Saturday 11th Feb

Saturday 11th Feb 2006 Bishopstoke Memorial Hall, Riverside, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, Hants.

Music Policy: Northern, Motown, R&B and Club Classics.

DJ's: Resident Gary Todd (Soul Shoes) with guests John Weston & Dave Abbott.

8 til Midnight. Large wooden dancefloor. Superb waterside location, ample seating and easy parking. No bar so bring your own booze - cheap night out!! (Decent pub next door and off licence very close by.)

5 mins off J5, M27. From Eastleigh Town Centre: Over Rail bridge. Directly opposite River Inn/Toby Public House at T-Junc on Bishopstoke/Fair Oak Rd. Bear left just after the garage/safety camera - follow river. Hall on right 100yds (past Anglers Pub).

Local B&B's: -

Angler's Inn 02380 612995

Prince of Wales 02380 612544

• Replies 34
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There might be room for a bottle of sherry in the back of our car Nini, failing that there's a pub next door and an offy just down the road.

Tesco's champers is half price at the moment, might take a few bottles of that in a cool box, and it will still work out cheeper than my normal bar bill for a night out :unsure::unsure:

:angry: Got all excited thinking i could go to this one...then realised i couldn't...always loved their do's

That's a bummer not seen you in yonks. Not been to this do before myself

Saturday 11th Feb 2006 Bishopstoke Memorial Hall, Riverside, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, Hants.

8 til Midnight. Large wooden dancefloor. Superb waterside location, ample seating and easy parking. No bar so bring your own booze - cheap night out!! (Decent pub next door and off licence very close by.)

5 mins off J5, M27. From Eastleigh Town Centre: Over Rail bridge. Directly opposite River Inn/Toby Public House at T-Junc on Bishopstoke/Fair Oak Rd. Bear left just after the garage/safety camera - follow river. Hall on right 100yds (past Anglers Pub).

Would love to go to this one but already got to be at 2 places at once as it is :lol: got Melksham then the Marrs :lol: av a gudn

HB shades.gif

Aww you'll have a good time...should be busy....better still when you can take your own choice of beverage...course mine would be tea :lol: Was looking forward to catching up with some gossip too shades.gif

Take care will make sure to catch up soon xx

Lindsay, I can't beleive you consented to that signature, pls tell me you accepted under duress?

Col

ph34r.gif emmm seems i'm the only one who can't see it ...got no idea :lol:

Ive told you to put you glasses on if you stoped drinkin out of them you mite be able to see thro them :lol::yes:

HB :thumbsup:

I'll be at worcester too, was gutted to miss the rocket last weekend, so need to go somewhere RIGHT NOW! :thumbsup:

Get in your car Matt come down here i mite even let you put some money in the juke box :lol::yes:

HB ph34r.gif

Probably the best DJ guests Toddy has had at the Scout hut. Really hoping they play their normal sets and not the same old same old that this crowd tends to yearn for. I for one will be hoping they play the sounds that are not normally played there. Good luck to both of you - and try and stay sober blush.gif ).

Nice to see Gary still at it & keeping up the standard of his venues :unsure: .

Hope it goes well.

Russ

Nice to see Gary still at it & keeping up the standard of his venues :unsure: .

Hope it goes well.

Russ

...........and it did go well Russ. Numbers down compared to other months but with an all-niter on the IOW, an All-Dayer in Chichester and rumours of another event taking place simultaneously in Southampton it was imminent. Nevertheless a good night, plenty of laughs and dancing on a floor which for me has to be one of the best surfaces in the South. Normal routine, people walking in with shoulder, carrier and any other bags you care to mention as if they were entering an all-niter but alas only carriers for the booze they were to consume.

Musically I was looking forward to tonight and wasn't let down. Dave kicked off with Interplay and rightly bunged the volume up. Later on in his set he played Sounds Inc - My proposal much to my delight and generally played a mixed set of oldies and current biggies which kept both extremes of the crowd happy. Rarely hear those two tracks in the same set but it suited the two extremes of crowd that attend this venue and was a clever ploy. Great set with plenty of uptempo dancers.

John Weston I'm pleased to say did play what he normally is renowned to play which was a great breath of fresh air down here. He kicked off with a couple of unreleased Motown trax (Chris Clark & Temps) and then proceeded to play classy items such as Hamilton Movement and I never knew (forgot the artist) (which always reminds me of you for some reason Russ) etc. A few of the monthly " I don't know this so it's crap and we won't give it a chance" brigade petered out about two thirds through his set but even tho Johns taste hasn't always been the same as mine you just know what he's playing is class. I know what he's playing is good even if it's not to my taste. No probs - still enjoyable and folks on the floor at all times.

Big thanx to Mr Gary "Soul down South" Todd for deservedly hosting a regular event which is a success down here - even if it is in a scout hut thumbsup.gif and for introducing me to Tommy Tucker (great track). Please pass on our thanx to him Gav.

Ooh what a fabby night we had, as Steve said lovely dance floor, I really enjoyed the mix of old/new sounds, helped along the way by 2 bottles of champers and washed down with sweet cider LOL. Interplay was a request by Jason, shame he wasnt there in time to enjoy hearing it played LOL