Rugby Soul Club - Anniversary All-dayer

Just over a week to go...

Benn Hall, Newbold Road, Rugby, Warks.CV21 2LQ.

The post code is for the building opposite, as the Benn Hall does not come up on any auto-routes!!!

2pm - 2am.

Two rooms playing classic northern, rare 6T's, crossover and modern.

"Main Room" - Adam Karl Boddington Pat Brady John Parker Dave Rimmer Matt Smart Trevski

And the all new "Freestyle Room" - David Bailey Peter Burton Matty & Welly Soul Twins Tony Warot Glyn Williams

£8 before 4pm...£10 after 4pm

Contact 01788 541516 or 07817732468 or 07768978085

Sprung wooden dance floor. Record dealers welcome. Large car park. Capacity 360. Late bar.

web-site: Rugby Soul Club

E-mail: rugbysoulclub@hotmail.com

First one of this year....

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
  • Replies 122
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Sian,

thumbsup.gif I cant wait!! (and I dont have to get a train home at 7.00 am in sub-zero temperatures, get accosted by crackheads, or hope the ticket man doesnt come because im skint!!) - maybe il not bother then :)

Should be a good 'un.

post-2934-1138816428.gif post-2934-1138816775.gif post-2934-1138816853.gif

==============

Looking forward to this as well, few of us coming along :D Am now awaiting sarcastic comments about damp patches and talc :D

Winnie:-)

I'll bring a mop and bucket as well as the playbox then ???

:P

What on earth is that Winston on about?

I cant wait either. But who s playing that modern then Sian?

And what does Pete keep in his box???????????

And what was Den doing with that young man alone in the early hours?

And do you have any ideas on Dj times yet?

Catriona

xxxxx

Catriona

xxxxx

I'm sure the Prime Minister doesn't have so many questions thrown at him at once..... :unsure:

So, to the honourable lady........ :unsure:

Win will have to answer for himself, I don't like to discuss his needs in public... :thumbsup:

Modern - now depending on who you ask....it could be anywhere from 1970 onwards :unsure: , so you will have to wait and see.....bring a box just incase....

Claire will have to answer for Pete but I'm not sure if we want to know..... :thumbsup:

That young man (Matt Smart) is quite capable of handling Denise..... :thumbsup:

Now DJ times I can do.....

post-1225-1139346541_thumb.jpg

I'm sure the Prime Minister doesn't have so many questions thrown at him at once..... :unsure:

So, to the honourable lady........ :unsure:

Win will have to answer for himself, I don't like to discuss his needs in public... :thumbsup:

Modern - now depending on who you ask....it could be anywhere from 1970 onwards :unsure: , so you will have to wait and see.....bring a box just incase....

Claire will have to answer for Pete but I'm not sure if we want to know..... :thumbsup:

That young man (Matt Smart) is quite capable of handling Denise..... :thumbsup:

Now DJ times I can do.....

Brilliant. I do like a plan.

It will be nice to come and visit the BIG room too.

I m not getting into that debate about how modern a modern record should be, in case someone comes and slaps my legs.

But I m coming, now all I need is a ride.

Where s the warm up?

Brilliant. I do like a plan.

It will be nice to come and visit the BIG room too.

I m not getting into that debate about how modern a modern record should be, in case someone comes and slaps my legs.

But I m coming, now all I need is a ride.

Where s the warm up?

Warm up? god your eager.

You can pop to mine first, bring me up a nice cup of tea to my bedroom and wake me up ready to go.... :unsure:

We don't want to know if you need a ride, it's not that sorta site.....behave yourself girly..... :unsure:

Catriona

xxxxx

Are u a copper? I wasnt doing anything with any young man thank you very much!! Believe me, Id know!.

:unsure:

Edited by Ganche

Catriona

xxxxx

============

Thought you might have added an 'eastenders' soundclip to the above........ whistling.gif:lol:

I'm afraid the Benn Hall's management aren't as generous as the LEL club's....no free drinks for the drivers....

may as well all come in one car....

===========

Also resisting the temptation, so much material, so little time, just one little innuendo, it won't hurt, I can give them up anytime,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, phnarr phnarr whistling.gif

Winnie:-)

I guess by limbered up you mean we've been busy fingering our playboxes in anticipation ????

Can't wait another week......................can we start now please Sian.

:thumbsup:

well according to my sources youve been paying a huge amount of money out on vinyl .

Obviously all bargains tho honey

So tell us what to look forward to.

And can I have some sort of warning about those boys from Welly

Is it going to be rock and roll? Or tunes from the woodshed...cos you know how much I enjoy listening to 6 fingered banjo players.

Sian and Dean have excellent taste dont they.... so nothing to worry about.

And with two rooms and a record bar there is always somewhere else to go

Cant wait ( have I said this?)

well according to my sources youve been paying a huge amount of money out on vinyl .

Obviously all bargains tho honey

So tell us what to look forward to.

In judging the amount spent you must consider that it is only relative to the perspective that you view it from when compared to the intrinsic value of the commodity purchased together with a projected future value from an investment standpoint....................is that complicated enough to confuse Claire ????

In any case as Claire will verify all records cost £8

Of course they were bargains sweetie..............when have I not bought a bargain.............well OK I've come home with a few dogs but the less said the better about that.

As to what to look forward to...................the banjo has gone in for a service so it'll have to be boring old soul music..................anyway six fingers are an advantage when DJing.............20% more opportunity to f*ck up when cueing. :dance:

In judging the amount spent you must consider that it is only relative to the perspective that you view it from when compared to the intrinsic value of the commodity purchased together with a projected future value from an investment standpoint....................is that complicated enough to confuse Claire ????

In any case as Claire will verify all records cost £8

Of course they were bargains sweetie..............when have I not bought a bargain.............well OK I've come home with a few dogs but the less said the better about that.

As to what to look forward to...................the banjo has gone in for a service so it'll have to be boring old soul music..................anyway six fingers are an advantage when DJing.............20% more opportunity to f*ck up when cueing. :dance:

So youre not telling what you might play, or what you might of bought for this mystical £8.

Come on....name names, impress me with your potential list of records.

What s in the box?

So youre not telling what you might play, or what you might of bought for this mystical £8.

Come on....name names, impress me with your potential list of records.

What s in the box?

Don't you know that the pleasure of anticipation accounts for 70% of the best part of any experience !!!!!!

Have patience woman..............let me impress you on the night with my experience and repertoire...........you'll be asking for advance press photo's next..............where will it all end ?

Don't you know that the pleasure of anticipation accounts for 70% of the best part of any experience !!!!!!

Have patience woman..............let me impress you on the night with my experience and repertoire...........you'll be asking for advance press photo's next..............where will it all end ?

Oh secret squirrel is it?

I m doing your wife and the Murphy s a cd even as we type. No secrets here honey. Do you want a track listing?

As it s Ms Chase s birthday do you think you can bring yourself to play Honeycone If I cant fly for her on saturday. You ll have a copy .....it s an £8 record.....

Ps I can always track your movements on e bay Soulbeagle

No he just goes on Gemm and signs in on his alias.

looking forward to seeing you too :thumbsup:

xxxxxxx

Got a fone call to ask where I was......as you lot all went out and partied (without me and Ken I might add). :)

I thought I'd take the kids to the park and pretend to be a mother.......plus, took them swimming yesterday.... :good:

I think the guilt thing set in as I went out twice last weekend and they will be lucky to get a word out of me or even see me next weekend.... :)

Trying not to get too excited, I am supposed to be a grown up..... :)

Got a fone call to ask where I was......as you lot all went out and partied (without me and Ken I might add). whistling.gif

I thought I'd take the kids to the park and pretend to be a mother.......plus, took them swimming yesterday.... :good:

I think the guilt thing set in as I went out twice last weekend and they will be lucky to get a word out of me or even see me next weekend.... :rolleyes:

Trying not to get too excited, I am supposed to be a grown up..... :lol:

I m ringing the Jeremy Kyle show, that s dreadful.

We didnt go out without Ken, we were expecting him...er we went out without you. Only because we knew you would be getting prepared.

xxxx

I m ringing the Jeremy Kyle show, that s dreadful.

We didnt go out without Ken, we were expecting him...er we went out without you. Only because we knew you would be getting prepared.

xxxx

whistling.gifx
Guest matt tees

Just over a week to go...

Benn Hall, Newbold Road, Rugby, Warks.CV21 2LQ.

The post code is for the building opposite, as the Benn Hall does not come up on any auto-routes!!!

2pm - 2am.

Two rooms playing classic northern, rare 6T's, crossover and modern.

"Main Room" - Adam Karl Boddington Pat Brady John Parker Dave Rimmer Matt Smart Trevski

And the all new "Freestyle Room" - David Bailey Peter Burton Matty & Welly Soul Twins Tony Warot Glyn Williams

£8 before 4pm...£10 after 4pm

Contact 01788 541516 or 07817732468 or 07768978085

Sprung wooden dance floor. Record dealers welcome. Large car park. Capacity 360. Late bar.

web-site: Rugby Soul Club

E-mail: rugbysoulclub@hotmail.com

First one of this year....

Have a great night on Sat and congratulation on 2 years, I would have liked to have come but I am on DJ duties up in Scarborough, just down the road from Pontypridd, I wish but will be with you at your next event in April.

Have a great night on Sat and congratulation on 2 years, I would have liked to have come but I am on DJ duties up in Scarborough, just down the road from Pontypridd, I wish but will be with you at your next event in April.

My apologises congrats on your 3rd Anniversary.

My apologises congrats on your 3rd Anniversary.

Apologies excepted "Matt Tees"...is he still alive... :hypo:

Shame you can't make it but at least you will be there 8th April, I hope... :D

Guest matt tees

Apologies excepted "Matt Tees"...is he still alive... :D

Shame you can't make it but at least you will be there 8th April, I hope... :hypo:

I will be defo be there on 8th April, and Matt Tees is still alive but he must be at least 67, still, I am sure he could still score a goal or two. Anyway, Rugby Soul Club Cum On !!!!!

am really looking forward to this, can you tell me what time Mr Warots and Mr Burtons first spots are. Have to get them 'to the church on time' as it were :lol:

Not like you not to be paying attention Win......I posted the flyer with playtimes at the top...

But just for you......Tony Warot 5pm - 6pm is the first of the two to play...

I know you will be there by 2.05pm....eager as ever... :unsure:

Quick reminder for all.....Parking has to be paid up to 6pm....Don't want anyone to get a fine...The traffic wardens are quick off the mark round here....

Not like you not to be paying attention Win......I posted the flyer with playtimes at the top...

But just for you......Tony Warot 5pm - 6pm is the first of the two to play...

I know you will be there by 2.05pm....eager as ever... :unsure:

Quick reminder for all.....Parking has to be paid up to 6pm....Don't want anyone to get a fine...The traffic wardens are quick off the mark round here....

How much will that set me back?....... :lol:

Ken

I think as Garv is gonna let you drive his car so he can get there...then he should also pay for the parking....I'm sure that's fair.... :thumbsup:

:D:D:D ............ I think you should be sooooooo pleased to see punters of our good standing that you should pay for the parking & let me & Kenny in for nothing............ i hope that cheque bounces :D:D

Thank you :thumbsup:

Arse licker :D:D