What are the chances

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Been updating some customer files at work. I send inflation data to:

Linda Jones

R B Greaves (what are the chances hey)

M Smith (can it be Moses??)

I also send data to a Mrs Sparkes at a gas company. OK not soul but makes me smile.

And a guy at a bank called Christopher Peacock. Wonder if he shortens his name to Cris?? Think about it.

Anyone else deal with anybody with soul names?

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

I heard a story that Pat Brady met the drummer on Tony Clarke's Landslide in the Radio Hallam reception a few years ago.

Ed

Doesnt a Tony Clark own a scooter shop in Bristol?? Or am I imagining it?

Social source share

Talkling about soul names (and possible misunderstandings), does anyone remember the clip from TOTP in 1982, when Dexy's Midnight Runners were performing "(Jackie Wilson Said) I'm In Heaven When You Smile"? Someone in the research department must have been tone deaf, as the image projected behind them was none other than darts champion JOCKEY WILSON!!

Gene

Social source share

Talkling about soul names (and possible misunderstandings), does anyone remember the clip from TOTP in 1982, when Dexy's Midnight Runners were performing "(Jackie Wilson Said) I'm In Heaven When You Smile"?  Someone in the research department must have been tone deaf, as the image projected behind them was none other than darts champion JOCKEY WILSON!!

Gene

Kevin Rowland was on telly last weekend and said they put the picture of Jockey Wilson up on purpose!!!

Social source share

Talkling about soul names (and possible misunderstandings), does anyone remember the clip from TOTP in 1982, when Dexy's Midnight Runners were performing "(Jackie Wilson Said) I'm In Heaven When You Smile"?  Someone in the research department must have been tone deaf, as the image projected behind them was none other than darts champion JOCKEY WILSON!!

Gene

If you sensible people read the SSCDT pages on Freebasing you would know a month ago that subject came up and we all had dart players for Avatars for a couple of weeks!!!!!

Dewhirst Butchers in Leeds, still going, was Ian Dewhirst's Dads' chain of High Class Butchers.

Ian DJ'd at the Leeds Central Soul Club and loads of others places that I'm too young to remember.......

Isn't he something to do with the resurgence of all these 'Salsoul' compilations?

Trouty's your man to confirm this one I think.

Jamie

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

You really should keep up with the SSCDT pages we have of course already covered this subject in depth ;-)))

What??!!

You discuseed my customers, with the same names as soul singers??!!

That is SPOOKY squared!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

If you sensible people read the SSCDT pages on Freebasing you would know a month ago that subject came up and we all had dart players for Avatars for a couple of weeks!!!!!

Dewhirst Butchers in Leeds, still going, was Ian Dewhirst's Dads' chain of High Class Butchers.

Ian DJ'd at the Leeds Central Soul Club and loads of others places that I'm too young to remember.......

Isn't he something to do with the resurgence of all these 'Salsoul' compilations?

Trouty's your man to confirm this one I think.

Jamie

Aye Jim Lad that he is!!!

Ooops sorry i thought i was still a gay pirate for a minute

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

What??!!

You discuseed my customers, with the same names as soul singers??!!

That is SPOOKY squared!

We even talked about your problems with real player waaaay before you even had real player it's all there if you look. You are forgetting that two of the members are former members of the Witches of Prestwich so it should hardly come as a surprise that they know before you do

JoT

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!