - Excello

Jackie Weaver - The Tingle - Cadet

Prince Conley - I'm going home - Satellite

Mighty Joe Young - Ladies man - Celtex

Patrice Holloway - Stolen hours - Capital

Charades - Key to my happiness - MGM

Delegates of Soul - I'll come running back - Up Look

Terry Callier - Look at me now - Cadet

Flame n King - Ho happy day - NYCS

Minnie Jones - Shadow of a memory - Sugar

Edward Hamilton - Thank your mother - MaryJane

Billy Stewart - Secret love - Barclay

The Hammond Brothers - Thirty miles of railroad track - Abner

Frankie Crocker - Ton of dynamite - Turbo

Bits'n pieces - Keep on running away - Nasco

Accents - Who you gonna love - One-derful

Ruby Andrews - Just loving you - Zodiac

Jackie Lee - Darkest days ABC

Jo Armstead - A stone good lover - Giant

Ruby Winters - Better - Diamond

[Finally, glad you enjoyed it and I've posted my playlist below but not sure which of the early tunes were the said 'Cowboy Soul' tune you described. Think it was the Prince Conley. Anyway, I'll be playing it again. It's what you'd call a grower.]

Sorry I couldn't make it on Saturday, just felt a bit under the weather. The back rub might have made all the difference, lol.

Nice playlist. Funny the Prince Conley track has been mentioned. Discovered it on Friday on one of the CDs in the Stax boxed set of singles. Rather liked it. I assume it is very early Arthur Conley, or am I wrong (again)?